• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Attn: San Diego shooters ((UPDATE))

diego-ted

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 26, 2011
Diego-Town
I am putting feelers out to see who would be interested in shooting bench rest style in a semi-formal setting, once a month. I do not see a following of this dicipline in the San Diego area. You can respond here or send me a pm.

Mods if this is in the wrong forum, please move
(((SEE MY LAST POST)))

Th. Diego

Re: Attn: San Diego shooters

Semi formal sounds good (I don't own a tie) but I'd be leaning more towards the practical type competitions. I've never shot a bench rest comp so I'd definitely be interested in it. I guess any kind of long range shooting would be much welcomed in SD.

I'd be willing to meet so long as its not a comp, long range shooting is fine. I'm not very good yet and still need a bit of training, but I don't have vary many shooting buddies.

I'm in if it's not too formal. Where in the San Diego area are you thinking about shooting?..........t.kifer

No will not be formal at all. I just figure we get togeather and shoot maybe three groups of 5 at each distance 100,200, 300 with about 20 minute rounds. Southbay rod and gun is the only range in San Diego that is set up for this. Let me know what you think?

Diego

Im in also, would love to see more long range shooting in our area. I lean more toward tactical but im game for BR too.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: diego-ted</div><div class="ubbcode-body">No will not be formal at all. I just figure we get togeather and shoot maybe three groups of 5 at each distance 100,200, 300 with about 20 minute rounds. Southbay rod and gun is the only range in San Diego that is set up for this. Let me know what you think?

Diego </div></div>

sounds good, would love to do it during the summer, when I'm not busy with school and when I develop handloads as well.

you seriously couldnt have done this a year ago when i lived there?

dont forget that out past south bay rod and gun there is a mountain with steel plates at 600yds

FWIW - I routinely shoot at NCSA Pala. Range is ~45 min from UTC/Miramar area and goes out to 890 yd. Although I have not yet participated in any of those matches, they offer High Power matches @ steel targets 4th Sunday of every month. Starting this year, I have been shooting in MidRange and LR comps at Camp Pendleton via Santa Margarita Gun Club. These are all prone matches rather than benchrest. So, there are some other options for competition shooting in the SD area if you're interested:

http://ncsapala.com/

http://santamargaritagunclub.org/

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rusty815</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
diego-ted said:
No will not be formal at all. I just figure we get togeather and shoot maybe three groups of 5 at each distance 100,200, 300 with about 20 minute rounds. Southbay rod and gun is the only range in San Diego that is set up for this. Let me know what you think?

Diego </div></div>

I'm a member at southbay. Meeting up at the mountains for 600 yard steel sounds great, maybe we could do that once a month on a saturday .

I've lived in the San Diego area for 40 years and have shot at South Bay a few times but I have never heard of a mountain with plates out to 600 yards. Where is it if you don't mind sharing info?............t.kifer

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: treymchattie</div><div class="ubbcode-body">you seriously couldnt have done this a year ago when i lived there?

dont forget that out past south bay rod and gun there is a mountain with steel plates at 600yds </div></div> Not any more!!! BLM officer made them go by by

OK, I have a meeting with SBRG to propose this idea. In concept, I want to shoot at their range bench rest type matches, unofficial and for fun but structured. The match will consist of three courses of fire of five shots each at 100, 200 and three hundred yards. Each course of fire would take about 20 minutes to complete. The whole match would take about two hours or so. I would like to do this once a month, more than likely on the weekend. For those of you that are interested please send me an e-mail to

[email protected].

I will create an e-mail list so I can contact everyone as a group. As this develops I can let you know dates and times we can shoot. I think this can be a fun thing to do and will meet good Calgunners in the process. Let me know what you think and please send me an E-mail and put Bench shooting in the subject line, so I can sort.

thx Ted