• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Attention to detail

JM4590

Private
Minuteman
Jun 28, 2013
Midland,Va
So I was gonna post this over on the shotgun forum, but those dudes have zero sense of humor.
So, was heading out to shoot some sporting clays this weekend and needed to load some 28ga shells. My MEC loader for 28 Ga is not a progressive and requires me to move the shell from station to station. That loader has the the powder on the right and shot on the left. Well, changed my mind and decided that 12ga was in order for the sporting clays course. So, slapped the 12ga loader on the bench and put the shot and powder on the MEC same as the 28ga. NOT! Started cranking out 12ga shells, and shit was going just fine. Until I looked at the rounds in the box spitting out from my loader. Noticed the crimp was indented, and saw gunpowder on top. WTF? Got to looking further and discovered the progressive loader needs to have the shot and powder reversed. HOLY SHIT! I was dumping 18gr of SHOT on top of the primer, and 1 OZ of powder in the wad😳. What a dip shit! Glad I caught it after only 12 rnds. Details - details- details.