• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Rifle Scopes ATN X-Sight digital rifle scope... sounds too good to be true

There are too many poor reviews of ATN items failing out of the box for me to go near them even for a few hundred bucks. As for this, it just raises too many questions for me.

#1- It measures velocity? Of what? The scope through GPS? Something on screen? I am confused.
#2- Image Stabilizing? Does this mean I can be shaking the rifle/scope but the crosshairs look like I'm as calm as a hindu cow?
#3- What Generation of NV does this digital offering compare to? I hate those day/night split pictures they show because there's no way in hell they're accurate. Shoot, they show a similar picture on their Gen 1+ crap that makes it look better than Gen 3. I would like to officially declare shenanigans, sirs.

Hybrid scopes are beginning to pop up and show some promise in theory (and cost). However I'll wait until they have a few years under them with reviews before I save up for one instead of a PVS-14.

Like I said, seems to good to be true.
I was only really interested in the day/night scope feature, but even that seems really far fetched at the price.

Only time will tell. I think the same thing... Too good to be true. But people that have had their hands on demo/prototype models have seemed to be impressed at the price point. When they hit the market Im sure they will sell many and we will get our answers.

I look at this scope as a peak into the future. I think in 5-10 years the concept will evolve to a point where there will actually be a usable hybrid digital/day optic. I will also venture to say it will not be manufactured by ATN.

Sully

I may become a guinea pig.
As a techie, I'm a good candidate to troubleshoot problems and I love to pi$$ away money (just ask my wife).