• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

B&C Medalist Stock for my 700 SPS

MMH

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 17, 2013
I'm looking at getting a B&C Medalist stock for my .308 700 Remington SPS Tactical AAC-SD. This gun will be used for all round use (from benchrest to hunting). I am really trying to get into some long range shooting this year & think that the stock Hogue will limit me. I am trying to choose from the following three B&C stocks:

Style 2 (2092):
Like: Vertical grip
Concern: Forend is too wide & blocky for anything but benchrest shooting

Style 3 (w/ hook) (2956):
Like: Vertical grip (although it does not seem as vertical as in the 2092)
Forend is is not as blocky as the 2092, but has good flat section for shooting off of sandbags
Hooked stock (for shooting off he bench)
Concern: Hooked stock when hunting
Is comb height as high as in their M40 stock?

Style 4 (M40):
Like: Vertical grip (although it does not seem as vertical as in the 2092)
Forend - like - same comments as for Style 3
Monte Carlo - should be good for shooting off the bench & field
Concern: none really...

I am leaning towards the Style 3 (w/ hook). $$$ are a big consideration. I really like the Manners T4 but it costs over twice as much. I was initially considering it when I was thinking about getting a DBM, but between a Manners & DBM it would set me back $850 or better. Maybe someday, but frankly, I am a good enough shooter to benefit from the a super, high end stock. I do want to get into long range shooting, but am not that skilled (yet).

Please help me sort thru the above & help me decide.

M40 Medalist...wish Bell & Carlson would pull their heads out of their asses and make that stock for Savage.

The B&C M40 is a nice piece. It would be my choice for what you are doing.

I have purchased several of the A2 style stocks for friends of mine and have used the dremel, sand paper, and a little bondo to reduce mass in the forearm and cut a hook in the rear. All have worked extremely well and it's a fun project. Here is a rough draft that I did for my dad a few months back.

20121213_212324_zpse413622e.jpg

B&C are great stocks for the money and it has an aluminum block so no bedding required. Take a look into HS precision stocks also, there are always a few floating around being sold around $200. These are the ones taken off of the 700p, 700pss, and the green from 700 5r

I have the hook style and its a great stock- it works well for hunting in the field and off a bench. Comb height was a shade lower than I like, so it got a few layers of athletic pre-wrap and then duct-tape, then covered with a stock pack. I would suggest bedding it, even with the aluminum block, my groups tightened up to consistent 1/2 MOA (out to 400 yards at least).

B&C are great stocks for the money and it has an aluminum block so no bedding required. Take a look into HS precision stocks also, there are always a few floating around being sold around $200. These are the ones taken off of the 700p, 700pss, and the green from 700 5r

Like this one, but Im not selling it for 200.
aLDMJmm.jpg

Where do you find them for $200?

I've owned all 3. Prefer the m40 style but they are hard to find right now . I just installed a a2 on my aac-Sd last night. Can't wait to take it to the range this weekend.