• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Night Vision ATN MARS NV Riflescopes

kerjo

Private
Supporter
Minuteman
Jan 16, 2011
77W Longitude/43N Latitude
I have been reading past threads on ATN products from two years ago and ATN doesn't get much love. I have been looking at getting a NV riflescope and looked at the MARS6-3P riflescope. Does anyone have any first hand experience with the more recent riflescopes that ATN has produced? I gather that in the past they were deemed junk but what about today? EuroOptic (Hide Sponsor) sells them and Brownells just began selling them. I have also looked at the TNVC D-760 riflescope too but would like some comparisons to the MARS6-3P. Any help in spending 4K would be appreciated.

If your in the market for a Dedicated Night Vision Weapons Sight, This is the HOT new Ticket.

http://www.snipershide.com/shooting...tics-sprs4x-night-vision-rifle-scope-new.html

I^2 along with Ident marking and MOD armory have been working tirelessly to bring these to market. Now before everyone shouts "BIAS" let me beat all ya all to the punch. I am biased. I have looked far and wide for a Dedicated Night Vision Weapons Sight (DNVWS) for a while and the SPRS is it. The glass up front in this unit is incredible and the eyepiece is flat field with no fish-eye effect. They are built like a tank, all the Bells and Whistles (variable gain, variable color and intensity reticule, RC tube option if ya need .308 recoil capabilities, Comes with a American Defense Mount etc, etc, etc...) So before you go down the road of anything else, Talk a LONG HARD look at what your are wanting to do and how long are you wanting the unit to last? The SPRS will outlast anything on the market!

I have been reading past threads on ATN products from two years ago and ATN doesn't get much love. I have been looking at getting a NV riflescope and looked at the MARS6-3P riflescope. Does anyone have any first hand experience with the more recent riflescopes that ATN has produced? I gather that in the past they were deemed junk but what about today? EuroOptic (Hide Sponsor) sells them and Brownells just began selling them. I have also looked at the TNVC D-760 riflescope too but would like some comparisons to the MARS6-3P. Any help in spending 4K would be appreciated.

Hi Kergo, since you mentioned us.... Give me a call or email, be glad to give you some advice.

Vic

ATN is the last company I would get NV from. TNVC, MOD, and the other vendors here all have stellar reputations far surpassing that of ATN. All the armasight products I've messed with have been good too, and they have some really reasonably priced units.

Yes, as has been stated ATN does not get much love in most of the forums. I got a great deal on a MARS 2.5 - 4 and couldn't resist. I don't have a ton of NV experience but own a omniVIII pvs-14 (gen 3+ if I'm not mistaken). I also know this is not apples to apples. But the MARS unit outperforms the OmniVIII by a wide margin. Much better resolution and much better low-light operation (no moon, stars, etc.). I know the "-4" of the MARS is supposed to stand for Gen IV, for which there is no current standard - so it's just an in-house designation. I havn't shot a lot with it, about 100 rds of 6.8, but it has held zero and has never failed me. Adapts to changing light conditions, and bright lights quickly saving the tube. Just my experience with the MARS, nothing else.