• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Auburn VS FL state in BCS National Championship Game

So glad it's Auburn and not Ohio State.

Sooner fan here but I've followed Malzahn since he was coaching high school. He's truly a good guy.

Don't get to excited Ben, it can cause the testes trouble! Haha! Congrats on a great turnaround season from an alabama fan. I hope they win it all and keep the NC in state for 5th year in a row!

I think it's going to be a great game. Interesting to say the least. FSU has man handled everyone they've played beating them by 30pts or more. That said they've only played two ranked opponents. Meanwhile Auburn has arguably the best rushing attack in the nation, hell there no argument, it is. That triple option scheme is deadly. Ought to be a great game.

Don't get to excited Ben, it can cause the testes trouble! Haha! Congrats on a great turnaround season from an alabama fan. I hope they win it all and keep the NC in state for 5th year in a row!

Hahaha! Definitely going to be swollen after the jumping around I did in my PJs. Wife is already daring me to fly to California.

Auburn has earned it. Great game last night. Looking forward to the BCS. Must say Im pulling for FSU just because Im tired of seeing the SEC domination.

AU v. FSU
That game should be worth 500 points scoring.
I live for SEC hard-nose defensive football. Last night was NOT it. BTW, who the F$*# let Mizzu in the SEC anyway? I thought we were pushing it with Razorbacks but that was ridiculous. Next thing you know we'll have Oregon in the SEC :( (That one is for you Mike)
Next year, SEC Network? Gonna have to pay extra to see the good games? Oh well, I'll still have my AM.......Go Jax State Gamecocks!!!!
Bless yer' heart Ben & CONGRATS on the season.
PS
Does all this mean Bama will play OSU in The Loser Bowl? Roll Tide!

After watching OSU last night Im thinking Bama will mop the floor with them for sure if that is how it ends up falling in the bowls.

Looks like Bammers will play Oklahoma, not OSU or OSU. Much better Sugar Bowl would've been UA vs Oregon with a healthy Oregon QB. Not to be due to economics. Bammer let down as when they played Utah a few years back? Hopefully not but will depend on Saban's coaching ability. Will be interesting to see how it unfolds.

SEC most dominant conference yet again. 4 teams in the final BCS top 10.

AU v. FSU
That game should be worth 500 points scoring.
I live for SEC hard-nose defensive football. Last night was NOT it. BTW, who the F$*# let Mizzu in the SEC anyway? I thought we were pushing it with Razorbacks but that was ridiculous. Next thing you know we'll have Oregon in the SEC :( (That one is for you Mike)
Next year, SEC Network? Gonna have to pay extra to see the good games? Oh well, I'll still have my AM.......Go Jax State Gamecocks!!!!
Bless yer' heart Ben & CONGRATS on the season.
PS
Does all this mean Bama will play OSU in The Loser Bowl? Roll Tide!

That hasn't been much defense in the SEC all year really. It's those with the better offense that has come out on top. Bama probably has the best defense in the nation and even then depending in who they were playing it would be a high scoring game.

Seems like offenses in general are starting to out pace defenses or in the SEC at least

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FSU is head and shoulders above the rest of the nation. Yes, even better than Alabama who is the second best team in the nation. There's no weakness to FSU they will handle the option just fine.

Its official. FSU vs Auburn

I have nothing against Florida State, but I hope Auburn beats the balls off FSU. Keep the title in the state and in the SEC.

Here is an interesting factoid (I was bored yesterday morning):
Of the 16 BCS national championships, 8 winners are located within a 200 mile radius of one point on the map......Farley Nuclear Power Plant in Columbia, Alabama (about 20 miles from my house).
That means that this geographical area (125,663.7 sq. mi) contains one half (50%) of the BCS national championships. According to Wikipedia, the overall surface area of the contiguous 48 states is 3,119,884.7 sq. mi.

To put it all in political terms, 50% of the BCS "wealth" is held by only 4.03% of the country.

War Eagle!!!! FSWho and their minor league sched...what a joke...
Beenjammin....ice down the boys...get ready for January

Auburn Class of 1980

FSU is an excellent team. Balanced in all aspects. But they have played a weak schedule. (not as bad as Ohio St)

Auburn played as many top 10 teams as FSU played against ranked opponents. Auburn played more top 25, top 10 and top 5 teams.
Auburn played 5 top 25 teams in the final bcs poll. FSU played 2. One of which was Duke

I have nothing against Florida State, but I hope Auburn beats the balls off FSU. Keep the title in the state and in the SEC.

Here is an interesting factoid (I was bored yesterday morning):
Of the 16 BCS national championships, 8 winners are located within a 200 mile radius of one point on the map......Farley Nuclear Power Plant in Columbia, Alabama (about 20 miles from my house).
That means that this geographical area (125,663.7 sq. mi) contains one half (50%) of the BCS national championships. According to Wikipedia, the overall surface area of the contiguous 48 states is 3,119,884.7 sq. mi.

To put it all in political terms, 50% of the BCS "wealth" is held by only 4.03% of the country.

HOLY SHIT!
You been smokin' that weed again..........
Thanks for the input there Cliff.
Just kiddin' but why didn't you just say that the best college FB in the whole world is played in the SOUTH?

Just kiddin' but why didn't you just say that the best college FB in the whole world is played in the SOUTH?

Because I don't necessarily believe that is true. I DO think some of the best teams are in the south (I think the polls show that), but that doesn't necessarily mean "the best college football played is in the south.

Don't read too much into it. Just a fun fact. I'm a stats guy and enjoy interesting facts.

I would say Roll Tide, but it doesn't really matter much at this point. :)

Tapatalk via Samsung Galaxy S4

FSU is head and shoulders above the rest of the nation. Yes, even better than Alabama who is the second best team in the nation. There's no weakness to FSU they will handle the option just fine.

We shall see. Remember while they have literally killed everyone they've played they've only played two ranked teams. That's not to say they don't play some decent unranked teams as they do. They just don't play the amount of quality teams like some of the SEC teams.

I would like to see if they or anyone in the country could've managed Tennessee's schedule this year. Not that Tennessee is good but it was downright brutal.

I think it ought to be a great game I'm not about to say FSU is going to win out right though. Even though I do think they're the real deal. I thought the same years ago when OSU had Troy smith and they got the hell kicked out of them by Florida.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It sucks having to turn these tickets away........... Already done it twice!

I think you will all be surprised at how well Auburn handles themselves against Florida State. The underestimation will hurt FSU. Its easier to look invincible when you dont really play anyone all season and have an SEC trained coach. Sure they beat Clemson at home, but Clemson went on to lose two more times this year.

I know Auburn will have issues with pass coverage.We have all seen it, but they have not seen anything like our triple option. Alabama had a tough time with it. It has become much more perfected since the LSU game onward. Marshall and Mason fake the camera guys out all the time, hell Im watching for the 40 yard line and I cant tell whos got it sometimes. If we can get to Winston a couple of good times, it will change the dynamic of the game. If FSU does stop our rush, it will change the dynamic of the game.

It is sure to be a great game and I for one think a much better game then it would have been if OSU had gone.

Uncle happens to be an FSU graduate... Relentless trash talk already. I thought the bammers were bad.

Last edited:
It sucks having to turn these tickets away........... Already done it twice!

I think you will all be surprised at how well Auburn handles themselves against Florida State. The underestimation will hurt FSU. Its easier to look invincible when you dont really play anyone all season and have an SEC trained coach. Sure they beat Clemson at home, but Clemson went on to lose two more times this year.

I know Auburn will have issues with pass coverage.We have all seen it, but they have not seen anything like our triple option. Alabama had a tough time with it. It has become much more perfected since the LSU game onward. Marshall and Mason fake the camera guys out all the time, hell Im watching for the 40 yard line and I cant tell whos got it sometimes. If we can get to Winston a couple of good times, it will change the dynamic of the game. If FSU does stop our rush, it will change the dynamic of the game.

It is sure to be a great game and I for one think a much better game then it would have been if OSU had gone.

Uncle happens to be an FSU graduate... Relentless trash talk already. I thought the bammers were bad.

Come on Ben, I've been a good sore loser!!

FSU is as close to SEC Talent that you can hope for outside the SEC. I HATE OSU, so I am so glad those princess schedule playing deadbeats got smacked by a basketball school.

Long live the SEC. I truly believe that in the BCS in order for a school of a different conference to win they must take it from the school/conference that has it for the last 8 years. Thats if the current champ conference has a team or teams in the top tier BCS.

UF, FSU and Miami fan bases all act like "new money" when they're having good seasons. Don't know how to win with class. I know, originally being from Jacksonville I've always rooted for the Gators and 'Noles but its embarrassing how their fan bases act when they're winning. As bad as they are, Bammers can't hold a candle to them.

Just ask your Uncle where all the trash talk was when FSU was having all those recent mediocre years in their pansy ass conference. New Money.

Hope AU can shut them the heck up in the championship game. It's gonna be tough...

You guys should see the prices of air fare. There is a price where even the hardest core fans like myself has to say wait a minute. At this point, I think I would rather stay home and spend the money on a new GA precision. Shortbus can paint it in Auburn colors for me.

image.jpg

You guys should see the prices of air fare. There is a price where even the hardest core fans like myself has to say wait a minute. At this point, I think I would rather stay home and spend the money on a new GA precision. Shortbus can paint it in Auburn colors for me.

Yep, if the game was somewhere other than Pasadena and we didn't have to fly cross country it would be easier to pull the trigger on one of the packages. Even with frequent flyer miles to cover the fare the travel time translated into a huge cost. Being a responsible adult sucks sometimes...

The 1941 championship is my favorite.

Is that anything akin to Auburn claiming 1957 National Championship when A) they weren't Auburn, they were Alabama Polytechnic B) They were bowl ineligible due to cheating (paying players, I guess history doesn't change) and C) Ohio State was the UPI coaches poll national champion and they weren't suspended by their conference like Alabama Polytechnic (Auburn).

In fact, it wasn't even granted university status until 1960.

So I guess what's good for the goose is good for the gander, right?

Last edited:
Not really. Auburn was ranked #1 in the AP poll that year. Unlike Alabama's 20th place finish in 1941.

Not really. Auburn was ranked #1 in the AP poll that year. Unlike Alabama's 20th place finish in 1941.

No, really. How can a team who isn't even bowl eligible claim the national title? That's ridiculous. Besides, it doesn't take away from the other facts.

But I guess using Auburn's logic OSU should have been eligible for the NC last year.

What does a bowl have to do with it? 1964 and 1973 Alabama was recognized as a national champion, then lost their bowl game.

Alabama has a great history of football. No one can deny that. But the claim of the 1941 championship is fanciful. Alabama does not need to pad their stats at this point.

What does a bowl have to do with it? 1964 and 1973 Alabama was recognized as a national champion, then lost their bowl game.

Alabama has a great history of football. No one can deny that. But the claim of the 1941 championship is fanciful. Alabama does not need to pad their stats at this point.

You're the one that brought up the 1941 bowl.

I never mentioned anything about a 1941 bowl. I don't even know who you played in that bowl game.

I only said something about the 1941 championship in response to the claimed 15 national championships. I could not argue with the fact that Bama has the most BCS championships or the most recognized (save Yale in the 1800's) national championships. But why they want to post 15 everywhere I will never know.

Last edited:
Substitute "bowl" for "national championship". It's the same premise. Regardless of the 1941 national championship whether it's 14 or 15 what difference does it make? It's far more than anyone else.

And I can't even believe you brought up Yale from the 1800's. I LOL'd. That was closer to rugby than modern football. (BTW, did you know American football was partially invented by a Yale rugby player?)

Substitute "bowl" for "national championship". It's the same premise. Regardless of the 1941 national championship whether it's 14 or 15 what difference does it make? It's far more than anyone else.

And I can't even believe you brought up Yale from the 1800's. I LOL'd. That was closer to rugby than modern football. (BTW, did you know American football was partially invented by a Yale rugby player?)

I wanted to give credit to Yale for something other than academics and crew races.

I did not know about the bold part

Alabama Polytechnic

LOL!

Is that like an 'Aggie"?

Last edited:
1. FSU played a joke of a schedule. The only conference worse than the ACC was the Big 10 but they blew all their opponents away. They are a very talented team with a vastly better defense than Auburn and are rightfully favored to win.

2. Their probable Heisman winning QB is a thug. Though not indicted, take a peek at the police report and judge for yourself. http://www.talgov.com/uploads/public/documents/assets/news/tpd-documents.pdf. Can't wait to hear his articulate Heisman Trophy acceptance speech. Should be a doosey based on his post game interviews. An interpreter might be needed.

3. Should be a good game. Go Auburn, Go SEC!

4. The best college football is played in the state of Alabama. No rational argument otherwise.

Last edited:
1. FSU played a joke of a schedule. The only conference worse than the ACC was the Big 10 but they blew all their opponents away. They are a very talented team with a vastly better defense than Auburn and are rightfully favored to win.

2. Their probable Heisman winning QB is a thug. Though not indicted, take a peek at the police report and judge for yourself. http://www.talgov.com/uploads/public/documents/assets/news/tpd-documents.pdf. Can't wait to hear his articulate Heisman Trophy acceptance speech. Should be a doosey based on his post game interviews. An interpreter might be needed.

4. The best college football is played in the state of Alabama. No rational argument otherwise.

OSU and FSU have had weak schedules. But, you cannot deny the talent on FSU. I think it will be a close game. I do not think that Auburn can just run the ball the whole game. They are going to have to get dynamic on offense and tough on the defense, especially since FSU's QB is a dual threat.
As much as I would like to see the title stay in the SEC, I don't like seeing Auburn win at anything!

A thug he may be but that popo report is exactly why he wasn't indicted. She couldn't remember anything that happened and after the alleged incident was stupid enough to get on a scooter with the guy who allegedly raped her. Please! The DA made the right call. As a juror I would have laughed her out of court.

Agreed, they couldn't get a conviction and made the right legal decision. Sounded like she was pretty wasted.

He's a thug. Can't wait for the entertaining Heisman acceptance speech tomorrow night. Maybe that sign language guy from Mandela's funeral is available to interpret his remarks for us:)

What about the 2005 national championship game? Anyone remember that game USC 55 and Oklahoma 19. Auburn was undefeated and got screwed over. We dominated our bowl that year and then USC gets the title stripped away from them by the NCAA. Im laying claim to that one personally. I still think that was one of our best teams ever.

What about the 2005 national championship game? Anyone remember that game USC 55 and Oklahoma 19. Auburn was undefeated and got screwed over. We dominated our bowl that year and then USC gets the title stripped away from them by the NCAA. Im laying claim to that one personally. I still think that was one of our best teams ever.

The Eufaula Tribune gave it to Auburn. I don't think that counts though.