• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Atlas

Mister Ouchie

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 19, 2011
New York
Got an Atlas bipod today. Wow, what a thing of machined beauty! Loading it is so much more forgiving than a Harris, which I never was able to do consistently (I still want to work on it though). Looking forward to trying it out at the range later this week.

Re: Atlas

Just ordered another today from Triad. Got the Atlas with an ADM mount this time though.

Another +1 for Atlas, I have no desire to ever go back to Harris

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dieselgeek</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I wish I could find a way to deploy them faster. Other than that, they are very nice. </div></div>

I came across a youtube video of someone showing how they deployed the legs with one hand, quickly. Takes a bit of practice, I guess.

I too saw this video, and its my only complaint with the Atlas. Its a pain to deploy and stow in a hurry.

Someone should do a DIY tutorial on that.

Atlas bipods are versatile and very sturdy. For lighter weight and quicker deployment, Harris bipods have their advantages too.

Thanks for the support guys!

Member gubicia is the one that showed me via video how to deploy/stow in a flash. Well okay, maybe two flashes... here

And not to make excuses but one of the "wants" expressed to us when designing the Atlas was to have all functions be made intentionally not accident. Spring loaded legs, when pushed/pulled in wrong direction can and will collapse. If you want the legs longer/shorter or in another position with the Atlas, the operator will need to move them.

vkc thanks and just for clarity, the standard BT10 atlas weighs 10.5 ounces, the 6-9 swivel Harris is 14 ounces and it is faster to deploy for me. (regarding weight, I set a weight threshold at 16 ounces for the new Atlas 5-H (for .338 heavy rifles).