• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Auto trickler cups

Mauser06

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Apr 28, 2020
NW Pennsylvania
Maybe a long shot.....

Does anyone make matched sets of cups for the auto trickler/120 setup?

By matching, I mean matched weight.

My thinking is, while I'm dumping a charge and moving the funnel or whatever....the 2nd cup could be getting charged.

Will it save much time? I don't know. Only takes 10 seconds or so to charge...but that'll add up per batch. Maybe.

Figured I'd ask.

Maybe a long shot.....

Does anyone make matched sets of cups for the auto trickler/120 setup?

By matching, I mean matched weight.

My thinking is, while I'm dumping a charge and moving the funnel or whatever....the 2nd cup could be getting charged.

Will it save much time? I don't know. Only takes 10 seconds or so to charge...but that'll add up per batch. Maybe.

Figured I'd ask.
Pretty easy to match it yourself with some sanding or drilling.

F Class John has a good video on it.

Thanx! I do follow John. Must have missed that one. Will try to find it.

I don't have 2 to weigh...I did consider it would be simple enough to remove some weight from the heavier cup and making them match. Just wasn't sure if it was feasible or if the difference would be too much.

If you get the Area 419 centering tray and cup, you pull, dump in the funnel and put it back very quickly. It takes as long to shuffle the second cup as it does to dump the first one into your funnel/case. I don't think having a second cup buys you much, if anything.

Reactions: 47guy
If you get the Area 419 centering tray and cup, you pull, dump in the funnel and put it back very quickly. It takes as long to shuffle the second cup as it does to dump the first one into your funnel/case. I don't think having a second cup buys you much, if anything.
This is spot on.
Add in the time to move the funnel and the next load is ready. A second cup is another chance for confusion and double charge.
Sometimes a process can be too fast and that's when things begin to go wrong.