• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

ax338 wih 20moa rail. What mount

s2jesse

Private
Minuteman
Ok bit the bullet and orderd the ax338. I have a 5x25 pmii for it already. On my aw i used a milled out 28moa ai mount which worked great.

For the AX im looking at a Spuhr 20 moa. Will this allow me to 0 at 100?

I saw there was a group buy as well
smile.gif
but dont want to wait. Anyone know where to buy in stock asap?

Thanks
Jesse

Re: ax338 wih 20moa rail. What mount

TNVC.com has these. I would use a 20 moa. That's the set up on my AX338!

With whom did you place your order for the AX, if you don't mind my asking?

Bigjoe is running a group buy for them, and last i check the price was still better shipped than tnvc.

Small world. I <span style="font-style: italic">just</span> bought my AWSM .338 from Mile High. Great folk.

Did you get an estimate on the delivery time ?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DesertHK</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Did you get an estimate on the delivery time ? </div></div>

If i didnt have to wait my 10 day here in california they would over night it if i wanted
smile.gif
Im sure it will only be a couple days for them to ship to my ffl. Last one i ordered from them took a couple days.

Im pretty sure they have a few more. They had 5 in stock along with a few classic aw's awsm etc.

Jesse

Jesse

If you 5-25 is a Mil-mil scope it will work with a 20 MOA mount on your 20 moa rail. You should order the SP4602.
If your 5-25 is a moa scope there is much less elevation and you should setttle with 20 moa totally.
Then you should order the SP4002 that has no tilt built in.
Both solutions will give you 0 at hundred.

Håkan

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: fastford</div><div class="ubbcode-body">with the 5x25 the 44moa should still give you a 100 yard 0 </div></div>For sure. It should be noted though that at that zero, you'll have a ton of shadowing in the upper portion of the scope. I elected to go with a 20.4 moa mount for this reason, but my application was an AX in .308, and I shoot at 100 more than I'd like.

As an aside, the AX has a 0 moa pic rail, unless they changed the specs. Yes?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bm11</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
As an aside, the AX has a 0 moa pic rail, unless they changed the specs. Yes? </div></div>

My AX rifle has an 0 MOA rail but I have read somewhere that AI is going to offer other cants, than 0 MOA, as an option.

The AX 7.62 (.308's) are coming with the 0moa Pic base installed just like the currently AW series. The AX .338's are coming in currently with the 20moa Pic base and Full length forend tube top rail.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Stacey</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The AX 7.62 (.308's) are coming with the 0moa Pic base installed just like the currently AW series. The AX .338's are coming in currently with the 20moa Pic base and Full length forend tube top rail. </div></div>Good to know then, thanks Stacey.

surely a parallel mount?

you can zero at 100 easily using the mildots.

Welcome and yes they are all coplanar, parallel, in-line, just depends on how you want to say it, LOL.