• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

AutoTrickler V4 with N565

Not N565 and not an Autotrickler v4, but I'm loading N570 on an Autotrickler v3 and it works fairly well. N570's kernels are so large that one kernel is about .08 grains. I use it on medium speed setting it works well. Only problem I have is every once in a while the v3 powder measure jams because a kernel of powder stops the cylinder from rotating.

The secret to the v4 is tilt. When you run the calibration cycle on the v4 the small tube flow rate should be around .2. The instruction manual says a min of .15 but I have found it runs better closer to or just over .2. If you are not at .2 then add tilt until you do. The other adjustments are easy after that. I have the shim kit and use the #3 shim with N565 and average about 10 seconds a throw.

Reactions: Dogtown
I'm using N550 - N570 with the V4 without any issues.

Like mentioned above, you'll want to tilt the unit for a little bit to get the small tube properly flowing before running Calibration. The large tube doesn't need this and will start flowing pretty quickly, but it can take 10 seconds or so with the unit tilted before you get steady flow. Doing that ahead of time, getting both tubes flowing consistently before running Calibration, will make the process quicker and more reliable from my experience.

Also running 570 through a V4. Calibrating to a little over .20 gr/S works well. I'm always messing around with the speed sliders Recently I have been running the large tube at minimum speed and the small tube at max speed. This drops loads in about as long as seating a round takes. If it over throws it's only 1 kernel which I remove by hand and toss back in the hopper.

The secret to the v4 is tilt. When you run the calibration cycle on the v4 the small tube flow rate should be around .2. The instruction manual says a min of .15 but I have found it runs better closer to or just over .2. If you are not at .2 then add tilt until you do. The other adjustments are easy after that. I have the shim kit and use the #3 shim with N565 and average about 10 seconds a throw.
Two questions.
Is the tilt of the V4 towards the back or towards the front while the scale itself is level?
Is the small tube flow rate set with the finish speed in the tuning menu?
Thanks,
Pat

Can you point me to these shims? I just got my atv4 and use n565 and I made my own shim from cards but figured I seen labeled shims would be awesome switching powder. I did just lower the legs on scale and had it running great but then I figured if I switch powder be easier to make shims. I'm roughly at .21 and get throws in 15 sec range

Search function works

Search function works
I appreciate it I found it. The search wasn't working for me because I used shims not spacer. Are you still using #3 for n565?

I appreciate it I found it. The search wasn't working for me because I used shims not spacer. Are you still using #3 for n565?
No, #2 with a little lean on the feet - move bubble level towards top a little. Best advice is to play with it. Run the calibration until you get small tube to .2 - .22 and then adjust settings. Don't be afraid to tinker with settings. Everything I run in mine can do 10 second throws or faster.

No, #2 with a little lean on the feet - move bubble level towards top a little. Best advice is to play with it. Run the calibration until you get small tube to .2 - .22 and then adjust settings. Don't be afraid to tinker with settings. Everything I run in mine can do 10 second throws or faster.
Awesome I appreciate the info!! Best I've done so far on 86 grains is 13 seconds most 15 seconds. So excited for spacers. I'm still learning all the settings