• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Attracting hummingbirds

Hummingbird pussy. Gets 'em every time.

1614637307063.png

Last edited:
The wife has 4 flower pots she hangs on the deck's railing. Every year we have a ton of hummingbird come around and feed on the flowers. It's fun to watch them.

Last October I posted about our resident hummingbird. Wife called it Leslie. Since we are in moderate climate he did not migrate, he remains in the area however we seldom see other birds. We replace/refill the feeder once a week.

Not related to hummingbirds but cool:

Drone Hummingbird

I used to have an actual turkey that lived in my yard.

No shit, fully grown turkey that would scare the fuck out of me just jumping out of bushes and shit when I'd walk by.

Is that worth anything?
I love Wild Turkey but not the same thing :p

I used to have an actual turkey that lived in my yard.

No shit, fully grown turkey that would scare the fuck out of me just jumping out of bushes and shit when I'd walk by.

Is that worth anything?
Yes it is worth something, especially if you celebrate Thanksgiving.

one cup of regular old sugar to one quart of water, heat/boil until sugar dissolves. here in Gods Country of Central/South Texas, put out in Mid February to start attracting them back in.

i put out a gallon and a half at a time and make it in 3 gallon batches.

one cup of regular old sugar to one quart of water, heat/boil until sugar dissolves. here in Gods Country of Central/South Texas, put out in Mid February to start attracting them back in.

i put out a gallon and a half at a time and make it in 3 gallon batches.
I use ( 3 to 1 mix ) for year round . 1 cup sugar / 3 cup water . and also, It takes the colder winter months better here for not getting froze as fast, for the hummingbirds that hang here all winter and don't migrate out .

My Ruby-throated hummers don't like to share and there's constant dogfights over the feeders, usually with on dominant asshole sitting close by guarding them, like he's going to drink 16oz. of nectar by himself. They'll even buzz my head if I get too close.

They're smart little shits and one day in early spring I can expect to look out and see one thats returned from Mexico or Central America sitting on a favorite deer horn and know it's time to put the feeders back up.
Same here. I've seen as many as 5 of those ruby-throated Anna's in a turbocharged dogfight each other over the feeder. Super territorial!

Reactions: HeavyAssault