• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Auto Trikler V4 Powder Hopper Mod

MarinePMI

Ban Cat Handler
Staff member
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
  • Jun 3, 2010
    San Diego, Ca
    So, let me start by saying; the older I get, the lazier I get when it comes to reloading.

As such, I hate emptying out the powder hopper to use another powder for a different cartridge. Since Adam offers spare powder hoppers for what is a fairly low price (like $20 or $40 a pop), I ordered 3 extra. On the older versions I had made a wooden stand that accepted the nozzle into a hole, that kept them upright and stable. The older version lids tended to stay on due to the o-ring used, but with the newer ones the lid just kind of lays on top and it's not secured in any way. As such, they can be knocked over and spill their contents, and there's no way to really make a stand to hold them (since the nozzle is flush with the bottom now). So I started thinking about a way to keep the lids on, in the event that I knocked one over on my reloading table. I discussed this with Adam, and he understood, and explained that they were designed to be emptied after each use due (fear of humidity getting to the powder), and that some of the suggestions I had (while good) were not really going to be considered for modification of the new hoppers. Which (again) I understood. But I live in the southwest, so humidity isn't really a problem here.

Initially I had considered just using some small screws in the base of the hopper, and running a large rubber band up and over the top, down to another screw on the other side of the hopper base.

Well today I was at Lowe's, picking up some parts for the bane of every homer owners' existence...the lawn irrigation system. Don't get me started, I hate that f'ing thing. Some sprinkler head or pipe is always getting snapped off, broken or clogged. But I digress.... :)

At any rate, as I was walking down the aisle, heading to the register, and an endcap display had some 3M picture hanging strip packs. The kind that allow you to velcro a picture to the wall, using these no mar "Command" adhesive strips. Bingo. A fastener that could be applied easily, and hold things tight. So, I picked some up, and after dealing with the sprinkler system, started playing around with those strips as well as some velcro cable wraps I had in the house. And here's what I came up with:

V4_2 (2).jpg

V4_1 (2).jpg

I'll cut off the stupid "velcro" marketing tags, but so far, I'm pretty happy with this simple mod. May even order a couple more hoppers, and just label the old Blanton's bourbon bags I use to cover the hoppers/powder from sunlight.

Anyways, I hopes this helps those of you who are like me, and like to have extra hoppers, pre-filled with their powders of choice.

Last edited:
    So, let me start by saying; the older I get, the lazier I get when it comes to reloading.

As such, I hate emptying out the powder hopper to use another powder for a different cartridge. Since Adam offers spare powder hoppers for what is a fairly low price (like $20 or $40 a pop), I ordered 3 extra. On the older versions I had made a wooden stand that accepted the nozzle into a hole, that kept them upright and stable. The older version lids tended to stay on due to the o-ring used, but with the newer ones the lid just kind of lays on top and it's not secured in any way. As such, they can be knocked over and spill their contents, and there's no way to really make a stand to hold them (since the nozzle is flush with the bottom now). So I started thinking about a way to keep the lids on, in the event that I knocked one over on my reloading table. I discussed this with Adam, and he understood, and explained that they were designed to be emptied after each use due (fear of humidity getting to the powder), and that some of the suggestions I had (while good) were not really going to be considered for modification of the new hoppers. Which (again) I understood. But I live in the southwest, so humidity isn't really a problem here.

Initially I had considered just using some small screws in the base of the hopper, and running a large rubber band up and over the top, down to another screw on the other side of the hopper base.

Well today I was at Lowe's, picking up some parts for the bane of every homer owners' existence...the lawn irrigation system. Don't get me started, I hate that f'ing thing. Some sprinkler head or pipe is always getting snapped off, broken or clogged. But I digress.... :)

At any rate, as I was walking down the aisle, heading to the register, and an endcap display had some 3M picture hanging strip packs. The kind that allow you to velcro a picture to the wall, using these no mar "Command" adhesive strips. Bingo. A fastener that could be applied easily, and hold things tight. So, I picked some up, and after dealing with the sprinkler system, started playing around with those strips as well as some velcro cable wraps I had in the house. And here's what I came up with:

View attachment 7865757

View attachment 7865758

I'll cut off the stupid "velcro" marketing tags, but so far, I'm pretty happy with this simple mod. May even order a couple more hoppers, and just label the old Blanton's bourbon bags I use to cover the hoppers/powder from sunlight.

Anyways, I hopes this helps those of you who are like me, and like to have extra hoppers, pre-filled with their powders of choice.
    I wonder if Dram Worx is making a hopper for the V4 yet, his hoppers are very nice with the pyrex glass and metal lids with a great O-ring seal. Those would be fucking awesome for the Autotrickler... JMO

Well, I just checked and don't see them listed on his website.. I would much rather have his version of hopper over Adam's though.. I really like the ones for my dillon..

I wonder if Dram Worx is making a hopper for the V4 yet, his hoppers are very nice with the pyrex glass and metal lids with a great O-ring seal. Those would be fucking awesome for the Autotrickler... JMO

the guy at dram worx is making them exclusively for unknown munitions I emailed them about it after I got my v4

Reactions: 6.5SH

the guy at dram worx is making them exclusively for unknown munitions I emailed them about it after I got my v4
    Thank you friend...

No problem I totally agree Dram Worx stuff is nice. I just can’t bring myself at the moment to spend the $99 dollars on it.

Reactions: Warpspeed
    No problem I totally agree Dram Worx stuff is nice. I just can’t bring myself at the moment to spend the $99 dollars on it.
    Yep, it is a little steep, I bought my Dillon ones for 40 a piece a while back.. Still would be nice though, im still waiting on my V4 to arrive, I was late to the party I'm afraid.