• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Night Vision ATN PS22 Gen 3 help a NV noob out

JRose

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 10, 2007
Back in BHam!!!
So I may be able to pick up a Gen 3 PS22 that’s in practically new condition. What are the going used rates on these dilly’s, and are there any revolutionary differences between the 22 and newer iteration 28?

Collimation seems to be an issue with the ATN clip one. I'd skip it and look at getting an Armasight.

Reactions: JRose
Yeah, ATN seems to be hit or miss, which is what makes me a little weary about going used.

This one is $1500, and while it’s a great price vs the new cost, I’d hate to have a $1500 paper weight. ?

The PVS-30 refurbs are going for $4700 or so ...
Depending on your use case, I'd go for that one.
They can support 16x+ magnification, though they are a little heavy and you would run off a tripod.

6u3IAxPh.jpg

PVS-30 on the left ...

And I had a used ATN PS-22 and it had collimation issues ... 3.5 moa elevation and 2 moa windage were the adjustments I had to dial on my L&S 3.5-10x TMR scope to get the PS-22 to hit where the day scope hit. :)
==

And I had a used ATN PS-22 and it had collimation issues ... 3.5 moa elevation and 2 moa windage were the adjustments I had to dial on my L&S 3.5-10x TMR scope to get the PS-22 to hit where the day scope hit. :)
==

That’s what I’m afraid of. That’s killing the main benefit to a clip on.

Thanks!

I sent my PS-22 in to ATN right after I got it to have them re-collimate it. I paid $150. The adjustments needed to dial, where the same before I sent it in as they were after I sent it in.

The PVS-30 refurbs are dead on as long as your rings are close enough in terms of center height. I know rings between 1.3 and 1.5 center height work.

I paid $4,500 for my Armasight CO-LR back in 2014 ... and why would any one pay that for an Armasight now as long as the PVS-30 refurbs are available at around $4,700 ?
Right now, for NV clipon, PVS-30 seems like a no brainer to me. Only issue I can think of it weight. If you are trying to hunt while moving in standing unsupported style, then the PVS-30 is too heavy and the CO-X or CO-MR might be better, but you still might have to dial an adjustment with the Armasights. In my experience, only the expensive military clipons behave like REAL clipons with no adjustments (provided you rings are the right heights). So it is a "magic moment" with the normally $10k PVS-30s being available for under $5k due to the refurb program.

Last edited: