• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Attaching an Anvil 30 head

DrewC

Private
Minuteman
May 19, 2014
Washington
I picked up the Anvil 30 head to stick on my Leofoto tripod. is there a special bracket that people are using or just using blue locktite and screwing the head right to the tripod? I’ve tried it and seems to work fine but wonder If theres a more secure method.

I picked up the Anvil 30 head to stick on my Leofoto tripod. is there a special bracket that people are using or just using blue locktite and screwing the head right to the tripod? I’ve tried it and seems to work fine but wonder If theres a more secure method.
I'm getting a new plate made for my 404

I think it depends which model tripod you have, the RRS 3 series anvil platform may be an option. The 404 is too big for it though.

Depends on what legs you have. The 404 is a 100mm bowl and the 364 is a 75mm bowl. Most people using this setup use the anvil 30 with a series 3 adapter in 364 legs. I want to say there is a 100mm bowl adapter out there, but I dont recall off the top of my head.

Yea the series 3 adapter is what you want. Just drop it into the 364 legs and tighten it down that's all there is to it.