• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

AZ Precision Rifle Pictures

Re: AZ Precision Rifles

Hey Keith, when are you going post pics of my rifle? Just to make sure I like it before I come up and pick it up. Lol.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: treemonkey</div><div class="ubbcode-body">isnt that a little overkill for a 10-22 </div></div>

Looks to me like a lot of skill & talent.

Hopefully Doug will post some pics of his rifle here when he can. I'll be posting pics of the final rifle Im finishing in about 1 week. I'll be Cerakoting it tomorrow. Its all prepped for blasting.
Its getting bedded late in the week and cleaned up/assembled on Monday.

Getting together to shoot and take pics is a great idea. Let me know in andvance.

Just a reminder, I wont be taking in work until we have our shop set up and our FFL taken care of. This will be a few months.

I move back to Tempe later this month. Already have machines on the way and we are taking care of the legal paperwork to get approved by the city and get our FFL.

Work so far has been done at school. I'm done with school now so I can not take on anything until our business is up and running.

Just bolt knob installs for the next couple months.

Thanks!

grin.gif

I got my rifle back from Keith a couple weeks ago, and it is bad ass! He rebarreled it to a #7 barrel and had to open my Macmillan a3-5 barrel channel, new recoil lug, and installed new trigger, threaded the barrel for my new can, gem-tech sandstorm. Just shot the can today for the first time, can't believe how quiet it is, and no poi Chang If any at all. The rifle is definitely a half moa rifle, he does nice work.

Thanks Keith

I'll post group pics and specs of my 243 comp rifle soon.
It shoots great. No load development needed to be done to get 1/2MOA. It shot everything great.
Heres a 300 yard cold bore shot from a match today.
photo-78.jpg

I was pretty happy
smile.gif

I'll have some info to announce about the company I am working for here in Tempe.

I will be continuing to do bolt knobs as I have been, but will also be working for Phoenix Custom Rifles. Phoenix Custom Rifles is owned by my father Brad Johns. We both went to gunsmithing school together and have the same philosophies on rifle building. We share different talents and will benefit from eachother.

We are currently working on getting the shop set up. A 2200 pound KENT lathe shows up in about a week with a 2000 pound JET mill.
Should have both machines set up within about 2 weeks. Should be taking rifle builds orders in about 3 weeks.

Phoenix Custom Rifles FFL is already in and we are legal to accept firearms. We will be offering a full range of gunsmithing services, as well as firearm Cerakote.

If anyone is interested in a rifle build or Cerakote give me a call. You can place the order now and we can get the parts ordered. The rifles we build will have a half minute accuracy guarantee. And we are experienced in how to properly Cerakote a firearm. We've Cerakoted about a dozen now for ourselves.

This company will be doing everything the way I would at AZP, using the best equipment and techniques in the industry. I will be there every day, having full part in every job done.

Thank you very much

Keith Johns

Congratulations , I hope everything goes well. I'll be needing a Cerakote jobb done to my barrled action and scope base and rings soon.

Mike

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: redirt78</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Congratulations and good luck working with pops, I do and it can get tough haha. </div></div>

I know what you mean.

Guys AZ Precisions website will be down in about one week. It is being changed to Phoenix Custom Rifles website.

More info to come.

Thanks a bunch

Looking forward to seeing more of your work in the future!