• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

AX AICS Stock Question

D.O.A.F.S.

Private
Minuteman
Jun 19, 2011
Well I wanted to upgrade the stock on my Remington 700 LTR for various reasons and purchased an AX AICS stock from Midway. When it arrived I opened the box to find, the sealed plastic bag the stock was in had been cut open, all the hardware was in a ziplock bag, and the forend rail was hanging out of its box with scratches. The stock also had marks in the mag well from what looked like it had mags in and out of it. I called Midway and exsplained everything to them, they were VERY nice on the phone and told me if I wanted to send it back, they would promptly send me another, which is what I did. Well I recieved the replacement today and WTF it's the same. Not the same stock for sure, but everything cut open and the forarm again has damage. Everything is cosmetic and not function related, it just pisses me off that I laid this kind of money out and this is what I have, I thought I bought a NEW not a nice USED or display stock. Has anyone else purchased one of these, how did your's arrived? I just can't imagine Accuracy International ships these out packaged this way.

Re: AX AICS Stock Question

I recently got a AX chassis from Euro Optics, the forearm was in its box with no marks or damage. All the other bags were unopened & intact. Sorry to hear about your problem. I did have a WTF moment looking for the magazine, but found it tucked away.

The ziploc bag is AI, I had one with the forearm in the box and one that the forearm had come out part way but not enough for damage. I think the forearm was in a bubble sleeve if I recall. don't remember if the stock itself was in a sealed plastic bag or not, sorry.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mooner</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> I did have a WTF moment looking for the magazine, but found it tucked away.</div></div>

LOL, me too, who'd have thought it'd fit in the forearm box!
smile.gif

THat blows! Who paid for Return shipping to Midway? +1 on Euro Optics!!! Got a hell of a deal when I bought a NF scope and AX chassis from them...... Oh yea, BTW it was all sealed. Nothing was finger fu*ked!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: D.O.A.F.S.</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Well I wanted to upgrade the stock on my Remington 700 LTR for various reasons and purchased an AX AICS stock from Midway. When it arrived I opened the box to find, the sealed plastic bag the stock was in had been cut open, all the hardware was in a ziplock bag, and the forend rail was hanging out of its box with scratches. The stock also had marks in the mag well from what looked like it had mags in and out of it. I called Midway and exsplained everything to them, they were VERY nice on the phone and told me if I wanted to send it back, they would promptly send me another, which is what I did. Well I recieved the replacement today and WTF it's the same. Not the same stock for sure, but everything cut open and the forarm again has damage. Everything is cosmetic and not function related, it just pisses me off that I laid this kind of money out and this is what I have, I thought I bought a NEW not a nice USED or display stock. Has anyone else purchased one of these, how did your's arrived? I just can't imagine Accuracy International ships these out packaged this way. </div></div>

We sent a PM to DOAFS but this seems to need to be played out in this forum. We supply the AI products to MidWay USA which is a great company and supporter of our 2nd amendment rights.We open and inspect every chassis we sell to make sure they are correct.
Anyone should feel to call us about a problem.
We will be happy to pay the shipping and send one that hasn't been finger fu*ked as Mr Jackalope33B called it.
Thank You
Randy Pennington

Is your build going to be entered in the AKC's best of show? If all the parts are there and functional, who cares??

Even a mauled AX chassis is going to set you back a retarded amount of money.

Thanks for the PM Randy I'll give a call tommarrow, I work 3rd shift and am getting ready to head into work early. MrButterpants you are absolutely rite, my main concern is function and that was why I sent the first one back. With everything being opened, the marks in the mag well and so forth I thought maybe someone had it, started to assemble their rifle and then found an issue. It seemed suspect. This will not sit in my safe, it has been, and will continue with the new stock, to get alot of use so the cosmetic stuff really doesn't bother me. It just doesn't seem rite to recieve a NEW product regardless of price, or intended use with sealed packageing cut open and with cosmetic damage not once but twice. I'll call Mile High tommarrow and if the packaging is normal due to them inspecting before shipping I'm good, I agree with Randy, I've delt with Midway for years with ZERO problems or complaints.

I just got off the phone with the GREAT folks at Mile High, they exsplained as Randy had stated in his post,they open the bags and inspect every chassis they sell to ensure customer satisfaction. With this information I have ZERO concerns and am looking forward to installing the stock this weekend. THANKS Again Mile High!

FYI, we will be investigating this as well. It is our responsibility to make sure everything leaves the factory in excellent condition and is packed in a manner that it will not get damaged. We make sure the packing is fit for purpose but we do not waste money making the box look pretty, that the customer ends up paying for.
It is also our responsibility to make sure that by the time it get to you, the customer, it is in good condition because, guess who ends up with it if something is wrong.
You can be reassured we will investigate because we do not want this.

Tom Irwin
Accuracy International

No Shit! Someone from AI chiming in about an Issue with the packaging on their products.. Thats what I call customer service!! Makes me feel alot better "IF" I ever have an issue with my AX Stock knowing the company will be all about customer service..
Thanks Tom!!!

BTW, are you guys coming out with a Butt Spike for the AX Chassis?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tomirwin</div><div class="ubbcode-body">FYI, we will be investigating this as well. It is our responsibility to make sure everything leaves the factory in excellent condition and is packed in a manner that it will not get damaged. We make sure the packing is fit for purpose but we do not waste money making the box look pretty, that the customer ends up paying for.
It is also our responsibility to make sure that by the time it get to you, the customer, it is in good condition because, guess who ends up with it if something is wrong.
You can be reassured we will investigate because we do not want this.

Tom Irwin
Accuracy International
</div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mooner</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I recently got a AX chassis from Euro Optics, the forearm was in its box with no marks or damage. All the other bags were unopened & intact. </div></div>

+1 and it was cheaper from euro with better service. IMHO

I was able to install the stock today, and all I can say is this was some of the best money I have ever spent. ALL my concerns early on were put to rest by Mile High, and I declined their generous offer to exchange anything that did not meet my exspectations. At the end of the day, the marks on the rail are minimal and not a concern. I was surprised and impressed as well at someone from AI responding, truely first class. I was going to, and eventualy will, post a picture of the complete rifle but I need to pick up a higher set of rings to mount my scope to finish.

I can say I have ordered a few things AI related from Mile High and they are an outstanding group to deal with and I have nothing but positive things to say about them. Thats one of the great things about this website / forum. Beside my action and barrel every other part or shooting acesory came from a Hide Vendor.