• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Auto scroll to top

bmicek

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Aug 23, 2017
Kansas
Is there a setting I can change so when I click on a thread, then click back, it doesn’t just automatically go to the top again?

For example, I like to scroll through the sales page and click on things but it always takes me back to the top when I click to go back to the thread to view everything for sale. Especially when I’m 2-3 down the list and I gotta scroll back to find my spot.

I searched settings, did I miss it somewhere?

I browse on my phone in browser. Most of the time doing that type of looking I long press and open in new tab. Not exactly what you were looking for but may be a solution.

Just click on the post you want to read with the middle mouse button (scroll wheel). It will open in a new tab and you won't lose your spot on the main subforum you're looking through.

Just click on the post you want to read with the middle mouse button (scroll wheel). It will open in a new tab and you won't lose your spot on the main subforum you're looking through.
I’m on iPhone using the app

are you clicking on the back arrow in the top left corner of the page? My app (on my iphone) goes right back to where I was previously.
Yep I do the same, I use the arrow. There’s gotta be a setting somewhere but I can’t find it

Yep I do the same, I use the arrow. There’s gotta be a setting somewhere but I can’t find it

I'm using the app on Android and mine goes back to the top aswell. I've searched every settings menu I can find and no luck.

Mine does this as well, i sent a video of this happening to one of the moderators to see if they can find a way to fix this. Its so annoying

Reactions: dmitchell09
I've been wondering the same thing. I'm also using the App on an Iphone

Reactions: bmicek
I came here looking for answer to this issue. Scroll 20+ posts down a forum and click a post and when I hit back, it goes to the top again. Pretty annoying. I'm on the app in Android.

This little bug makes the BST forum almost unusable past 20-30 posts. You end up spending more time scrolling than enjoying the forum.

Reactions: Sig Marine
This little bug makes the BST forum almost unusable past 20-30 posts. You end up spending more time scrolling than enjoying the forum.
App version 0.15.9420.0 on Samsung phone no longer scrolls back to the top for me. It stays right where i was at.