• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors AWC PSR Muzzle Brake Suppressor Compatibility

AlphaThree

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Oct 15, 2020
CE4F0BAD-67B4-4E50-AFF1-6AE5139B7C2A.jpeg
I have a AWC brake and would like to find a way to use my 1.375x24 threaded suppressors with it. Does anyone make a 1.375x24 adapter for use with the AWC PSR brake? It seems like there is ample room. Any opinions or experiences would be appreciated

Are you limited to the AWC brake?

Lots of different mounting/muzzle device options for the 1-3/8x24 thread. Why limit yourself to AWC brakes, unless you already are invested in a bunch of them?

All of my suppressors use either the Plan B mount or TBAC CB mount. I just like the concept of the AWC and the 1.375x24 fits over it. With an adapter It seems that it would work great

Gotcha.

Can't say I'm aware of any. AWC doesn't seem that popular, so I imagine the support for such a system is low.

I also use the Plan B system (with Rearden MFG mounts and adapters). Perhaps someone else knows of an adapter you can use.

Whats the external thread pattern of the brake?

1.375-24 is like an industry standard now, there are tons of adapters for such.

And if you can't find one; Nick at ECCO Machine has probably seen your dilemma, and has a solution.

Whats the external thread pattern of the brake?

1.375-24 is like an industry standard now, there are tons of adapters for such.

And if you can't find one; Nick at ECCO Machine has probably seen your dilemma, and has a solution.
I don’t know the external thread pattern. How could I measure that? I don’t see it specified anywhere on their website.

Nick brought my SDN6 back to life. I sent him an email. I doubt he has something off the shelf but maybe he can spin one up

I don’t know the external thread pattern. How could I measure that? I don’t see it specified anywhere on their website.

Nick brought my SDN6 back to life. I sent him an email. I doubt he has something off the shelf but maybe he can spin one up
Thread gauges would be the easiest. Or, you could measure the major (outside point of the male thread), then you would have a diameter. Could guess at TPI by measuring what you have for threaded length, and counting the threads within the measured length. Then try common nuts. Im surprised they don't list the spec of the thread protector.

Nick is a wizard, and an amazing machinist. If he's seen the issue before, he's got the spec somewhere.