• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

AWC Rifle Info?

ayf

Private
Minuteman
Jun 30, 2004
Texas
Anyone had any experience with rifles built by AWC out of Phoenix? I have a customer's rifle on consignment, and wondered if anyone here has any input on the rifle. It is a .300 Win Mag, with the original test target, and the catalog where it is pictured. Called a Model 93 "Landlord", it is built on a Remington action, and looks like a McMillan stock. This rifle was built in 1994 or 1995; I can't recall the date on the test target right now.
I don't keep up with the suppressor scene, but the catalog seemed to indicate that cans were their primary business. This rifle is threaded for one, but has their proprietary muzzle break on it.
I'll try to take some pics of it later.
Thanks in advance for any comments!
Allan

Re: AWC Rifle Info?

i have shot a few of the rifles they built.take down stocked and a bullpup design. they were as good as the driver driving them. they shot well. this was late 90's

I had a AWC M92 Elite .308 and and it was a great rifle, as far as shooting it shot .3-.4 easily using federal match ammo and would have done better with some load development,and someone else shooting it that can see .I would definately buy another if the price was right and I was in a position to .

Had a lefty AWC landlord about 10 years ago. It was a hammer all OD green in an A2. They are sweet rifles. How much is it consigned for?

My build sheet was 3k or more if I remember correctly.

I picked this one up on a trade. I dont know what AWC model it was but probably a landlord as well. It is a trued 700 with badger knob,.250 recoil lug, 1.25 ss 4 groove Kreiger 1:11 cut at 20" threaded and with the Hyperdyne II (AWC Muzzlebreak). Also has a nicely done thread protector.

It was coated with something as well but I removed the coating and polished the barrel as there were some worn spots in the finish. It was probably taken out of the A5 it was in originally and dropped in the AICS. I put a CG Jackson mod 22 on it recently and it is also a shooter. I routinely dip into the high .2's with 175 smk's 43.6 gr RL15 in LC Match brass with Winchester primers COAL 2.800

They are very nice rifles and I wish I had not sold the lefty I had prior to this one.

Sorry for the shitty pic

Thanks for the info; I'll try to get some pics and more specifics on it soon.
Allan

Gonna try to post a a pic or two.
210y5y0.jpg

345erde.jpg

Impact Guns had them listed on their site within the last year but not currently. Yes supressors were their primary business and they did make a take down model. Cant add much more than that.