• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

AZPRC October 9th. $100 cash purse with prizes

Mod Adahy

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 7, 2010
East Helena, Mt
AZPRC monthly match at Ashfork location. 40rds COF. Distance from 150yds to 1100yds. Sponsored by Anthony and Marie Carbajal at DMC Distribution. They are the local guys for Shockwave
shockwave.jpg

$25 entry fee. We will have the mile target out for all to make attempts into the AZPRC Mile Club. Directions can be found here. Please email [email protected] for entry so that we have a head count. Starts at 0800 and we should be done by 1300. Format will be the same as the last match. 5 minutes to engage 5 targets twice with the second shot on each target within the 10 second follow up. We have put out 15 more targets and have simplified the identification process.

Re: AZPRC October 9th. $100 cash purse with prizes

I'm in on this one too Brad.
Thanks for taking the time to set these up.

Too easy Brad, I hope to be there. Still don't have a boom stick.

Sign me up, I'll come across something that can shoot that far.

Russ

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rp243</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sign me up, I'll come across something that can shoot that far.

Russ </div></div>

How are the brakes coming along? Some of the guys are taking a poke with guns that should not be possible.

Me and Craig will be shooting.

The brakes are always a work in progress, I think we have developed a perfect .22lr version but the scaling up seems to irritate the laws of physics. Oh well.

Some of those shots were surprising when they connected, you always hear that a .308 is a so-so 1000 yd gun then some guy shows up and hits a target a mile away(let alone the .223's that have done it).

Guess it goes to show that just because a round should destabilise at a certain speed does not mean it always does.

Russ

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rp243</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The brakes are always a work in progress, I think we have developed a perfect .22lr version but the scaling up seems to irritate the laws of physics. Oh well.

Some of those shots were surprising when they connected, you always hear that a .308 is a so-so 1000 yd gun then some guy shows up and hits a target a mile away(let alone the .223's that have done it).

Guess it goes to show that just because a round should destabilise at a certain speed does not mean it always does.

Russ </div></div>

I am wanting a brake for the wife's 6.5 hunting rig. I have a new non-understanding of destabilization of bullets.

Is it already threaded? 6.5x?

Russ

Ps. I guess thats why they put the danger warning for a mile and a half on .22lr boxes

What a great idea, I'll bring the 10-22(with a brick of bullets) to hit the mile target, that will out-do those .223 guys.

Russ

See you guys on sunday. Sorry about the late emails but the computer at home had a run in with lightning and it has not faired so well.

Sunday's weather= Sunny, with a high near 72 0% chance of Precip

Does anyone have the updated yardages/slopes, i remember hearing that the ones on the last paper were all off.

Just got a mil/mil scope instead of moa that I'm used to, so wanna play around with the ballistics program... Hopefully I won't get confused on sunday!

Distances we provide are always wrong but close (not on accident). We don't provide the exact distances. We have also changed the target sequence, but we will have the target layout for use on Sunday. Christopher came out and located all the targets within 10cm and put on aerial photo for us (thanks Christopher)!!

See you guys on Sunday. I will not be around the computer this weekend because they apparently don't fare to well to lightning strikes. Who woulda thunk?

Can't wait. See you on Sunday Brad.

Nice job by all. Congrats to Steve Montgomery for another win. Overall we had 27 shooters for score, 12 of which were new shooters to Azprc and we were glad to have you guys out. Thanks to all for putting up with the Ashfork wind. Scores have been updated with pics and overall points to follow this week.

Thanks again Brad it was a fun day. Sorry I had to bail out right after the last round, I had 2 non-shooters that were ready, @ 2:15pm to call it a day. Congrats Steve, nice win yesterday. Good to see everyone and meet some new guys too.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lowe Left</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thanks again Brad it was a fun day. Sorry I had to bail out right after the last round, I had 2 non-shooters that were ready, @ 2:15pm to call it a day. Congrats Steve, nice win yesterday. Good to see everyone and meet some new guys too. </div></div>

No problem. Your dad had me laughing everytime I came around.

Sunday was a good time brad, thanks to you and the sponsors to having us out there. It was too easy though, dirt was everywhere and I managed to hit it almost every time. Next time, more steel less dirt and it might actually be a challenge.
whistle.gif

Anyways, it was nice to finally do my first real match. Racing against the clock definitely made me lose sight of half the fundamentals and be a bit sloppy. Its nice to see all your practice go out the door in 'stressful' situations, lets ya know you need even more practice!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Azprc</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nice job by all. Congrats to Steve Montgomery for another win. Overall we had 27 shooters for score, 12 of which were new shooters to Azprc and we were glad to have you guys out. Thanks to all for putting up with the Ashfork wind. Scores have been updated with pics and overall points to follow this week. </div></div>

Thanks guys for the congrats.

This sure is a fun shooting match! I'd like to thank the sponsors and everyone else that makes a long range rifle event like this possible!

Thank you Brad and the sponsors. Had a good time. Congrats Steve. Can't wait tell next month.

I had a great time out there again with everyone. Congrats on another win Steve.
Time to start getting ready for next month!