• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

ATTN. VETS: 3M Lawsuit Over Earplugs!

What exactly are you saying is "veteran welfare"??
Veteran welfare is what I call those who scam the system and receive service connected disability ratings for ailments they either don’t have, didn’t get from their time in service, or occurred post service but cheese dicked their way through the appeals process and got it approved. Veteran welfare is the same negative concept as regular welfare abusers that scam/manipulate the system and/or encourage others to do so just to get a check from the government.

There’s plenty of veterans that scam the VA...and those veterans who do are the ones I consider on veteran welfare.

I obviously DO NOT think that those vets with legitimate service connected disabilities are in this category.

That said, and on a completely different topic, I don’t think any of us should be getting paid unless we are rated at 100% unemployable. That money can be better spent increasing quality of care services for all disabled vets. I also disagree with the VA seeing anyone for any issue other than those ailments that they have ratings for. So essentially you get out and receive three years of free healthcare from them so you can get settled into a new life on the outside. After that, you don’t return to the VHA unless it’s for treatment of one of your service connected disabilities. Same rule would apply to retirees. Unless it’s for a rated condition, use your Tricare for life on the civilian market.

Broke your leg cutting your grass ten years after you’re out? Car accident? Caught the Corona AIDS after space docking with an alligator in Florida? Get seen at a regular hospital with your own insurance. The VHA doesn’t need to tie up resources or waste money on fixing you.

@M8541Reaper Got ya. I see "veteran welfare" as the VA giving you "service connected" and a lower rating than you actually qualify for.
Plenty of guys "should" be getting 100%, but the VA screws them over at lower ratings to make them fight for the higher ratings.

Reactions: M8541Reaper
@M8541Reaper Got ya. I see "veteran welfare" as the VA giving you "service connected" and a lower rating than you actually qualify for.
Plenty of guys "should" be getting 100%, but the VA screws them over at lower ratings to make them fight for the higher ratings.
Yea it kind of ends up being a mix between the VBA going through cycles (where they approve everything or deny everything for everyone) and most veterans not understanding the claims system or DBQs. Shit, then sprinkle on some VSOs that don’t know shit about fuck (AkA the Fudds of the VA benefits world).

At least the DOD is making great strides with helping peeps as they transition out now. Night and day difference from even ten years ago, let alone longer.

Anyways...back to 3M making all of us deaf and definitely not our blatant disregard for wearing the shit ear pro on deployment.

Let's not forget about the lead poisoning for Marines drinking water stationed at camp Lejeune until 1984
Those stationed at Fort McCLellan, Alabama are having all kinds of health issues. The EPA shut the base down because of the level of toxins in and around the base. I was there a total of about 5 years and have plenty of problems from it. I, literally, have hundreds of tumors all over my body, unexplained liver problems, unexplained muscles spasms in my back and some unexplained skin issues. Perfectly healthy then about 3 years after arriving I started having serious health problems that forced me out with 10 years in. I suspect a few of the health problems my son had were from his exposure when he was 3-7.

There is a push to start a Fort McClellan registry in the same way they have done an Agent Orange and Desert Storm registry.

What sucks is the guys that have the 214 to show will get something but the contractors won't get squat
I sent them a message. I was there and used those same plugs. I have seen other outfits saying it will also pay out to contractors.

What company? You can PM me if you like.

I used those once on a machine gun range day, both the yellow and green sides. After about 2 minutes I realized they were completely fucking useless. Know what I did? Used my fucking brain, switched to foam ear plugs, and got a shit load more for my Marines because Doc takes care of his Marines.

Whenever someone thinks "mil-spec" is "the best". I direct them to these earplugs lawsuits.

Veteran welfare is what I call those who scam the system and receive service connected disability ratings for ailments they either don’t have, didn’t get from their time in service, or occurred post service but cheese dicked their way through the appeals process and got it approved. Veteran welfare is the same negative concept as regular welfare abusers that scam/manipulate the system and/or encourage others to do so just to get a check from the government.

There’s plenty of veterans that scam the VA...and those veterans who do are the ones I consider on veteran welfare.

I obviously DO NOT think that those vets with legitimate service connected disabilities are in this category.

That said, and on a completely different topic, I don’t think any of us should be getting paid unless we are rated at 100% unemployable. That money can be better spent increasing quality of care services for all disabled vets. I also disagree with the VA seeing anyone for any issue other than those ailments that they have ratings for. So essentially you get out and receive three years of free healthcare from them so you can get settled into a new life on the outside. After that, you don’t return to the VHA unless it’s for treatment of one of your service connected disabilities. Same rule would apply to retirees. Unless it’s for a rated condition, use your Tricare for life on the civilian market.

Broke your leg cutting your grass ten years after you’re out? Car accident? Caught the Corona AIDS after space docking with an alligator in Florida? Get seen at a regular hospital with your own insurance. The VHA doesn’t need to tie up resources or waste money on fixing you.
Amen. I know a few guys that are 80-90% for back/hip/knee/ankle issues and are perfectly fine and dandy to squat and deadlift plenty of plates on each side of the bar. Pisses me off to no end.

Honestly, sometimes it makes me feel stupid for not claiming anything so "wouldn't be a burden to the system."

Potential involvement with a lawsuit payout and dealing with the VA are two different things.

I didn’t serve but do own and operate a third generation small business. My business was asked to be part of a lawsuit numerous times. We are typically contacted via mail, but I have also received notices via fax. I mention fax, because it is a dated communication device, but the lawsuit involved faxing of all things.

I always apply, regardless of the case, personal feelings about attorneys, or the merit of the case. It is business, your life is your business. Most of the time I bring the paperwork home and ask my wife to look into it, file, and keep me posted. She advised me to start participating years ago after bringing a notice home. I probably discarded more notices than I should have.

Back to the fax lawsuit - it paid several thousand dollars to my business and took a couple years to do so.

We are part of a pending suit with a credit card company regarding processing fees. Another opportunity years in the making.

If you are going to drive a golfball in a restroom, you better know all the angles. I’d jump on the dog pile.

Ironically, my wife and I have been talking about tinnitus lately. I’ve worn plugs forever and have been doubling up with muffs for many years.

I have too many friends and parents with hearing loss and too many that battled Alzheimer’s. At a point, being deaf is can rival the frustration/challenge of Alzheimer’s.

Best of luck and prayers to you guys that qualify.

Reactions: clcustom1911
I sent them a message. I was there and used those same plugs. I have seen other outfits saying it will also pay out to contractors.

What company? You can PM me if you like.
I appreciate it but I've already looked into it. Straight out of the Admirals mouth... you don't qualify, don't ask again...lol

I wanna bring this back up to front so people see it.

It's still a "thing".

I guess my case is still pending with the second lawyer. My buddy, he's been getting a lot of traffic with 'em but he's got a lot more documentation than I do. I think he's gonna be named as one of the plaintiffs.

When this shit is over, the plaintiffs are gonna get the big payout, then anyone that didn't jump on board will be able to sign up and get a few shekels in the mail I suspect.

But there are literally hundreds of us, ON THIS SITE ALONE, that probably qualify for this. Throw a dart, see if it sticks.

Reactions: Dolomite_Supafly
I have been on the fence about signing up. Enlisted in 2003 and still in. Have tinnitus and hearing loss documented. Said screw it and called a lawyer recently who is in on this deal. I am waiting to hear back.

I have been on the fence about signing up. Enlisted in 2003 and still in. Have tinnitus and hearing loss documented. Said screw it and called a lawyer recently who is in on this deal. I am waiting to hear back.

Not sure how that will work while your still on payroll

I'd be amazed if people from the Hide get onboard. Most don't even want to make a claim with the VA.

Bilateral Hearing Loss & Tinnitus...both service connected and rated. ...and both cost me career opportunities due to failing hearing exams during the hiring processes.

Still not putting in for this scam. I’ll keep my $140/mo VBA check to offset the cost of fourteen rounds of 9mm.

Wife’s eyesight is shit and I’m deaf. Together we are as unstoppable as Gene & Richard #SeeNoEvilHearNoEvil
We got a increase $144. and change

Reactions: M8541Reaper
Amen. I know a few guys that are 80-90% for back/hip/knee/ankle issues and are perfectly fine and dandy to squat and deadlift plenty of plates on each side of the bar. Pisses me off to no end.

Honestly, sometimes it makes me feel stupid for not claiming anything so "wouldn't be a burden to the system."

Just be sure you don't apply this logic to all vets who receive. I am currently at 100% P&T and do my best to lift in the gym, and have always been gifted strength wise. People have asked me how I am able to workout with my disabled vet tags and my response is this; "my wife has to bath me, sometimes I can't wipe my ass, I am on an ice machine (off and on) for 4 hours after I leave here and sleep in a heated blanket. Before you ask me how I can do this here, ask yourself what happens to me when I leave because you can see I can barely walk when I'm done." It usually shuts people the f** up and I dont get anymore questions while educating someone on stupidity. While I get its easy to look, and I can't speak for your friends, but there are a lot of people I know who you would have trouble seeing what there problems are, until you visit them at their homes. That being said....I have sat between some straight s*** bags trying to get benefits because their hands hurt (as they play on their phone in the office).

Now that im off my soapbox, my worry for this lawsuit is, can the feds argue you are double dipping? Using the same principal as repaying any medical separation pay for any rating you receive that matches the "disability" you were discharged for. I am extremely wary of the government as all people who served should be, I would be d*** sure my benefits or potential benefits couldn't be effected by jumping into this.

Its worth a visit to your VSO office and possibly a call/email to the VA to get something in writing that this won't be construed as federal double dipping or have any negative results on your VA claims, both pending and settled, prior to jumping on this ship.

Last edited:
8eYLbUgl.jpg

I tell this to every other veteran that decides not to file for the same reasons. File and take your money, if you don't they will just use it to buy a new monitor or chair to replace the one they bought the previous year. If you don't get what you deserve they will find a way to spend it just to spend it.

The compensation a veteran receives doesn't mean a veteran can't do anything, even at 100%. It just means they are being paid for damages that serving in the military caused. It would be no different than if someone were seriously hurt at their civilian job and then received compensation for being hurt.

A lot of times exercise helps veterans get relief from what is bothering them, both physically and mentally. I would rather someone do what THEY can tolerate and try to get better instead of shackling them with "your disabled, you can't do that."

I tell this to every other veteran that decides not to file for the same reasons. File and take your money, if you don't they will just use it to buy a new monitor or chair to replace the one they bought the previous year. If you don't get what you deserve they will find a way to spend it just to spend it.

The compensation a veteran receives doesn't mean a veteran can't do anything, even at 100%. It just means they are being paid for damages that serving in the military caused. It would be no different than if someone were seriously hurt at their civilian job and then received compensation for being hurt.

A lot of times exercise helps veterans get relief from what is bothering them, both physically and mentally. I would rather someone do what THEY can tolerate and try to get better instead of shackling them with "your disabled, you can't do that."
Dolo,

When you get seriously involved in the VA and assisting with other vets gathering and filing docs like i have....you don't realize how many of them are scared to ask for help because of the judgement they feel they will receive from other vets and civs.

I literally had a marine who had rods down 2/3 of his back and multiple surgeries on his knees tell me that he felt he couldn't apply because his buddies would judge him if he ever did anything other than be "disabled" or "helpless" after he got his due. THAT is the s*** that drives me nuts.

Not saying there aren't some vets who deserve to be s*** on for abusing the system, but in my experience, there are more of them that need help than not (and a lot of them have the evidence to prove it).

Those 3M ear plugs were used by more than just the military. As a retired railroad worker, I have lost much of my hearing due to trains running by you while you're standing next to the tracks while blowing their whistle.

This is company policy but having a horn which can reach up to 150 db within 20 feet from your body is devastating to your hearing. Over the last 10 years of my employment, the company would demand that everyone take a hearing test with questions asked that would take away the company's liability, but the policy never changed.

There were times while in a tunnel, the train would start blowing the horn as soon as it entered the tunnel until it exited the tunnel. We had a few tunnels that are more than a mile long. You'd swear your ears were bleeding after something like that happened.

Dolo,

When you get seriously involved in the VA and assisting with other vets gathering and filing docs like i have....you don't realize how many of them are scared to ask for help because of the judgement they feel they will receive from other vets and civs.

I literally had a marine who had rods down 2/3 of his back and multiple surgeries on his knees tell me that he felt he couldn't apply because his buddies would judge him if he ever did anything other than be "disabled" or "helpless" after he got his due. THAT is the s*** that drives me nuts.

Not saying there aren't some vets who deserve to be s*** on for abusing the system, but in my experience, there are more of them that need help than not (and a lot of them have the evidence to prove it).

Preach it Brothers. Those that don't apply for what they earned are screwing those that need it. I'm not going to argue "need" versus "want".

I can say trying to get thru a GS career after military life wasn't helping me in anyway. If anything it made my problems worse. It's taken me walking away from 7 years as GS, to "retire retire".
My last 3 years have started to defuse me from a 20 year military career. I'm getting better every day.

Reactions: Dolomite_Supafly
This may or may not be the place for it but if any other vets feel the need to BS to get your mind off life for a while reach out. I give my number out to anyone who asks and I will answer any time, day or night. Just ask me about what I am working on this week and we will spend an hour BSing. I love talking to other vets, we all have uniquely fucked up stories to tell.

@Csbarr I wasn't trying to imply people were abusing the system. Just trying to say that anyone who served should at least file with the VA. And I am sure you are aware the VA will never over rate a veteran. So any vet who files and gets a check is getting the bare minimum they deserve. Far too many settle for far less than they are entitled to out of guilt. When I met anyone new I ask if they are a vet and if they are I ask if they have filed. It is sad how many vets don't file.