• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes AX USO Ring Height

MdrnBR

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 9, 2010
Parkville, MO
Looking for Seekins ring height for an AI AX, 591, USO 3.5-17. I want to get it as close as I can with Butler caps but don't want to order three sets to figure it out. Thanks

I guess you are SOL on this one, maybe someone will come along that can help you out. Did you check their website? When I bought my XLR they had a formula on their website to figure your ring height.

I went with the LaRue LT120 VZF. I know it will work but was looking for something a little lower. Better safe than out an extra $200.

I went with the LaRue LT120 VZF. I know it will work but was looking for something a little lower. Better safe than out an extra $200.

That might/should work. I have a LT111 (not on a an AX) with that same scope. The only issue I could foresee is that the bolt handle might hit the rear scope housing depending on where you have it on the rail to accommodate your eye relief. I use my scope with scope caps on an bighorn action and a Remington action with a KRG bolt lift and with the 1.5 base height of the Larue 111 I have enough space between the two but I am not sure I could go lower and not run into issues.

image.jpg

Last edited:
LT120 worked out perfect. It is a little closer with the ard but still gtg. Bolt clearance is sufficient; thanks for the replies.