• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Aw mags

And I dont mind to have a smith do the work, if he can make it reliable. I'm hearing alot from people with other setups. No one has an mpa and vector running AWs?

I find that more worrying than anything.

I’m currently running the MPA Matrix chassis with my Vector. The MPA’s now come with their adjustable mag latch, so I did have to RAISE it slightly from the bottom most position.

Ran it in 2 matches so far and have a PRS match this weekend in AZ I’ll be running it in. So far no issues but will provide an update if anything comes up.

I am also a satisfied Vector user with AW mags.

I run mine in an MPA chassis which made it easy to set up with the adjustable mag catch and insert to prevent AICS mags from binding.

Now, In regards to AW mags in general, I use
As you know the Vector is a 3 lug action so it works a bit better.

Keep in mind that not all three lug actions are cut from the same cloth, so it’s still hit or miss if the action/mag will require tweaking, Vector included.

While a Curtis three lug allows for a reduced bolt throw, it is not the same as an AI three lug (which is actually six). When a Curtis bolt is open, the “third lug” is at twelve o’clock...thus the bottom of the open bolt is no different than a 700 clone. Most three lug actions provide no additional positive round stripping ability over a two lug. This is 180deg from how the AI bolt operates.

Unlock an AI, and the “third lug” is at six o’clock. Positive round stripping ability. This inverted design also allows the extractor to be positioned at three o’clock when the bolt is unlocked, providing the 90 deg. , perfect horizontal ejection of brass.

Other three lug (and two lug with Sako style extractor) actions require the extractor to be at a 45 deg angle, sometimes causing brass to contact windage knobs...depending on how the claw is shaped and the position of ejector in the bolt face.

The GA Tempest also uses this inverted lug design, and is as close as it comes to cloning the AI bolt. I’m sure this allows for trouble free use of AW mags as mentioned above.

Thanks guys I appreciate all the help. Now to clarify are no other options besides Accuracy International for double stack double feed mags? I'm not sure why but that just seems so unbelievable to me.

I guess it's probably because I know that show many companies make AR 10/15 mags for 308/ various other Chambers. Seems like there really is a void in the market. Anyone want to get rich?

@Covertnoob5

What is your rig chambered in?

What Chambers have you ran with the vector?

Thanks for the info

Last season (2019) I ran 6BR exclusively for matches. HRD spacer kit and no issues. HEAVEN FORBID I should be the guy to have both a 6BR AND AWs run great in my rig :rolleyes:
2018 I ran 308 and 6.5 creed. And for hunting I still run 6.5 PRC.

This means they are pretty loose and if you slam it hard enough in a different rifle, they will squirt out the top of the mag and foul the action.
This can happen with Magpul AICS pattern magazines too. Glad I wasn’t yet on the clock, and that I had a spare loaded mag, but still frustrating.

Used anything you like better than the vector?

I’ve used a few actions. TL3, Lone Peak, Impact, AI AXMC, Desert Tech, savage, etc. I wouldn’t say there is one I like better than the Vector or I’d be shooting it. I’m not saying the Vector is the best, but it’s the best FOR ME.
Honestly I prefer a 60* throw, AW mags, and most of all the set screws. I change barrels at the range and at home quite often. I have no room to mount a barrel vice. Plus with the new .22 conversion kit coming, I got everything I need.

I do think the Fuzion and impact are outstanding actions and if I went to something else it would be one of those 2.

FWIW my shooting buddy runs a Fuzion in an ACC and his runs my AW mags great. At the range at least.