• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Australian Gun Control Video

Re: Australian Gun Control Video

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tbird1960</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yes and their crime rate is up over 40 per cent since then.</div></div>

Where are you guys getting your statistics from? Because people keep saying that and yet...

http://www.ministerhomeaffairs.gov.au/Me...-Australia.aspx

as a point of reference, the homicide rate in the US is somewhere around 5.5 per 100k (vs 1.2 in the Australian report). I'd hate to make an arguments in favor of the 2nd amendment and then have all my ethos blown away when the opposing side points out that a central tenant is a myth.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ratbert</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tbird1960</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yes and their crime rate is up over 40 per cent since then.</div></div>

Where are you guys getting your statistics from? Because people keep saying that and yet...

http://www.ministerhomeaffairs.gov.au/Me...-Australia.aspx

as a point of reference, the homicide rate in the US is somewhere around 5.5 per 100k (vs 1.2 in the Australian report). I'd hate to make an arguments in favor of the 2nd amendment and then have all my ethos blown away when the opposing side points out that a central tenant is a myth.
</div></div>

Never trust government statistics.

I think it's that homicides are lower (which is to be expected based on population distributions and which areas you are actually comparing) and violent crime is way up.

The one I have a problem with is that statistic of "gun related deaths" are down with more gun control. Yeah no kidding, but those deaths include self defense shoots and for the most part the gun related murders are not down as much as the false metrics try to convince us.

Austalia had a 19% compliance with the grab.