• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

AZ TPRC 2011

Re: AZ TPRC 2011

Scott et al. -Thanks for making this a great match - you even got the rain stage in again this year!(so I suspect there must_have_been a rain dance!)

Scott, Tim, Gina, Steve, Matt and everyone else, it was a great match. Sorry that I had to bug out early because of family obligation. Would have love to see Chiller and LVSteel in the shopping cart at high speed. May be more rain next year too? J/K.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SNAGLYTOOTH</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Excellent match! I had an absolute blast and things couldn't have run any smoother.
</div></div>

Hearing that from shooters is what makes it all worthwhile!
I'm gonna go pass out now....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sobrbiker883</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SNAGLYTOOTH</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Excellent match! I had an absolute blast and things couldn't have run any smoother.
</div></div>

Hearing that from shooters is what makes it all worthwhile!
I'm gonna go pass out now.... </div></div>

Rest well.

It was earned.

Thanks to the match staff and the sponsors for another great match! The match keeps on getting better and better year after year.

Great match once again . All went well ,good to catch up with the NORCAL guys and the regulars. Thanks to the sponsors awesome prize table . Will see you all at the next one

Lots of hard work and good thinking, and good target design went into this match, loved the see saw target, airplane movers just made me look stupid, chain supported platform, and the half dozen or so barricades really made wish I would have practiced more, paper drills that made you think and shoot, and also more positional than any other match I've been to, a true test of a rifleman, the match was the best so far and perhaps the best design and smoothest running match I've been to, thanks to all for the outstanding fun time, even in the rain.
Special thanks to all the sponsors --POF, Predator Tactical, USO, Score High GS, Specialized Dynamics, Vortex, just to name a few.

What's been seen can't be unseen.
001.jpg

Loads of fun for sure. Thanks to Scott, Tim, Gina, Steve and all of the other RO's. Big thanks to the many sponsors. Now time to tend to fun things like cleaning the pool and reconfiguring the wireless router that went down right after I left town on friday leaving my wife without (GASP) any internet service for the weekend...

I would like to thank all of my RO's, they are the ones who deserve much of the credit for pulling off such a smooth running match, especially with the weather that rolled in.
Secondly, I would like to thank the sponsors for their generous donations. Please send them an email thanking them, trust me, it means a lot to them.
Lastly, thank you to the competitors, I had a great time seeing all of you, thank you for being prompt and staying safe. I had a great weekend.
Congrats to the winners, as always the top 10 received gold coins while all the competitors received the silver coins.
Time to get back to work and make some AR's.

Scott is always too modest. Everyone at AZ TPRC appreciates all his time, commitment, and determination that he puts into making the best possible match for all competitors. Thank you Scott.

Thank you to all of the RO staff AND to all the people behind the scenes that put in the extra time and effort so we can to continue to promote our sport and put on the best possible match for our competitors.

I had a blast and look forward to next year.

Thanks to Scott, Tim, and all the other RO's. Great match, all of us NORCAL guys had a great time. I hope we can do one of these matches without rain next year! Thanks to all of the generous sponsers, and once again all of Scott's crew. RO's put alot of time into this to make it work, THANK YOU. Shooter 53, Jacob.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mattsnuked</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Scott is always too modest. Everyone at AZ TPRC appreciates all his time, commitment, and determination that he puts into making the best possible match for all competitors. Thank you Scott.
</div></div>

Well stated Matt!

And also unfortunately very true:
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LVshooter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What's been seen can't be unseen.
001.jpg
</div></div>

To Scott, the whole crew, and the sponsors - a fantastic match! I never had to think of anything about how the match was run or anything - the true test of a smooth operation.

And a thank you to Charley Robertson of Score-Hi Gunsmithing for another valuable Brux barrel and intsall certificate!

Pics from day 2

Soberbiker briefing us on the targets.

IMG_1286-1.jpg

IMG_1368.jpg

Ryan not feeling well...

IMG_1371.jpg

Steve was around to cheer him up.

IMG_1372.jpg

Then the fog rolls in. "SHOOTER READY?" ... GO!

IMG_1369.jpg

Gave us some time to get our dope:

IMG_1373.jpg

Once the fog cleared we jumped back on our guns.

IMG_1378.jpg

The guy in the foreground is Mark Quintana (sp?) he shot real tight and ended up winning the match.

IMG_1376.jpg

Then the cops showed up.. aw shit party's over.

IMG_1382.jpg

The fog rolled back in.

IMG_1384.jpg

After all the shootin' ended, we hit the chow line..

IMG_1421.jpg

First Place winner Mark Quintana...

IMG_1424.jpg

Second Place winner Todd Powers of Phantom Finishing...

IMG_1428.jpg

Third Place winner, Ryan Kerr...

IMG_1431.jpg

TPRC was a tough match and a good time with friends, thanks to everyone who made it worth shooting!

Thanks to Scott, Tim, Gina, Steve, Carrie, Free Shirt, Matt etc, etc for having a super smooth running match. No real hicups at all. Some really challenging stages of fire especially with that tricky wind and intermittent rain. Had a great time as usual in AZ.

Was great to see all the old friends, meet and talk to some new ones and shoot with the guys on Squad 1.

Definitely thanks to the sponsors as well. An excellent prize table. They all really stepped up.

Just got back into sunny Big D after shooting an awesome match in the Arizona rain forest!

Tim's brother, Scott's brother, and all the rest of the RO's and staff put on an outstanding match again this year. I really don't know where you guys come up with some of the evil stages you put us through, but we appreciate the effort. Great stages of fire! You kept us busy shooting and thinking throughout the match.

Hats off to the sponsors, POF, Predator Tactical, Specialized Dynamics, Vortex and all the others. I think I can speak for all of the shooters, that we appreciate your support and will look to you guys first when making purchasing decisions.

That was another great match by the Phoenix crew. All the MDs and ROs did a great job of running all the shooters through all of the different COFs and keeping things moving like a well oiled machine.
All of the COFs were very entertaining and very challenging, particularly when coupled with the wind, dust, and rain.

A special thanks go to POF for the awesome rifle, and Scott for working with us CA folks to get it into our state.

It was a great time hanging out with friends and making new ones.

Thanks to all of the sponsors. There were a ton of great sponsors that donated a lot to the prize table. It was great to see a lot of them come out and show off their products.

Thanks to every one for coming out, great to see a such a good group of shooters every year, and thanks to all the sponsors for their support!

Once again, the AZ crew put on a fantastic, challenging, and entertaining match. The COFs were demanding enough on their own, but the wind and rain just added to the fun. All the MD's and RO's didn't miss a beat and kept things running smoothly despite the conditions. Thank you all for the hard work.

The prize table was incredible and it was great to see so many sponsors at the match and shooting along-side us. Special thanks to Frank at POF for the rifle and the BBQ.

Thanks again to all. See everyone in New Mexico.

Ryan

Thanks again to all the competitors and sponsors. It was to see all of you in sunny AZ.

Congrats to Mark for being on his game through the wind/rain/fog.

I will see you Norcal boys soon.

Thanks again to Scott for all his hard work and the rest of the RO's.

Thanks to Scott, ALL his crew and ALL the sponsors... Yet again, another challenging and great match! Coulda done without the weather, but then again, situations will never be "perfect". Good job to all and I will see some of you soon at the Score High match coming up in New Mexico... A Special thanks to Charley Robertson of Score High gunsmithing for building a match-winning rifle!

Good times and thanks again!

Mark Quintana

What a GREAT match. I don't think it could have been run any smoother. Scott you have by far some of the best RO's in the business. They were all very clear on COF's and held true to course across the board with all the competitors in my squad. This match was so well laid out and run it's going to be hard to top. Again like others have already said thanks to you and your crew and a big thanks to all the sponsors, what a prize table.
I learned alot, like my positional shooting SUCK's. I look forward to next year.

Now that I have made it back home I can start looking for psycological help after meeting/seeing Chiller!!!!!! I know, no one will be the same ever again.

Mick

Thank to Scott and all the crew for doing a great shoot!!! The vender support you get is outstanding!

We will have a VIDEO up in a few days.

Mike @ CST

Thank you to Scott, Tim, Gina and crew for an outstanding match. This was my first TPRC match and I will definately be back.

Big thanks to all the sponsors the prizes were awesome.

Scott, maybe next year you could add a little more positional shooting.........
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Jason

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CSTACTICAL</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thank to Scott and all the crew for doing a great shoot!!! The vender support you get is outstanding!

We will have a VIDEO up in a few days.

Mike @ CST </div></div>

Congrats Mike on the great finish! Looking forward to the video.

Scott, thanks to you, your ROs for an outstanding match and all the sponsors for the awesome prize table. It was great to see all of my friends and get a chance to make some new ones. Thanks again for a amazing two days.
Dave

Thanks to Scott and everyone else that helped run the match. It was a great match. The wind and rain makes it hard for the shooters but it makes it even harder for those that are running the match.
Also big thanks to all the great sponsers. I will definatly contact some of the sponsers and thank them personaly.
It was great seeing everyone. See you at NorCal.
I hope Chiller leaves his mini skirt home next time. You should have seen all the looks he was getting as we fueled up on the way there AND home.
Thanks
Kurt

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chiller</div><div class="ubbcode-body">........its a kilt...........</div></div>

Looks like a skirt, acts like a skirt........

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chiller</div><div class="ubbcode-body">........its a kilt........... </div></div>

It's a KILT for sure.........

Cause it KILT my eyes seeing you in it!
laugh.gif

Jason

Scott,

Wanted to say thanks to you, your range crew and stats people. You put together an excellent match. It was very challenging, everything from standard exercise to run and gun, which was my personal favorite. I know its alot of work but I am sure it is appreciated by everyone. Wanted to say a special thanks to all the sponsors, you guys had an excellent prize table as usual.

Bradley

Great job you Phoenicians!!! You're the best
grin.gif

I really liked this years COF's and the match ran like a Swiss watch.

Congrats to Mark Q,Impressive shooting man!

Big Thanks to all the sponsors as well.Especially Lapua
wink.gif

Awesome weekend folks! I mostly worked the 'wash' stage over the weekend, but got to take a peek at some of the other stages too. This was a spectacular match, both in the planning and execution. Well done Scott and Arizona TPRC team. I was so honored to be a small part of the effort.

Four quick videos of one of the many 'wash' stages, shows the rain on day 1:
http://www.youtube.com/stormtactical

A few pics below, and about 120 pics up on facebook:
Storm Tactical on Facebook

Briefing one of the wash stages.
DSCN3517web.jpg

Todd from Phantom Finishing, he was smooth.
DSCN3430web.jpg

Matt briefing Team NorCal
DSCN3407web.jpg

3gunTim, aka "Scott's brother" running Rich on KYL.
DSCN3388web.jpg

Day 2, AM brief.
DSCN3376web.jpg

Wash tunnel.
DSCN3359web.jpg

Chiller Kilt
DSCN3529web.jpg

'Sniper Hootch' stage in the wash.
DSCN3519web.jpg

Me (retired), and active SDPD officers.
DSCN3534web.jpg

Obviously, a great deal of smart planning went into this match. So many different stages were clearly designed to present specific challenges, not just the usual offhand, barricade stuff, but subtle issues that you didnt realize until after the stage was over.
The organization of spotters was impeccable. The logistics were very efficient. I really enjoyed talking to vendors and putting face to some people with companies I have dealt with in the past. I will be doing alot more positional shooting and alot less prone stuff in my practice.
Thanks to all involved, it was a tour de force.

To the AZ TPRC Crew: Scott (Tim's brother), Tim (Scott's brother/Gina's Husband), Gina , ROs, spotters & match staff -- this was a FANTASTIC match. Very well executed, extremely challenging, professional, and FUN! Thank you!!!

To the sponsors: Thanks for an incredible prize table ... I was thrilled to scoop up gift certificates from Seekins Precision and Falcon Industries -- thanks for sponsoring the match!

Thanks to Frank at POF for lunch!

Well, I didn't break any targets this year ... but the range "gets back at you" in funny ways
crazy.gif
Too bad it attacked my pickup! Ha!

It was great seeing old friends and meeting some new folks as well ... see you all down the road.

Bear

Scott,Tim, and crew- you guys are simply amazing.

This was by far the smoothest running match I have been to in a while,possibly ever. The RO's were very,very consistent and very prompt. I have never seen so many stages shot in such a short period of time and then to not have any problems or have to throw out any stages on top of it was simply amazing.

I literally didnt think it was possible for a match to run ths fast and smooth. There was very,very little down time if any.

Scott and crew deserve a <span style="font-weight: bold">HUGE</span> round of applause.

Cant wait until next year, you can certainly count on us as a sponsor again.

Thanks again
Scott

ETA- TIM, we will see you next month at SSM3g