• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Attention Vortex!!!!

1moaoff

Safe space provider? Nope!!!
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Nov 16, 2008
    cincinnati, ohio
    If you put better glass and the new electronics together you will sell a shitload of them!!!!!
    Add a reticle option and watch them fly out the window!!!!

Think just below swaro or the same and they will sell.

Get it done.

DITTO!!! Couldn’t agree more. Take the current rangefinder in the new Fury 5000, go to Razor quality glass or so, and give me an option to add a mil or moa etched reticle. Holy crap, let me get my checkbook!!!

Why isn’t this already a thing? I can tell you this...first company to do this for me for a reasonable price gets my $$$ so fast it’ll make your head spin.

Reactions: Rover31
    If they had a mount to cowitness their rangefinder on a razor spotting scope with the new MRAD eyepiece, it would be awesome

DITTO!!! Couldn’t agree more. Take the current rangefinder in the new Fury 5000, go to Razor quality glass or so, and give me an option to add a mil or moa etched reticle. Holy crap, let me get my checkbook!!!

Why isn’t this already a thing? I can tell you this...first company to do this for me for a reasonable price gets my $$$ so fast it’ll make your head spin.

This. Vortex, make it happen and it would be the only spotting device I’d need. Hopefully $1,500 or less.

Reactions: SuperChop
    They have a pretty good product but they could certainly make improvements.

Yeah why isn't that a thing?
    Physics, unfortunately. With just passive optical elements (lenses, mirrors, prisms, etc.), you can't get high magnification AND wide field of view AND long eye relief; there's a tradeoff among those characteristics, and for a spotting scope, magnification and field of view win out over eye relief.

Agreed, why they don’t do this I don’t know. Makes perfect sense to have range capability in a spotting scope

• Wow
    Reactions: Lumbeejake
    I'll take ...

1. Binos with reticle, better glass, and integral LRF
    2. 2.5-15x50 or 3-18x50 AMG
    3. Pic rail mount option for my Razor spotter
    4. LRF (1550nm) that can co-witness with a reticle and has integral ballistics with display output on HUD. HUD display two columns-- range and drop. Scrolling feature on HUD for multiple ranges--Target 1, target 2, target 3, etc. Reliable in all conditions to minimum 2000 yards on game. Repeatable QD mount with lockable elevation and windage adjustment. Ergos for spotter mounted and rifle mounted. Emphasis on compact and lightweight. Bluetooth to Kestrel/Android/iPhone.

I'll take ...

4. LRF (1550nm) that can co-witness with a reticle and has integral ballistics with display output on HUD. HUD display two columns-- range and drop. Scrolling feature on HUD for multiple ranges--Target 1, target 2, target 3, etc. Reliable in all conditions to minimum 2000 yards on game. Repeatable QD mount with lockable elevation and windage adjustment. Ergos for spotter mounted and rifle mounted. Emphasis on compact and lightweight. Bluetooth to Kestrel/Android/iPhone.

^^^^ And I’ll have a Coke!!!

I'll take ...

Amend #4

With accessory remote trigger/toggle switch to activate and scroll. Independent ballistics yet still able to Bluetooth for ease of transferring a gun profile.

While I agree there is a gap in the marketplace between the current entry level LRF/Bino (Sig BDX3000, Nikon Laserforce, Vortex Fury HD et al) and the higher end (Swaro EL Range, Leica Geovid HD-B, Zeiss Victory RF) I think Vortex was wise to "start here" and test the market. Now Vortex just came out with the UHD Bino's using an Abbe-Köenig prism design that while heavier and little bigger than typical roof prisms offer better light transmission among other attributes. It would appear the Fury HD 5000 are a big seller for them as the $1k price point has a bigger market than $2k. That being said, I would love to see a Razor HD quality bino with the LRF of the Fury 5000 (or better) inside it. I reviewed the original Fury HD and was not too impressed with the glass, but I've seen the Razor binos and think they are definitely a step up.

I know we all want this tech now, but we are really at the beginning of what this new tech can do, I don't think Vortex will sit quietly while Sig and others surpass them in tech and hopefully over the next couple years we'll see some middle weight optics with some amazing tech in them.

While we wait, I would love to see the Razor HD 4000 get bluetooth and integration with Kestrel like the Leica CRF 2800.COM to provide both drop and wind holds.

Ahem!!!! Check it out fellow members......prototype on the way with old school packaging.....keep your ears to the ground for further info.....☺........looks promising.....

IMG_2304.JPG

This is already a thing...

Steiner makes bunches of these..

Reactions: TACC
    Haha...ugh! No I wouldnt consider 7k "reasonable" either.

I was really cruising their products a while back. It seemed like they had several choices that were less. I know there were a pair of 8-30s with LRF and a reticle I had my eye on that were a lot less than that.

I've found that Steiner isnt terribly common here in the US. But their Military/LEO/Tactical line is gangbusters in Europe.

10-12x binos with real HD glass and a rangefinder comparable to Vectronix Terrapin. IE Soft targets to 1200 consistently. Some sort of mounting solution too on the objective end.

Or a smaller spotter that performs well at 20x with reticle and LRF comparable to Vectronix. Fixed 30x is alot of magnification sometimes. I run my 20x-60 at 20-30 100% of the time

10-12x binos with real HD glass and a rangefinder comparable to Vectronix Terrapin. IE Soft targets to 1200 consistently. Some sort of mounting solution too on the objective end.

Or a smaller spotter that performs well at 20x with reticle and LRF comparable to Vectronix. Fixed 30x is alot of magnification sometimes. I run my 20x-60 at 20-30 100% of the time

See, that's where things get dicey. Start tossing in a wishlist of flawless performance, and suddenly you find yourself looking at a 7k price tag like those Steiners.

Vectronix is expensive for a reason. As is high end binos with HD glass. Put them together.... $$$

See, that's where things get dicey. Start tossing in a wishlist of flawless performance, and suddenly you find yourself looking at a 7k price tag like those Steiners.

Vectronix is expensive for a reason. As is high end binos with HD glass. Put them together.... $$$

I spent that on the three pieces of gear that do the same thing. 2000 for terrapins, 2000 for swaro spotter, 2000 for swaro binos.

If they made 12-15 power HD binos with vectronix RF would be my ideal setup. Id drop 3500 for those.

Reactions: Birddog6424
    OK, gotta ask - for those that have actually used the Vortex Razor HD 4000 LRF, how does it compare with the Leica 2800? I know it doesn't have Bluetooth, so leave that part out. accuracy of ranging and beam size comments would be appreciated. Thanks!!

While we wait, I would love to see the Razor HD 4000 get bluetooth and integration with Kestrel like the Leica CRF 2800.COM to provide both drop and wind holds.

This would make the Razor HD 4000 the most attractive mid level LRF on the planet!!!

Reactions: Glassaholic
    OK, gotta ask - for those that have actually used the Vortex Razor HD 4000 LRF, how does it compare with the Leica 2800? I know it doesn't have Bluetooth, so leave that part out. accuracy of ranging and beam size comments would be appreciated. Thanks!!
    I own a leica 2400r took it out to a mile easy, haven't went any farther as of yet.

A small 2-10 SPR type scope that is FFP would sell quickly as well.

And something that is lighter than their current offering. The current one is a freaking brick.