• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Awesome pic - Bald eagle

ArcticLight

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 27, 2003
Silverdale, WA
Largest (war) ship in America came in today...Guided by our national bird.

No opsec flag, this is a public photo.

408934_10150466957058053_91016063052_8737439_991641657_n.jpg

Re: Awesome pic - Bald eagle

That is pretty tight! The bald eagle is definitely a fitting symbol of freedom and the national bird of America. Can you believe, Benjamin Franklin wanted the turkey to be the national bird?! LoL

I think I saw that on the news. Is that the one relocating from San Diego. The one I saw had all the sailors cars on the deck

Looks right at home there, doesnt he.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KillShot</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Can you believe, Benjamin Franklin wanted the turkey to be the national bird?! LoL </div></div>

I dunno, I bet Eagle tastes alright...

Cool pic Artic!

That is the Ronald Reagan. Left Coronado on Friday. Sure is a big ship. Didn't get a chance to get on board before it left.

Sometimes I miss the Puget Sound. Great pics Arctic, thanks for sharing.

Arcticlight, were you in 6ID(L)? I was in Fairbanks from 1990- 1993 in the 6th.

Truly awesome picture. Had no idea bald eagles were in San Diego.
Thanks for sharing!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JSTARSZ</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Arcticlight, were you in 6ID(L)? I was in Fairbanks from 1990- 1993 in the 6th. </div></div>

86-90

5th Bn 9th Inf Reg/ 6th ID...Left in Jan 90...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ArcticLight</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JSTARSZ</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Arcticlight, were you in 6ID(L)? I was in Fairbanks from 1990- 1993 in the 6th. </div></div>

86-90
5th Bn 9th Inf Reg/ 6th ID...Left in Jan 90...</div></div> ah yes, the 4/9 and 5/9 Inf Regiment twins in Fairbanks - the Manchus if I remember correctly. I was in Fairbanks for 18 months and then moved to Anchorage to go into the 106th MI for 18 months so I got to see a large part of Alaska. I figured with the name Arctic Light that had to be the case. Nice to see a fellow 6ID(L) guy around.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 450 NE</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Truly awesome picture. Had no idea bald eagles were in San Diego.
Thanks for sharing! </div></div>

The pic was taken in Bremerton - we have a LOT of Bald Eagles
smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JSTARSZ</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> ah yes, the 4/9 and 5/9 Inf Regiment twins in Fairbanks - the Manchus if I remember correctly. I was in Fairbanks for 18 months and then moved to Anchorage to go into the 106th MI for 18 months so I got to see a large part of Alaska. I figured with the name Arctic Light that had to be the case. Nice to see a fellow 6ID(L) guy around. </div></div>

Yup, a Manchu!

Had some good times up there, and some bad times - amazing how one or two corrupt individuals can change your mind about a military career...

opening.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ArcticLight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Beautiful eh?

376973_10150466956268053_91016063052_8737436_159728904_n.jpg
</div></div>I cant wait for the day the USA can send ships into our ports again and especially one like this - the whole town would come and see .Sadly some liberal left wing wankdog would protest and try to board her and would have to be shot bohooo
I remember as a boy leading ships and subs into port as my father commanded the point ship through the hippies
A grand bird without a doubt and with my nikon 600mm f4 lens~ah but I boast .

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Truckman11</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I think I saw that on the news. Is that the one relocating from San Diego. The one I saw had all the sailors cars on the deck </div></div>

It's only up here for a year while getting routine maintenance.

One of our frigates with a beaver swimming alongside just doesn't seem to set the mood like this...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ch'e</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I cant wait for the day the USA can send ships into our ports again and especially one like this - the whole town would come and see .Sadly some liberal left wing wankdog would protest and try to board her and would have to be shot bohooo
I remember as a boy leading ships and subs into port as my father commanded the point ship through the hippies
A grand bird without a doubt and with my nikon 600mm f4 lens~ah but I boast . </div></div>

You can, just go to the ferry dock - they announced in way in advance...:)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ArcticLight</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ch'e</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I cant wait for the day the USA can send ships into our ports again and especially one like this - the whole town would come and see .Sadly some liberal left wing wankdog would protest and try to board her and would have to be shot bohooo
A grand bird without a doubt and with my nikon 600mm f4 lens~ah but I boast . </div></div>

You can, just go to the ferry dock - they announced in way in advance...:) </div></div>you lost me there Arcticlight ?

That's sick. Saw a bunch of those beauties up in AK, incredible birds

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ch'e</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ArcticLight</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ch'e</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I cant wait for the day the USA can send ships into our ports again and especially one like this - the whole town would come and see .Sadly some liberal left wing wankdog would protest and try to board her and would have to be shot bohooo

You can, just go to the ferry dock - they announced in way in advance...:) </div></div>you lost me there Arcticlight ? </div></div>

Oops just realized you are in New Zealand - sorry!
smile.gif

And, since I work for the company here in WA that does the ship repair and maintainence on all of these navy ships, hre is a pic of one of the projects we are working on as of right now. These are two of the anchors that are in our Seattle yard for blasting and repainting. They are sitting on the back of our KMAG... Soon to come is 12 lengths of anchor chain.....

2QRRG.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: StanwoodSpartan</div><div class="ubbcode-body">And, since I work for the company here in WA that does the ship repair and maintainence on all of these navy ships, hre is a pic of one of the projects we are working on as of right now. These are two of the anchors that are in our Seattle yard for blasting and repainting. They are sitting on the back of our KMAG... Soon to come is 12 lengths of anchor chain.....

2QRRG.jpg

</div></div>
They can sure suck the air out of those tires huh?