• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes ATN ps-22?

savage110

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 21, 2009
USA
Re: ATN ps-22?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Savage110</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Anyone have a chance to play with these? Hows the clarity and quality of not only the image but of the whole scope itself? Im currently looking for a NV setup that I could use on yotes out to 200 yds and dont have the cash for gen 3, this would be stretching the budget, but it would be doable (id just have to save for a while).

http://www.cabelas.com/p-0048600712821a.shtml

http://www.atncorp.com/nightvision-daynight-atnps22-2

Thanks
-Felipe </div></div>

We've had enough calls in the middle of the night with our LE Depts. we work with experiencing MAJOR POA/POI shifts with these units. The whole purpose of using a "clip on" is not having a change to your zero when introducing these devices. Hope this helps.

care to elaborate bachelor jack? Al ive read about them on the net so far sees to be good so thats why Im wondering...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Victor-TNVC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

We've had enough calls in the middle of the night with our LE Depts. we work with experiencing MAJOR POA/POI shifts with these units. The whole purpose of using a "clip on" is not having a change to your zero when introducing these devices. Hope this helps.
</div></div>

What mount was this with, I wouldn't trust the one that goes on the objective, id have a smith put on a badger EFR ( I think thats what its called) and get the A.R.M.S mount for it....

Notice my budget though, Id love to have a 4k set of nightvision but thats a no-go.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Savage110</div><div class="ubbcode-body">care to elaborate bachelor jack? Al ive read about them on the net so far sees to be good so thats why Im wondering... </div></div>

They break. They are built of inferior components with garbage for QC. The company doesn't stand behind the products the sell.

I could go on.

Dont they use ITT tubes? Id love to hear all the other things wrong with em. I dont wanna spend 1800$ and get a shitty product.

What grade of tube?

ITT? Pretty sure they don't. Only a few firms make tubes in the USA. I think they were using imported tubes at some point. Victor would know more.

Do what you want. I've given you the best advice you're gonna get. Victor has as well.

Im looking at the Gen2 model if thats what your asking...

I have had a ps-22 for about 2 years now. Havent had a bit of trouble out of it, but I guess if I abused my equipment I would want one a little more durable.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: miah77</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have had a ps-22 for about 2 years now. Havent had a bit of trouble out of it, but I guess if I abused my equipment I would want one a little more durable. </div></div>
Thanks for the reply, I don't plan on abusing it either, I plan on taking it out yote hunting occasionally on either a 17HMR or a .223....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: miah77</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have had a ps-22 for about 2 years now. Havent had a bit of trouble out of it, but I guess if I abused my equipment I would want one a little more durable. </div></div>

whats the chances of some pics through and of your set up?

thanks

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Finris</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What if any experience with the Ziess night vision that sits in front of the regular scope??? I want some thing for my sniper rifle. </div></div>
Please start your own thread and dont shit on mine, this is about the ATN Ps-22
Thanks

Funny I use a ATN PVS-14 at work and I use it on my Rock River, mounted on my helmet and hand held. I leave at times in my gear bag geting banged around. I am totally pleased with the ATN products. I have 2 of the PS-22's coming for the office and I expect them to perform as well as the PVS-14.

I'll be giving them a review when I get them I plant put them on my Rock River .223 and my Rock River LAR-8

Hopefully they will arrive soon

PVS-14's are sweet. They however don't like recoil so keep them on the small stuff. Had a friend send his back after it quit while using it on his .308. He was told they work as a weapon mount but were designed as a helmet unit.

Stick with ITT/Morovision... Let someone else get the $1 eye surgery! I will find out who the professional is and pay his rate.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Savage110</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Finris</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What if any experience with the Ziess night vision that sits in front of the regular scope??? I want some thing for my sniper rifle. </div></div>
Thanks </div></div>
Yeah, you wouldn't want any info on any other product to cloud your judgment. Nothing like newer members being a prick to other new members. Jack and the other fellows have summed up the opinion of most of the guys here on pretty much ALL ATN stuff. They don't call it <span style="font-weight: bold">A</span>nother <span style="font-weight: bold">T</span>actical <span style="font-weight: bold">N</span>ightmare for nothing.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: HuntinAZ</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Did you talk to Game and Fish and get a permit to shoot yotes at night? </div></div>
No not yet, I still gotta check on that, if I cant, Ill still get one and take er down to texas once in a while.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: csi:cyberspace</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Savage110</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Finris</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What if any experience with the Ziess night vision that sits in front of the regular scope??? I want some thing for my sniper rifle. </div></div>
Thanks </div></div>
Yeah, you wouldn't want any info on any other product to cloud your judgment. Nothing like newer members being a prick to other new members. Jack and the other fellows have summed up the opinion of most of the guys here on pretty much ALL ATN stuff. They don't call it <span style="font-weight: bold">A</span>nother <span style="font-weight: bold">T</span>actical <span style="font-weight: bold">N</span>ightmare for nothing. </div></div>

So far I have seen no one other then Vic that has any real experience with em and have a negative feedback. I know Vic knows what he;s talking about, but the fan boys including you probably have no experience with them and base your judgement on what you've read on the net.

Vic Im sending you a pm, I would like to hear more about the problems these things have, if worst comes to worst, Ill save a few more hundred and get a gt-14....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Savage110</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So far I have seen no one other then Vic that has any real experience with em and have a negative feedback. I know Vic knows what he;s talking about, but the fan boys including you probably have no experience with them and base your judgement on what you've read on the net.</div></div>

It's amusing to me how you come on here, ask a question, get relevant advice and then discredit everyone who took the time to reply to you. Lesson learned.

Okay, simple question back at OP. Have you ever wondered why ATN scopes are SO inexpensive compared to what's commonly fielded?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BachelorJack</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

It's amusing to me how you come on here, ask a question, get relevant advice and then discredit everyone who took the time to reply to you. Lesson learned.
</div></div>

relevant advice would be people who have first hand experience, not what you read on the net, maybe if you had posted your experience with the product or any product from ATN instead of just saying "stay away" my post would have read: "so far I have seen no one other then Vic and BachlorJack..."

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dogtown</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Okay, simple question back at OP. Have you ever wondered why ATN scopes are SO inexpensive compared to what's commonly fielded? </div></div>

Yes, but I was hoping there was a chance that they made a good product, Ive talked to chip at TNVC and I think ill be going the GT14 route, it might no be front mounted but Id rather spend my money on a quality product.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dogtown</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Okay, simple question back at OP. Have you ever wondered why ATN scopes are SO inexpensive compared to what's commonly fielded?</div></div>

Must be the value
wink.gif

I like Cabelas a lot, think they are a great company and all. However, I would be very hesitant to take any night vision that they sell seriously.

You may not like BJ and his brutal honesty, but I've got a pretty fair idea he knows what he talking about. That being said if all your budget can afford is ATN then buy it, then report back with your own review so we can learn from it. I would however buy it from Cabelas and shoot the shit out of it quick, the nice thing about Cabelas is their great customer service if you do have an issue.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Savage110</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Yes, but I was hoping there was a chance that they made a good product, Ive talked to chip at TNVC and I think ill be going the GT14 route, it might no be front mounted but Id rather spend my money on a quality product.</div></div>

See, there you go - ask Victor or Chip about ATN
wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Scooty Puff Sr.</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I had a friend tell me that there is a time when a $2 hammer works as well as a $500 hammer, but in the world of NV that isn't the case.

He recommended the following:
http://tnvc.com/items/night_vision_scopes/d740g3sela.html</div></div>

Dirk, we really gotta talk...