• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Austin PD defunded?

bobke

Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Sep 17, 2010
    Hill Country, Texas
    Some unsubstantiated chatter out there and what appears to be a memo from Governor that $150M in funding has been pulled from Austin PD by City Council. Anyone have anything to bring further insight to this?

• Wow
    Reactions: Snuby642
    Next person to get assaulted and PD arrives late Austin will get sued and somehow the PD will get shit on for that too.

I’m not native, but after 50 years here, consider myself a naturalized Texan. And believe the larger population does not mimic the current mindset shown by this incredibly ill advised decision by their City Council. Governor ought to have a serious sit down with these folks and talk some sense into them before statistics prove this a very bad choice.

This is not a situation that needs to reach bottom before there is a resolution. Take the bull by the horns and fix it before it’s really broken.

Reactions: Jgunner
    I’m not native, but after 50 years here, consider myself a naturalized Texan. And believe the larger population does not mimic the current mindset shown by this incredibly ill advised decision by their City Council. Governor ought to have a serious sit down with these folks and talk some sense into them before statistics prove this a very bad choice.

Talk sense into liberals? Bwahahahahahaha

Liberal or not, this isn’t a situation where you don’t make the effort....throw everything you’ve got at it.

It's embarrassing the stupidity of people. No reason this shouldn't work out well...been a successful strategy in Portland! Oh wait...asshats

As a frequent visitor of the Great State of Texas...Travis County ain't exactly representative of Texas.

That said, Magnolia Cafe and Torchy's Tacos are awesome.

Fire Art Assholvedo......

Edit:

My bad....wrong Texas liberal shithole.

As a frequent visitor of the Great State of Texas...Travis County ain't exactly representative of Texas.

That said, Magnolia Cafe and Torchy's Tacos are awesome.
    THe Magnolia is great and try Curra's Grill on Oltorf.

I don't know if they still sell them, but as a kid I remember the bumper stickers folks would buy and display when they moved to Texas. "I'm not from Texas, but I got here as quick as I could". 😂😂😂

Just remember, "Everything is bigger in Texas, especially the assholes." 😂😂😂

And yes, my family is from/still lives in Texas.

Oh, and fuck Austin. It's worse than some cities in Southern California...

My ex-fiance's folks still live in Austin. Were out of city limits but it was annexed in a few years back.

Searching this AM for an FFL on the north side of the Austin metropolis o ship an extra M4 to her dad. (remember when ArmyJerry said buy extras while they are cheap?)
    He is 75, reasonably fit, and shot one for years, always qualifying expert.
    I dont think he will go out defending the block and will have a better hand at defending his home.

They are still some of my favorite people and the only ones I am close to who are not armed to the teeth with piles of ammo.

If anyone knows a good Austin FFL, I would love to get the name

This country has gone off the edge with these Libtards, Antifas, BLM. [ I have a BM every morning, I just leave the Lives out and drop them off at the pool.]

Now Denver City Council has a member named CedaBaca or some such shit like that, that is trying this de-fund Police and put out Social Workers instead.

The CANCER has metastasized and is spreading rapidly.

Buy more AMMO, if you can find it, and, "Get ready, cause here it comes."

This is not the Country I grew up in and worked all my life in. I never thought I would see these days.
    If they want to kick this thing off, I hope they do it soon while I am still physically able to do my part, as best I can, to fulfill an Oath I took many years ago to protect the Constitution of The United States of America against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC. FM

I didn't mention that I like to shoot long range. That gives Old Fars like me time to hobble away after bustin a cap or 6.

Do you think Austin would notice if the rest of Texas walled it off to prevent the spread of the highly infectious disease?
    Too late. Let's be clear in our understanding; its not about liberalism, its about attaining power through manipulation of facts and emotions at all levels. Austin was the first easy target. Acknowledging that gives visibility to what is actually going on.

Last edited:
    Guess the bats are not just under the bridge
    1EFCAE02-F339-495B-9597-753C7C3E43DE.png

Hi,

While the social pandering reasoning of this is complete BS...
    Does anyone think it really takes 442 MILLION dollars for a 2646 employee company to function?
    How much revenue does the Police Dept bring in with fines and auctions of seized items?
    Just as ALL .gov run institutions aka companies they are hemorrhaging/wasting money somewhere.

The "Defunding" of Police is turning out to be an extension of the "No duty to protect" ruling. Just that now it is transitioning to buildings and places instead of just people.

Did anyone think that Departments were just going to be allowed to keep the same budget ONCE this transitioned from people to property/buildings/etc?

Sincerely,
    Theis

Hi,

While the social pandering reasoning of this is complete BS...
    Does anyone think it really takes 442 MILLION dollars for a 2646 employee company to function?
    How much revenue does the Police Dept bring in with fines and auctions of seized items?
    Just as ALL .gov run institutions aka companies they are hemorrhaging/wasting money somewhere.

The "Defunding" of Police is turning out to be an extension of the "No duty to protect" ruling. Just that now it is transitioning to buildings and places instead of just people.

Did anyone think that Departments were just going to be allowed to keep the same budget ONCE this transitioned from people to property/buildings/etc?

Sincerely,
    Theis
    That equates to $167K per employee. Remove the PD officers salaries and you still are left with the benefits, admin, repairs, equipment replacement, jails, training, FUEL, lawsuits, probably funds into the retirement accounts, etc. That may not be too far off for a number like Austin.