• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Attention 22LR Rimfire shooters - See this

Shooter_X

Pardon me. Would you care for some Grey Poupon?
Banned !
Minuteman
Apr 8, 2019

I threw this song in to one of my , self embarrassing, posts, wherein I made an asinine of myself AGAIN.
I then made meself a drink and started thinking about the words in this song. And how fortunate I have been in this life.
I'm kinda new here. I prolly rubbed some folks the wrong way a few times. I'm good at it. I don't even have to try. It comes naturally.
It aint easy being me.

So anyways I have decided to give, one of you here, a brick of RWS Target rifle , which marks famously from my Vudoo V22. You don't eben have to pay shipping. AHHH - HAAA, I knew you were wondering about that!
All I wanna see, is your reasons for wanting to try this round. If you haven't already? Or other reasons. From this, I'd like to see who genuinely needs it the most. At the end of it, anyone who participates in this, gets to say who he thinks should have it, and why.
There could be more than one winner. But I degrees. I wanted to walk it like I talk it. My gift to society, because , it aint about what you got.

T.S. - Bring it

I haven't tried it, so send it to me. I'll actually shoot it. Hell, I'll do a 5x5 with it.

Plus having a real world favor from me may come in handy at some point :D

Reactions: Blutroop
A few shooters, like you and @Dthomas3523 who come off rather strong in your posts, at least come from experience and provide valuable advice to a lot of us newer shooters. So I thank you guys and everyone else who has provided helpful information for us new shooters, or even us older shooters who continually want to learn and improve.

I bought my first bolt rifle this summer intending to go hunting or 'just for fun' and ended up joining an NRL22 match pulling out an old 10/22. Since then I bought a Tikka T1X and got my fiance into shooting. 3500 rounds through it so far, and hungry for a lot more. Just ordered a new match barrel and ready to go and test out a few dozen lots of ammo! Fun sport, and have met a lot of great people so far doing this.

I don't need the ammo, as I can provide for myself, but just wanted to say thanks to you and the many others for making The Hide a place I keep coming back to.

Ok, I'll play. I shoot centerX in my Kidd and it's lights out, but it's expensive. And, I've got 2 kids shooting matches with me. And, I'm not @TheGerman and there's no one that owes me $500 that's trying to let me in on the investment of the century. So, send it to me. For the children.

And, if it doesn't shoot in my gun, I'll dole it out to the newbs at the next 22 match that show up with stingers and mini mags and can't figure out why the can't hit shit beyond 50 yards.

That reminds me. I need to buy some more CenterX.

I know you guys don't need it and it's not a charity event. I don't mean to make anyone on this site to feel that way.
But you guys know me. I always do it wrong. Please don't take offense. It's truly just a giveaway for the rimfire forum on this site. No strings attached. This may not go anywhere. It aint never hurt to try.

T.S.

that's extremely generous donation thank you , and good shooting to whom ever gets it .

I don’t even have a .22 worthy of such ammo. I did just acquire a charter arms ar-7 that I’m trying to convert to .17hm2 so I can have something small and semi to carry ice fishing this winter if I get a chance at a fox or coyote. I’m thinking about getting a savage little rascal for my 4 year old but it would be a while before I would feel good about letting him shoot the good stuff. I just wanted to comment because this is a great thing you are doing. Since I started grouse hunting with air rifles I’ve had a lot less need for 22lr.

I would love to try that ammo out In my vudoo. Where I live there is no high end match ammo and it’s very hard too test lots to see what your rifle will like but good thing the vudoo shoots cci well. Once you see the shipping I’m sure that free shipping ahhhh-haaaa will change your mind lol unless your traveling to Hawaii then in that case stuff it in your luggage. We can shoot some guns drink some beer and have a great time. But that’s a very generous offer and I’m sure some one will be happy to get it.
P.S everyone’s an asshole some people are just better at it then others...

Reactions: Shooter_X
I would love it add it to the long list of ammo I have tried in my Vudoo. So far the edge still goes to the old Lapua made Wolf ME, followed closely by the Lapua Center X. I did have the opportunity to try some of the Eley made Wolf this week, it was terrible with a capital T.

I would love to try that ammo out In my vudoo. Where I live there is no high end match ammo and it’s very hard too test lots to see what your rifle will like but good thing the vudoo shoots cci well. Once you see the shipping I’m sure that free shipping ahhhh-haaaa will change your mind lol unless your traveling to Hawaii then in that case stuff it in your luggage. We can shoot some guns drink some beer and have a great time. But that’s a very generous offer and I’m sure some one will be happy to get it.
I feel your pain. I’m in Alaska. Shipping is very hit and miss even though we are on the same continent

Nah, it's free shipping.
Nobody owes me nothin.
You just won yourself a couple boxes. Pm ur addy.

Maybe we'll have a beer one day, anyhow.

T.S. - there I go again.

Last edited:
What a great gesture! I doubt you're as complicated as you indicate. Text messages, emails, forum posts are difficult to interpret from even the best intentioned people at time. We rely a lot on conversational tone, expressions and gestures to determine context, of which there are none when posting/writing.

I really appreciate the genuine effort to make right what you perceived to be a slight to someone else. Good on you!

I am getting my sons into NRL22. I am hoping (probably naively) to displace some of my sons time with computers, games, and persondal devices with something in the outdoors they enjoy. I've got two of the four interested so far. I even traded my Wilson Combat for another Vudoo just so they could shoot something nice! (Hoping I do not regret that in the long run...) Now looking for a lefty bolt action to get the other son situated.

If I had the ammo, I'd only want to use it for getting them up to speed on some of the basics with velocity, testing, and dope as compared with SK, which is what I normally shoot. But I am sure there are others who might need it more based on individual circumstance.

In any case, no worries either way, just glad to see someone helping others.

What a great gesture! I doubt you're as complicated as you indicate. Text messages, emails, forum posts are difficult to interpret from even the best intentioned people at time. We rely a lot on conversational tone, expressions and gestures to determine context, of which there are none when posting/writing.

I really appreciate the genuine effort to make right what you perceived to be a slight to someone else. Good on you!

I am getting my sons into NRL22. I am hoping (probably naively) to displace some of my sons time with computers, games, and persondal devices with something in the outdoors they enjoy. I've got two of the four interested so far. I even traded my Wilson Combat for another Vudoo just so they could shoot something nice! (Hoping I do not regret that in the long run...) Now looking for a lefty bolt action to get the other son situated.

If I had the ammo, I'd only want to use it for getting them up to speed on some of the basics with velocity, testing, and dope as compared with SK, which is what I normally shoot. But I am sure there are others who might need it more based on individual circumstance.

I don't know who you are but rearing children aint cheap. Sounds like you're doing it right. They lucky. Wish I coulda had what they have.
2 BOXES
PM your addy.
T.S. - and thank you sir

I threw this song in to one of my , self embarrassing, posts, wherein I made an asinine of myself AGAIN.
I then made meself a drink and started thinking about the words in this song. And how fortunate I have been in this life.
I'm kinda new here. I prolly rubbed some folks the wrong way a few times. I'm good at it. I don't even have to try. It comes naturally.
It aint easy being me.

So anyways I have decided to give, one of you here, a brick of RWS Target rifle , which marks famously from my Vudoo V22. You don't eben have to pay shipping. AHHH - HAAA, I knew you were wondering about that!
All I wanna see, is your reasons for wanting to try this round. If you haven't already? Or other reasons. From this, I'd like to see who genuinely needs it the most. At the end of it, anyone who participates in this, gets to say who he thinks should have it, and why.
There could be more than one winner. But I degrees. I wanted to walk it like I talk it. My gift to society, because , it aint about what you got.

T.S. - Bring it

Nice shot TS

Shooter X it is a very nice gesture with the ammo. I personally haven’t tried RWS ammo but see it mentioned a lot on here. I am always on the lookout for a nice ammo that is a happy medium between cost and performance. I’m not posting because I want the ammo. I managed to stock up pretty good earlier this year and have found that cheap CCI works well enough for practice and we keep our Eley for matches. I’m sure there are guys here who genuinely need the ammo.

Like ESBVadar I’m teaching my two boys to shoot. My oldest son is 10 and is doing very well in our local rimfire series. He also shoots PRS with an AR15 we built for him together. My youngest son just turned 9 and plans to shoot his first 22 match when next years series starts. We have a new lower for his AR and will be starting it this winter. I love getting my boys out of the house and away from the computers. It does cost a small fortune to provide ammo for all the rifles though. It is nothing for my boys to blow through a full brick each in a day at the range. It is a bit of a hike to the range so we usually spend most of the day there. Honestly these rimfire matches have been a blessing. If you have ever seen the amount of centerfire ammo two kids can burn through during a full day on the range it would make you queasy. Luckily I taught the boys to reload too and if they want to shoot it they have to load it.

Again Shooter X great gesture and thank you.

I posted this in the T1x thread but I’m guessing a lot of guys haven’t seen it. It’s a really good article on precision rimfire matches. The boy laying prone on the boat simulator and the boy in the last photo with the black cap is my 10yo son.

Last edited:
I have or have access to several different makes and models of Target rimfire rifles , should you want one tested

Nah, it's free shipping.
Nobody owes me nothin.
You just won yourself a couple boxes. Pm ur addy.

Maybe we'll have a beer one day, anyhow.

T.S. - there I go again.
Thanks shooter stuff it in a Cracker Jack box and maybe they will think it’s the prize inside lol

Give it to me because in addition to eating govt cheese.......

1571450267762.png

You pity me because I shoot government ammo....

1571450341416.png

Let us not be poor for a few moments together!

1571450396608.png

It aint easy being me.

T.S. - Bring it

I very rarely go on this part of the forum and have never commented on it until now. I have no idea who you may have crossed one way or the other, however this gesture is very gracious and sounds like a very stand up act

Good on you. Great geature

I love that scope. Can you give some specs on it?

20X Unertl with a 1.75 inch head.

Bought it off @rth1800 here using my .22 caliber ammo money.

Great scope but 20x is a lot of mag if Im shooting 50 yards the world always seem to be moving.

20X Unertl with a 1.75 inch head.

Bought it off @rth1800 here using my .22 caliber ammo money.

Great scope but 20x is a lot of mag if Im shooting 50 yards the world always seem to be moving.
Yup I’d love to have something like that on my 17 rem ar. It looks right at home on top of that wood stock though.

Reactions: pmclaine
I don't know who you are but rearing children aint cheap.

I’ll say it’s not. I’ve got ten children. Yes, with the same woman. Yes, they’re all mine. Over the last couple of years, I’ve managed to acquire each of them a .22 rifle. It wasn’t easy on a cop’s pay, but it’s important to me to instill in them my love of shooting, and the freedom we have to do it. Maybe next year I can save up enough to buy them some ammo.

Last edited:
If nobody is worthy lol ill take it and give to the jr shooters at the rifle club. Or ill shoot it and replace with a brick of CCI for the apple seed program also at my club.

I’ll say it’s not. I’ve got ten children. Yes, with the same woman. Yes, there all mine. Over the last couple of years, I’ve managed to acquire each of them a .22 rifle. It wasn’t easy on a cop’s pay, but it’s important to me to instill in them my love of shooting, and the freedom we have to do it. Maybe next year I can save up enough to buy them some ammo.

Lots of people hate cops. Being a cop is a thankless job. Everyone hates a cop, until they need a cop.
10% of bad cops give 90% of good cops a bad name. Law enforcement officers are the difference between a civilized society, and anarchy/chaos. I'm glad we have them.

PM me your address

T.S.

Lots of people hate cops. Being a cop is a thankless job. Everyone hates a cop, until they need a cop.
10% of bad cops give 90% of good cops a bad name. Law enforcement officers are the difference between a civilized society, and anarchy/chaos. I'm glad we have them.

PM me your address

T.S.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Damn I should have flashed my tin instead of my cheese............

I’ve got a New Tikka T1X I’ll pick up this week. Would love to try it in this rifle to see how it performs agains the SK+ I have here. Getting into this and setting up a rifle isn’t cheap. Whew

Just bought a 457 MTR as my first rimfire that wasn't a squirrel gun. Would love to try some decent ammo to talk myself into buying it more steadily.

This is very generous of you (op) to do this giveaway! Here in the PNW we don’t always have the space to shoot centerfire at distance. This confines people like myself to shoot more rimfire to emulate the ranges of centerfire rifles at more accessible spots. Our small community of shooters love the .22lr for this reason, not to mention they are flat out fun! I would be extatic to try some different ammo in my v22. I currently run federal gm match for its affordability. Never ran any “premium ammo” in it but it would be awesome to try. I’m active here and in the community and would be more than willing to provide feedback and data from the donated ammo! Thanks for the consideration for this giveaway.

Alright, I want to thank you all for participating. Honestly I wish I could send every one of you something.
Unfortunately, that would get rather costly to do. I have not been to UPS to see what shipping will cost on 2 boxes of 50 rounds, but I imagine they will want about 10 bucks , if not more.
It all started with one Brick.........then I got to reading, and didn't want to leave anyone out.

You all seem like a bunch of good guys, even the Government cheese guy.
So, we should end this thing today. I have three people that I am committed to with free shipping.

I didn't want to do this.......BUT, I don't want to leave anyone out. So I will make this offer.
Other than the three that I have committed to.........if any of you would like to just pay shipping for a couple trial boxes, 100 rounds......then I will take the time to wrap everything up , head to UPS at some point in the near future, and send everything out at the same time.
Not sure it would be worth it, and won't know until I check with UPS.

As to the brick of 500 rounds.
I tried to base this decision fairly, on content of character ( which you all have) and on, need.
There is a man here who is a law man, and has 10 children. On a law mans salary. This is hard. It's harder than anything I've ever done.....not sure I could even do it.
He bought all of his kids 22 rifles. This is dedication to the family. Through it all there were probably times that he wanted things for himself, but gave it to another instead.
Sniperstud is who I came up with for the Brick of 500 rounds.
My vote in this is not based on charity......but rather, good will.

So what do you guys think? I mean we could vote on it. But, this is what I came up with.
I'd really like to see all of you gain something from this even if it means adding 3 boxes instead of two, in order to make it more cost effective.

T.S.

Last edited:
Reactions: 10ring1
I was at UPS today and shipped 20, 30-06 rounds from Boston to Seattle it was $13 and change.

I'm all set with ammo but think your offer is magnanimous.

Great thing you are doing.

For me to shoot good ammo it may only make me feel down and on my cheese ammo.

Reactions: 10ring1
I was at UPS today and shipped 20, 30-06 rounds from Boston to Seattle it was $13 and change.

I'm all set with ammo but think your offer is magnanimous.

Great thing you are doing.

For me to shoot good ammo it may only make me feel down and on my cheese ammo.
Yeah that's kinda what I was getting at. 13.00 for 2 boxes, when you can buy it local for about 12.00.
Probably not worth it.
T.S.

PM me your address

T.S.
It seems to me that most cop haters are outlaws and most of them are druggies.