• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

I think the one with the 17mm lens would be next to worthless, but the one with the 35mm lens could make a nice weapon mount.

As far as actually being useable for helmet mounted night walking similar to a PVS-14, I don't think so....

I have not used one though.

I was thinking more of when your riding looking for pigs or calling it would be nice to have both hands.

Idea sounds like it would be good but I was wondering about how practical it would be.

I've been contacting the companies that have this product and asking questions. I finally found out that ATN is the maker and the other companies were just distributors that slapped their own names. The other companies also gave me different answers to my questions so that was annoying and a complete waste of my time.

I currently use a Gen3 PVS-14 style monocular for night hunting and it's worked out great. I also use a 3x lens and IR light to help for low light nights. I've been reading up on thermal and decided to get one.

I really like the ATN Odin because it's small and I'll be able to use it as a helmet mounted device, handheld and possibly weapon mounted device.

I'm sort of on the fence on which Odin to get. The model without the internal reticle or the model with... I've been told that the Odin would work mounted in front of my Eotech and that it wouldn't by others... The price difference between the two is about 1k. So if I would be able to successfully utilize it as a stand alone weapons mount with my 3x magnifier (mounted behind the Odin) or to use the Odin in front of my 1-4x scope I would spring for the model with the internal reticle. I would like to have that option depending on the type of hunts I'm doing.

I asked ATN if I could try the Odin with the reticle and if it didn't prove useful if I would be able to exchange it for the model without the reticle... Waiting for a response.

ATN also let me know that the sensor inside is made from FLIR so that's nice to know.

Has anyone used a thermal monocular in conjunction with a Eotech, 1-4x scope or 3x magnifier??? I've been searching the web and haven't really found any reviews or anyone saying the image quality of these combinations... I know there are clip-on thermal devices, but I'm trying to find out specifically about any compact thermal monocular...

Any help or info would be great!

Last edited:
I understand that you can not use optics behind a thermal device. I should of been more specific and stated in-front of an Eotech/Scope/3xmagnifier.

Last edited:
BigTek, thermal devices can not see through regular glass of EOTech/etc. Clear glass looks like a perfect mirror when you look at it with thermal imager.

Max Rivkin
N-Vision Optics
[email protected]
N-VISION OPTICS

Yes, I had a chance to play with this unit. First of all it's super small and light which is very nice for this technology. Second its design is identical with PVS14 but functionality is a little different. For example it's not compatible with EOTech EXPS3 or trijicon as PVS14 does. But still I thnk thermal imaging technology has much more potential than regular night vision.

BigTek, thermal devices can not see through regular glass of EOTech/etc. Clear glass looks like a perfect mirror when you look at it with thermal imager.

Max Rivkin
N-Vision Optics
[email protected]
N-VISION OPTICS

Would someone chime in and actually answer BigTek's question about using the odin IN FRONT of an EOTech and not keep saying that thermal can't see through glass?

Placing Odin in front of the EOTech will provide the user with thermal image. However, this setup is going to change POI in a totally unpredictable and non-repeatable way. I would not recommend it.

Max Rivkin
N-Vision Optics
[email protected]
N-VISION OPTICS

I can't see that tiny lens being very good for thermal. Also, did that say $11,000+!!!??? Damn!

I have no desire to spend 11k on atn product, or even a dollar for that matter, but out of curiosity, if you were do dual mount this and a 14, would your brain combine the image? Like a head mounted monoc and a weapon mounted holo sight?

I was just thinking the depending on clearance your could just get a PAS-29 and mount it onto your pvs-14, and make sure the COTI is above the EOTECH...

But given hat the COTIs clip onto the PVS-14 and they project in the center of the lens, it would probably not work.

...and it appears they are now LEO / Mil only.

ATN Odin is a true leader on the thermal imaging market. It is a multipurpose thermal imaging scope that can be used in different applications and by many different types of outdoor activity lovers. What's cool to know about the ATN Odin is that if you purchase ATN Odin Kit you will also get all the features that a regular one has and special upgraded software it it which will allow you to have a reticle inside of the thermal scope and literally become a thermal weapon sight with no need to attach it to a daytime scope, it can be considered as an a;ternative to Thor at some point. So think about it guys. Here is a good place to but them, very good customer service and fast shipping.

ATN ODIN Thermal Imager . Best Thermal Imaging Monoculars.
ATN ODIN Thermal Scope Weapon Kit. ATN Night Vision, thermal imaging scopes w/ FREE Shipping. Thermal Imaging, Night Vision - TIWSOD31C

Anyone used one of these? Looks to be the best of both worlds and you get to use most of your pvs-14 accessories.

Odin-6WBW 640x480, 17 mm, 30Hz, 17 micron Weapon Sight Kit TIWSOD6WB - Thermal Monocular - ATN Night Vision Equipment

I bought ATN Odin-31C Thermal Imaging Monocular. ATN Night Vision, Thermal Imaging Monoculars with FREE Shipping. Best Night Vision - TIMPOD31C like a month ago however due to it doesn't have reticle I exchange it on that one ATN Odin-6WBW Thermal Imaging Scope Kit. ATN Night Vision, thermal imaging scopes w/ FREE Shipping. Thermal Imaging, Night Vision - TIWSOD6WB it costs almost 2 times more but you get full package plus capacity to use it as a weapon sight. highly recommend for those who likes technology and advanced shooting.

The potential problem I see is zero retention. A PVS 14 weapon mount is designed as an observation mount, not a rigid mount for zero retention. Even the picitinny ones that grip the front ring are not rigid enough for what I would consider solid.

This unit would be nice used in conjunction with TNVC's dual pvs14 mount. Ride or walk without having to hold up a thermal spotter. However, the FLIR COTI that slips over the PVS14 might be a better choice.

I looked real hard at the Odin with 32mm 2X lens setup with weapons cross arrow. I really like how small and light the system is, the fact it is very flexible use as a viewer or weappon sight, the 2X mag is good for normal ranges and still has enough FOV for up close use scanning for targets and the PVS-14 style body works with more extras than I can list here. Hooper hit my main concern for weapon sight use is I feared using the normall pvs-14 rail grabbers the sight wouldn't hold POI being removed all the time. That said I was really wanting something weapon mountable so went with the T-320/Thor 2X setup.

Ya the mounts for the Odin won't hold zero... They need to fix this or at least address the issue.

I have the thor but will change out the cheap arms mount for a LaRue ASAP! The arms is crap so if you're going to keep the thor then the LaRue mount is a top of the line mount.