• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Aviation biofuels and biojet kerosene,

Hobo Hilton

Private
Minuteman
Jun 4, 2011
Pacific Northwest
Renewable jet fuel, also known as aviation biofuels and biojet kerosene, currently accounts for 0.1 percent of aviation fuel. Most biofuels are made from conventional feedstocks such as sugar cane, corn, and soybeans. HEFA biojet kerosene is also made from vegetable oils and waste oils.

• Haha
Reactions: armorpl8chikn
Growing fuel instead of food, idiots. The next stupid idea curtesy of the Canadian government and our embarrassment of a national airline
I predict failure.

All you gotta do is mount the fucking windmill to the jet......duhh

Reactions: mikeinfwa
Growing fuel instead of food, idiots. The next stupid idea curtesy of the Canadian government and our embarrassment of a national airline
I predict failure.
Can you imagine the extension cords reels that'll be in those things? It'd be almost like TOW missiles... only different.

(there MAY be a Ukrainian joke mixed in there somewhere)

• Love
Reactions: Im2bent
Renewable jet fuel, also known as aviation biofuels and biojet kerosene, currently accounts for 0.1 percent of aviation fuel. Most biofuels are made from conventional feedstocks such as sugar cane, corn, and soybeans. HEFA biojet kerosene is also made from vegetable oils and waste oils.

But we have too many corporate-owned farms who swindled families (who couldn't pay death/estate taxes) out of their lands....

And Bill Gates, the single largest owner of farmland in the USA...

So, were fucked.

Last edited:
Bio jet fuels is a BIG boondoggle. A perfect example, is the Red Rock Biofuels facility that was supposedly being developed in the tiny mountain town of Lakeview Oregon. A moderate amount of investor money, and a whole shit ton of Taxpayer (State AND Federal) in loans and grants (loans they can walk away from and grants they never have to pay back).
Now, after the plant has been partially built, the operators stopped all work, and said "We're out of money". Another injection of funds, and boom, gone again. Filed for bankruptcy. A scheme to float bonds failed. This is a common method used in Wind and Solar generation schemes.
While the plant was supposed to be running and producing millions of gallons of fuel, by 2020, the facility sits idle, unfinished, and deteriorating, without having produced a single gallon.
Other issues that arose, concerned placement of the plant which is immediately downwind of the Town, The remote location of the plant from rail and large highway (there is a County operated rail line to Alturas, which is plagued by derailments), and a circuitous route to the Bay area (end users) through otherwise semi-pristine and very fragile forests. Finally, the huge fires recently experienced in the region has severely impacted the source of slash and other logging material waste, which was supposed to supply the facility. Coupled with the fact that logging and mills in the area are in steep decline, this was doomed to planned (or at least Foreseeable) failure from the beginning.

Probably the closest thing to really green, really renewable fuel is the methane produced by the waste on Dairy farms.

Reality, if it burns, its gonna produce Co2. If it produces Co2, left leaning politicians are gonna cry and cry and cry and demand we all move into their glorious cities and drive totally green electric cars. (That have electricity generated by pixie dust)

Growing food rather than Co2 producing fuel. Are you serious? We don’t need to grow food, everyone knows perfectly good food is made in the back rooms at the supermarket.

If you believe the last paragraph, I have a bridge for sale in London, England. Good Price on the bridge.

Quoted from that article:

"Held aloft by four lithium-ion battery-powered prop motors — electric aviation has a lovely bit of vintage feel — with turbogenerator reserves, Heart claims the ES-30 will have an all-electric range of around 124 miles, which can be doubled using the hybrid engine and quadrupled if passengers are limited to 25 from its standard 30."

A range of 124 miles. For a commercial airliner.

In the Houston area, that would barely get you between Hobby and Intercontinental airports. God forbid the pilot encounters a situation that requires performing a go-around or diversion to another airport. And what about the turn-around time? Unless they designed this thing to have a fast battery swap, this plane is going to spend a lot of time on the ground re-charging.

This airplane makes no sense whatsoever except that leftist politicians want it.

Oh, one more thing: look up FAA regulations and safety restrictions for transporting lithium-ion batteries on commercial airliners. Now they want to power the airplane with an enormous lithium-ion battery pack? What could possibly go wrong...

Last edited:
If you believe the last paragraph, I have a bridge for sale in London, England. Good Price on the bridge.
See, the only thing is .........there's a bridge purchased from London in my town as a historical landmark 🤣😂🤣

So, there WAS one for sale at a good price... 😝

Screenshot_20220930-205131_Chrome.jpg

porsche has been dumping money in to alternative fuels for years

my gut says thats why they are getting into formula 1 in the next few years, audi and porsche both signed contracts

once they have a fuel that is more eco friendly there is no better proving ground and marketing than formula 1

Reactions: camotoe
We're going to ned to start eating a whole lot more French fries...

"Held aloft by four lithium-ion battery-powered prop motors — electric aviation has a lovely bit of vintage feel — with turbogenerator reserves, Heart claims the ES-30 will have an all-electric range of around 124 miles, which can be doubled using the hybrid engine and quadrupled if passengers are limited to 25 from its standard 30."

This airplane makes no sense whatsoever except that leftist politicians want it.
Kind a defeats the purpose of air travel.

Took forever to find a picture of what the thing looked like. Tech specks feature a bunch of pie in the sky projections of range.

Don't tell me it can go 200K or 300k or 10,000K,

Tell me real performance, Cruise speed, rate of climb, Range with 30 minute fuel (battery?) reserve. Service Ceiling was listed as 20,000 feet, but how long will it take to get there. At 2500 FPM that's 8 minutes. They also listed a 30 minute fast recharge time.

I suspect that the 30 minutes is just about as long as it can fly. Figuring (guessing) a 250 knot cruise, which is the speed limit below 10,000 that is about 30 minutes of flying.

As I said, kind a defeats the purpose of air travel. But then, I am old school, getting there is half the fun. Sitting on the tarmac, waiting for a battery charge, is not getting there.

Reactions: Maciej and rhsc

In the Houston area, that would barely get you between Hobby and Intercontinental airports. God forbid the pilot encounters a situation that requires performing a go-around or diversion to another airport. And what about the turn-around time? Unless they designed this thing to have a fast battery swap, this plane is going to spend a lot of time on the ground re-charging.

Oh, one more thing: look up FAA regulations and safety restrictions for transporting lithium-ion batteries on commercial airliners. Now they want to power the airplane with an enormous lithium-ion battery pack? What could possibly go wrong...
Hmmm lets see...drive to airport and park. Wait for shuttle. Get through security. Wait to board plane. Land at destination. Get shuttle to car rental agency. Wait for rental car. OR I just drive the 120 miles and have my own car. Don't forget the battery fires they had with the Lithium batteries they adopted to save weight.

Reactions: Maciej

So if they have to deice the wings or run the heater/ac range will be what, 90 miles? Everybody involved in the project needs to be hung from the nearest lamp post for fraud or criminal stupidity.

Hmmm lets see...drive to airport and park. Wait for shuttle. Get through security. Wait to board plane. Land at destination. Get shuttle to car rental agency. Wait for rental car. OR I just drive the 120 miles and have my own car. Don't forget the battery fires they had with the Lithium batteries they adopted to save weight.

Or drive to your hangar, pull your plane out, and make the trip in 40min.

Will your, then, required electric car go 120 miles?

Reactions: camocorvette
Kind a defeats the purpose of air travel.

Took forever to find a picture of what the thing looked like. Tech specks feature a bunch of pie in the sky projections of range.

Don't tell me it can go 200K or 300k or 10,000K,

Tell me real performance, Cruise speed, rate of climb, Range with 30 minute fuel (battery?) reserve. Service Ceiling was listed as 20,000 feet, but how long will it take to get there. At 2500 FPM that's 8 minutes. They also listed a 30 minute fast recharge time.

I suspect that the 30 minutes is just about as long as it can fly. Figuring (guessing) a 250 knot cruise, which is the speed limit below 10,000 that is about 30 minutes of flying.

As I said, kind a defeats the purpose of air travel. But then, I am old school, getting there is half the fun. Sitting on the tarmac, waiting for a battery charge, is not getting there.
Regional and commuter flights. Ie, flights that are already short. It takes more than 30 minutes to turn around a plane at the gate as it is. Charge the plane while you are unloading/loading luggage, boarding the passengers, and waiting on that one guy that is always late to the gate. The question I have is, how do these batteries fare in the Canadian winter? But, the plane in question is not an all electric EV, it is a hybrid.

There are areas where EV/hybrid vehicle technology can work. Metro commuters, for example. I'm not convinced air travel is a good bet for EV tech, but I'm not going to write it off as impossible.

Reactions: Dead Eye Dick
My 2500xl yukon with the 8.1L engine will easily make it 120 miles and it will only use 8.5 gallons (sob). Suck it environmentalists. But to answer your question a lot of ev vehicles have that range.