• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

AXSR stripped screw for barrel change....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nobody said you should be fine, it's just how you chose to handle it here. Call EO this morning. Talk to Jason. Problem will be resolved . Simple.
I do think unearthing the issue gives other potential buyers something to watch for. $9K is a lot of money for a rifle and having a tracker of this kind of issue is helpful to the community in my opinion.

That’s frustrating, I’d be upset as well. 1k rifle or 10k rifle, wouldn’t be happy. I’ve had mixed results with the “like new” demo stuff from EO, I’m no longer buying “like new” items. That said both EO and AI always taken care of me no questions asked. At least you’re in good hands. Let us know what happens.

I agree. Three corners of the hex are visible and all appear sharp down in the bottom of the recess. Cant see the other 3. I hesitated on pointing that out before because I don't have it in hand to know, but sure likes there's plenty there to seat the wrench into.

On the AXMC, if you remove that bolt, you run the risk of losing the internal washer down beneath the action. The action has to be de-bonded to get it out. Since the AXSR isn't bonded, it would seem to be as simple as just requesting a new screw from AINA (probably provided for free), but then we wouldn't have this thread for all the drama.
Do you know if the AX has a washer ?

Now the bolt is stripped? Lol

One strips the threads of a bolt by over-tightening it, not by trying to remove it.

And the bolt head hex recess is obviously not stripped out.

Pretty sure you changed the title of this thread, too. Anyone have the notification emails (I turned mine off some time ago).

Also noticed you modified your initial post. What’s going on, man? The cover-up is worse than the crime.

Attachments

• E4677A42-674D-4FD1-A315-3C86B193D296.png
    E4677A42-674D-4FD1-A315-3C86B193D296.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 61
  • BD70DDEF-C68F-4D30-8535-0F1C86578AC6.png
    BD70DDEF-C68F-4D30-8535-0F1C86578AC6.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 63
  • Haha
Reactions: TheBigCountry
It seems everyone is jumping to conclusions and yet I've not seen or heard of there actually being an issue with anything other than a question about if it looks right.

Last edited:
Oh my bad. I spent 9k on something that came defective. Didn’t realize I should be fine with the results. Thanks Capt

Nobody said you should be fine with it, it's just how you chose to handle it here. Call EO this morning. Talk to Jason. Problem will be resolved . Simple.
Accusing EO of "QC issues" is the problem.
This is precisely my point - 5000 years ago, some joker probably traded a virgin for a donkey, only to later realize it had bad teeth.

Up until recently folks would go back to the seller and allow him to make it right before slandering their reputation. This is the Matthew 18 principal for those raised on the bible.

Now the SOP is to race to town square shouting "OH MY GOD I'VE BEEN WRONGED 😱😱😱 GATHER YOUR PITCHFORKS TO COLLECTIVELY DEFEND ME"

Perhaps I'm overreacting, but the barrage of folks doing this to LRI, DeadAir, and many others recently is a troubling pattern.

And I see it as yet another side effect of the decline of classical masculinity in the west. We've lost the ability to defend ourselves so we weaponize outrage culture to do our dirty work.

All that said- yeah I'd want my bolt fixed too 😊

Last edited:
It seems everyone is jumping to conclusions and yet I've not see or heard of there actually being an issue with anything other than a question about if it looks right.
He said the head was stripped, he couldn’t loosen it with the Allen wrench that came with it, or any that he had on hand. I didn’t look to see if he removed that post

Reactions: TheDude219
Now the bolt is stripped? Lol

One strips the threads of a bolt by over-tightening it, not by trying to remove it.

And the bolt head hex recess is obviously not stripped out.

Pretty sure you changed the title of this thread, too. Anyone have the notification emails (I turned mine off some time ago).

Also noticed you modified your initial post. What’s going on, man? The cover-up is worse than the crime.
Take the tinfoil hat off amigo. I NEVER said anything about over tightening. Just stated the simple fact that an expensive gun came in with a key system component screw stripped. Anything else you read was from someone else's replies.

Come on by NC and I'll let you remove the screw yourself. Hell, will even pay you to do it if you don't think its stripped.

And yes, I edited the original post to remove EuroOptic from it since they have since gotten back to me.

Since I doubt you have anything better to do than camp out in this thread please enlighten me with more of your wisdom.

Excellent. Please be sure to update how it gets resolved, especially the repair itself.
This is of interest to me as well since mine has become somewhat worn just from barrel changes. I've not looked at it closely yet to see if I can replace myself, so interested in the result.

Last edited:
And yes, I edited the original post to remove EuroOptic from it since they have since gotten back to me.
Please keep us posted. I emailed back and forth with Michael and spoke to Sam over the weekend before putting my order in. Fingers crossed that it comes without issue. But definitely want to know how EO handles cases like this.

Last edited:
Take the tinfoil hat off amigo. I NEVER said anything about over tightening. Just stated the simple fact that an expensive gun came in with a key system component screw stripped. Anything else you read was from someone else's replies.

Come on by NC and I'll let you remove the screw yourself. Hell, will even pay you to do it if you don't think its stripped.

Since I doubt you have anything better to do than camp out in this thread please enlighten me with more of your wisdom.
Lol ok, sure.

If I stripped a bolt (or was dealing with one), why would I post a pic of it in its hole with its hex recess intact and say, “This look ok to anyone?”

Like anyone could tell what you were talking about? A stripped bolt in that situation looks exactly the same as an undamaged bolt.

Initial reactions from people were they thought that the bolt was tamper resistant.

You said nothing to dispel those guesses.

Which strongly suggests that is what you thought too.

For example, below you didn’t even correct @TylerN who suggests you should try to use a 4mm hex to loosen it. Any regular person would have immediately said, “No, it’s stripped. Read the thread title dumbass.”

Instead you “thumbed up”!

BABFD79B-8E56-44EC-930F-38E240A8934A.png

======
Below, same thing. @ma smith posts a vid about tamper proof fasteners.
98A0CCB1-2A4C-4057-B4B4-F7CC8A7A218E.png

^ “Thumbs up” from @TheDude219

It took you until the 43rd post to say it’s stripped.

If the thread title always said “stripped”, why the heck would many people wonder if it is stripped?
As I said here, you thought it was a tamper resistant bolt, didn’t even try to remove it, and posted a pic on the forum to complain.

Once it became apparent it was not what you thought it was, the backtracking began.

If the thread title was initially titled, “AXSR stripped screw for barrel change....” literally no one would’ve jumped to the tamper resistant fastener diagnosis.

So, you changed the thread title.

The mods can see the history of changes to the thread, so don’t go there.

You made a mistake, like all of us do, only you’re dragging Eurooptic down with you to cover it up.

I get it, one gets a bit panicky and OCD with expensive stuff. I own an AIAX (from EO) and have sent pricy scopes back to them for minor stuff.

But if you’re wrong, man up and don’t drag (probably) innocent parties like EO down with you. Plus you are freaking out a few people that are thinking of buying an AI from EO.

It’s embarrassing.

Lol ok, sure.

If I stripped a bolt (or was dealing with one), why would I post a pic of it in its hole with its hex recess intact and say, “This look ok to anyone?”

Like anyone could tell what you were talking about? A stripped bolt in that situation looks exactly the same as an undamaged bolt.

Initial reactions from people were they thought that the bolt was tamper resistant.

For example, below you didn’t even correct @TylerN who suggests you should try to use a 4mm hex to loosen it. Any regular person would have immediately said, “No, it’s stripped. Read the thread title dumbass.”

View attachment 8165933

======
View attachment 8165930

If the thread title always said “stripped”, why the heck would many people wonder if it is stripped?
As I said here, you thought it was a tamper resistant bolt, didn’t even try to remove it, and posted a pic on the forum to complain.

Once it became apparent it was not what you thought it was, the backtracking began.

If the thread title was initially titled, “AXSR stripped screw for barrel change....” literally no one would’ve jumped to the tamper resistant fastener diagnosis.

You made a mistake, like all of us do, only you’re dragging Eurooptic down with you to cover it up.

I get it, one gets a bit panicky and OCD with expensive stuff. I own an AIAX (from EO) and have sent pricy scopes back to them for minor stuff.

But if you’re wrong, man up and don’t drag (probably) innocent parties like EO down with you. Plus you are freaking out a few people that are thinking of buying an AI from EO.

It’s embarrassing.
Dude, you're a wack job. I said stripped in the title also I know it's not a tamper resistant screw because I BOUGHT the gun knowing that's how you change the barrel. The rest of your post is too long, not going to waste my time with your but it's sad you've invested this much of your time on this... So carry on homie, I'm done responding to you

Lol ok, sure.

View attachment 8165933

======
View attachment 8165930

It’s embarrassing.

Maybe it is best to delete this thread, resolve the situation, and then start a new thread that tells the whole story.

-Stan
I would delete it but Carbon would think I was hiding evidence. I'm good to close it mods... EO is going to swap it out and @carbonbased has been put on ignore for claiming I made a mistake when all I did was get upset when I had a defective screw. Somehow he thinks I did something wrong, but alas

I would delete it but Carbon would think I was hiding evidence. I'm good to close it mods... EO is going to swap it out
So, they’ll send a call tag, replace the screw, and ship it back?

Or they’re swapping the rifle?

Dude, you're a wack job. I said stripped in the title also I know it's not a tamper resistant screw because I BOUGHT the gun knowing that's how you change the barrel. The rest of your post is too long, not going to waste my time with your but it's sad you've invested this much of your time on this... So carry on homie, I'm done responding to you

So you are confirming that you tried to loosen it and it's in fact stripped? Or you noticed the machining wasn't perfect on the lead in to the hex and assumed it was messed up?

The machined hex looks intact and don't appear to be rounded at all.

Gentlemen,

I'm locking this thread, as it seems to be going no where. The OP can start a new thread if they want to update everyone with the solution.

Status
Not open for further replies.