• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Axmc single shot follower

Geno C.

Dirty Carnie
Minuteman
  • Oct 24, 2007
    Wautoma, WI
    So I had a member @Nik H say he wanted a single shot follower for a axmc. Apperntly, they don’t offer one. I mocked one up out of wood and got it about how I wanted and decided to make one out of aluminum. I’ll ship it off and see how well it works. A little rough on the finish but you’ll get the idea.
    7FB362DF-71DA-4F39-BF9B-6D7BE403621E.jpeg
    E1FADE30-7EB4-4812-A10D-CD2F112361A0.jpeg
    C66AEDA6-E81E-4414-AD83-7671C5B997B2.jpeg
    CBCC6CED-7059-4391-80DC-B4E643EEF372.jpeg
    9C64A16D-98D1-4161-883E-61F836A600B6.jpeg
    3D67B0D3-508C-470C-A350-0F73AF51148B.jpeg
    8D087C36-5A74-48F7-8676-E23280E7BC29.jpeg
    B74A9207-755E-4ED8-8DC1-FFDDBABC459D.jpeg

This is great! Are you looking into making these? If so is this going to be an insert for the magazine or a magazine replacement

I don’t really plan on making them. Mostly posted here for other guys looking to make one or have one made. It’s to insert into the top of the mag; so when the bolt goes over the front of it, it’s pushed down and out of the way. It’s set up to have the point of the bullet more towards the center of the chamber to allow the best feeding.

What timing. I spent the morning trying to find a bobsled or the like for an AXMC. Was about to post a new thread then saw this one. I would definitely be in for one if someone is gauging demand.

I single feed my .338 Lapua. Can't stand having to reach in and push the follower down almost every time to be able to push the bolt forward. I like the idea of the mag follower since my rounds don't fit in the mag anyway.

Put your factory mag in empty, bolt back. Ram the bolt forward by hitting it with the palm of your hand. It will take a small chip off the corner of the follower and Bob's your uncle. Does no damage to anything. Here's what the follower will look like afterwards when you do it. You will then be able to single feed.

20200521_201456.jpg

Put your factory mag in empty, bolt back. Ram the bolt forward by hitting it with the palm of your hand. It will take a small chip off the corner of the follower and Bob's your uncle. Does no damage to anything. Here's what the follower will look like afterwards when you do it. You will then be able to single feed.

View attachment 7333313
    But it’s not shiny 😝

It really doesn't contact much of the follower. Out comes the dremel.

LMAO

Single round feeding without a sled is a pain in the ass. A couple of companies out there offer sleds that replace the magazine but neither of them offer a sled for the AXMC. I checked. Mentioned it to the genius @Geno C. and voila problem solved
    Does someone make a single shot sled for an AW?

I know who could probably make this: @samb300
    Anarchy Outdoors sells a really nice single shot sled for the AICS. If I (or someone else) had a design for the AW or AXMC it could be printed in small quantities by the same shop that does the thumb rest and cheek piece. I honestly still don’t think there’s much of a market, but I don’t know that designing a full printed AW sled would be all that difficult.

My only use for it would be the rare stage where every round has to be fired one at a time, like the shoot-one-round then run and get one round type stages. If I had one I’d just keep it in my pack for that rare occasion.

I haven’t had good luck with @BLKWLFK9 ‘s trick. I had an old AW mag that was worn in like that (no bolt stop on empty) and I would still get the occasional round that would jam into the barrel face upon cycling the bolt.

I like @Geno C. ’s design of the drop-in follower as opposed to an entire new magazine. Really cool. If people really wanted these for the MC and Geno didn’t want to machine a bunch, I’m sure I could measure one he has machined and model it up and 3D print them. PETG isn’t as good as the Nylon 11 from Anarchy, but it’s certainly durable enough for a part that essentially takes no abuse.

I like @Geno C. ’s design of the drop-in follower as opposed to an entire new magazine. Really cool. If people really wanted these for the MC and Geno didn’t want to machine a bunch, I’m sure I could measure one he has machined and model it up and 3D print them. PETG isn’t as good as the Nylon 11 from Anarchy, but it’s certainly durable enough for a part that essentially takes no abuse.
    If it works out for @Nik H ask him to send it to you. There’s no way someone would want to pay for my time to make one. I’m slow and running a manual Bridgeport.

You guys know that bobsled makes an insert. Mine fits my AXMC I just had to take a little off the metal insert

Attachments

• 62A32201-3D3C-4395-8DCA-A7AB126E9DBB.jpeg
      62A32201-3D3C-4395-8DCA-A7AB126E9DBB.jpeg
      615.7 KB · Views: 59
    • 813A9B80-6DD2-4CFD-A780-D545135011D6.jpeg
      813A9B80-6DD2-4CFD-A780-D545135011D6.jpeg
      568.6 KB · Views: 52
    You guys know that bobsled makes an insert. Mine fits my AXMC I just had to take a little off the metal insert

How does a short action sled fit into in a long action well? They told me it would be a no go for an AXMC when I called them

Picture

Attachments

• D4370B7C-A8F2-4C10-9E7B-8B7C2D40BE96.jpeg
      D4370B7C-A8F2-4C10-9E7B-8B7C2D40BE96.jpeg
      594.8 KB · Views: 49
    Are you running something in LA through it. It looked like a SA mag. I have never tried a LA cartridge before with it

It works just fine. I could see where they might not say it works because the adapter sits up in the back and the case will run over it but I tried it several different ways. I’ll put it this way. as long as you went trying to hammer on the bolt I would never see it be an issue. But if you are single loading i hope you are not running the bolt that hard.

You are using it for 338 or just in a 338 mag so you can run a SA cartridge?

It works just fine. I could see where they might not say it works because the adapter sits up in the back and the case will run over it but I tried it several different ways. I’ll put it this way. as long as you went trying to hammer on the bolt I would never see it be an issue. But if you are single loading i hope you are not running the bolt that hard.

I have no doubt that it would work fine IF I had a magazine adapter like you do...I don't since AI doesn't make one for Left handed rifles...get it? It wouldn't work in your rifle either without the adapter

Reason I want it is to allow me to shoot solids that won't fit in a magazine

I have no doubt that it would work fine IF I had a magazine adapter like you do...I don't since AI doesn't make one for Left handed rifles...get it? It wouldn't work in your rifle either without the adapter

Reason I want it is to allow me to shoot solids that won't fit in a magazine
    Sorry I tried to help. i Understand it’s left handed. when I posted it. You had not replied yet
    i also was just trying to see if you were trying to run it because of no mag adapter for your S/A round and was just trying to be decent

Get It?

Sorry I tried to help. i Understand it’s left handed. when I posted it. You had not replied yet
    i also was just trying to see if you were trying to run it because of no mag adapter for your S/A round and was just trying to be decent

Get It?
    I do and sorry for being snippy! Not my general nature....the whole left hand thing and how AI deals with it generally is quite frustrating

I do and sorry for being snippy! Not my general nature....the whole left hand thing and how AI deals with it generally is quite frustrating
    Not to mention how any gun company deals with us. If they offer anything they only offer it lefty in the base configurations.

Reactions: Nik H
    I've been printing and selling Savage single shot sleds after I couldn't find one that satisfied me. I wouldn't mind taking a shot at making one, but don't have any axmc stuff. If this is something you guys would want I would take a shot at replicating the wood version or using schematics if available.

Lot's of companies do and so does AI BUT although they do provide us southpaws with a rifle in LH, the accessories are lacking.

I believe that the LH bolt body with the 308 bolt face didn't get released until the AXMC was discontinued. There is still no LH 300 win mag bolt body. This is the frustrating part of the AI story

Reactions: Geno C.