• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

AutoTrickler placement on loading bench

ST42

Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
Nov 11, 2007
WA
Hi All,
I am in the process of rebuilding my loading room. I have an order in for the ATv3, and while I am waiting for it to arrive, I started to think about the placement of the AT on my loading bench. I went with the FX scale, and knowing that it is a pretty precise instrument I started to wonder if having it located on the bench with my presses was a good idea?
So for those of you that are using the AT system, where, how, or what are you using to protect the scale from unnecessary movements or bumping on your loading bench? Are you using an independent bench or isolated station for the AT assembly?
I t looks like I’m at least 6 weeks out on mine before it may be delivered, so I have plenty of time plan.
If you have pics, please post them up, I’d love to see the Hide’s answers.
Thanks!

I have it on the same bench and when I crank a bullet into a case, if definitely moves the scale. If you can get another bench beside it, probably ideal but I dont have the room

Reactions: ST42
I keep my powder dispensers on a separate table, away from drafts, electronic interference, static, the moon, and gremlins.

I do it on the same coffee table on carpet but so long as you’re not jarring the press handle right as it’s trying to do the final trickle you’ll be just fine.

Generally I get my half pump in before the powder is done, rotate while it’s finishing and and the final seating handle stroke after it’s finished.

I keep my scales, electronic and balance beam, on a Craftsman roll-around tool cabinet. The wheels stay locked, and my Dillon doesn’t upset the scales anymore. Neither does the Co-Ax even when case-forming. None of the scales take vibrations without injury. Best to have a safe space for the scales🙄

Separate bench. My bench is sturdy yet it registers slight vibrations. Good equipment warrants a good setup. Otherwise you are wasting your money.;)
It throws a load so fast I don't have time to do anything else.
6 weeks of wait--the anticipation is gonna be painful but worth it.

I got really sick of my press slowing down the AT or causing it to overthrow. So I put this black bench on casters that also have feet that screw down to firmly lock it in place. Then put the press on that.
When I’m not reloading I can just move the press bench out of the way for more room.
Or just move it around for optimal placement in relation of where the press is to the trickler.

Attachments

• 84A0A03B-A7D3-4399-A741-ED37ED417057.jpeg
    84A0A03B-A7D3-4399-A741-ED37ED417057.jpeg
    427 KB · Views: 85
Reactions: 737shark and ST42
Thanks guys. I’ll be cutting the dado’s for my T Track today. Looks like I’ll be developing a stand-alone powder station.

I did some research and came across surface plate/ granite plate. Granite Plates are harder than steel, non magnetic, least responsive to temperature changes, practically maintenance free and won't corrode like steel. I bought mine on amazon and picked a grade B rating plate. There are expensive ones which are Grade A rating. A 12x18x3 inch dimension will work for A&D Scale and still have space for the trickler.

I have a piece of granite counter top that was a remnant. Big enough for my charge master and Fx120 to sit on comfortably and I have that sitting on 1” rubber vibration reduction feet for like a washing machine. All sitting on the same bench as my press. I’ve never noticed an issue

I thought I was going to have to go through a bunch of set up to get full performance. I got the stuff the day before I need to load in a hurry. I plunked it down on the bench, leveled it, calibrated it, and went to town. Zero problems. I don't run the press handle while charging cases. I charge them all and then seat bullets. It is so fast that I don't think I could even come close to keeping up seating bullets. Doing them one at a time makes the scale work very well without a lot of elaborate setup.

Reactions: 737shark