• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Axial Precision Rifles?

Potss

Minuteman
Feb 16, 2017
These folks are making some interesting claims about their rifles here with a video description here. Basically seems like their claim is that if bore, action, and stock are aligned to the greatest degree possible, accuracy and consistency increases. Claiming benchrest accuracy as a result. The only thing that looks different from what anyone else is doing is the way in which the barrel attaches to the action.

Anyone have any experience with these guys, or thoughts on the design?

Last edited:
Surprised at zero responses, they only been around a year or so I believe. Anyone?

Well, it doesn't sound like they're just making up bullshit. I would have to agree with their assessment on both mating parts, and their function in harsh conditions. That said, what they're claiming to do well is precisely what we're paying for in a custom rifle, and I expect that when I plunk down my $4K+ I'm getting everything aligned to the .001th at least. Now, we know that's not the case for some people who try to charge for that, but a great many accomplish it. It they didn't the rifles wouldn't shoot a half minute.

Rex was not a good choice. His reviews are simply too long to hold any normal person's attention. I just can't listen to him drone on, and on, and on, and on, and on....., and on, and on, and on, and on...., and on.

Reactions: hrod
Yea.....and his accuracy review of the Axial rifle left me with several questions concerning the accuracy/authenticity of the review.

Yea.....and his accuracy review of the Axial rifle left me with several questions concerning the accuracy/authenticity of the review.
You have the patience of a sphinx. I can sit still and silent for hours if I'm waiting to kill something. I can't sit through a Rex review.

As someone said on the Hide, "He talks more than a woman." (sorry, lost the attribution)

likewise, im always skeptical of a review that has "consistent" groups that are smaller than the ammo manufacturers accuracy dispersion standards.
if every 5 round group that i have seen in a gun mag was true and consistent there would not be a custom gun on the benchrest firing line

Reactions: hrod
Those are some good points Fig. If you are paying $4k+ I'd imagine you would be getting everything aligned properly by the smith. Maybe if they were charging less it would be disruptive, but not at that price.

Their claim that threads are a poor method of alignment is taken care of by the gunsmith in that price range. And having a barrel spun up with a shoulder and/or nut would also help in this regard I assume.

The other claim that because of their bolt/lug design they get benchrest tolerances but with dirt/particle resistance is interesting. But I believe BAT with their TR action, Kelbly with their Black Bear Tactical action, and Borden with their Alpine all claim the same or similar, and those are from real BR action companies?

And I agree rex is impossible to sit through.