• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

B&C Medalist vs Stockade

daburrrninator

Private
Minuteman
May 1, 2010
I'm doing my final research on what stock I'm going to buy and was hoping to get the opinions of those who have owned or have experience with both. Which one is the better stock? This is for a Savage 10 SA.

From my perspective these are the pros and cons of each. But would still like the opinion of those who have used them.

Stockade:

Pros - Cost $600 for the money saver with an adjustable cheek rest, bottom metal for DBM, inletting and cost of paint or duracoat supplies I would need to finish.

Adjustable cheek rest as part of the design (not an addon)

Cons - The LONG WAIT I am not a very patient person and I've already waited about 8 months to start this rifle build. I've had the action and everything else, I want to SHOOT IT.

I have to work on it myself to finish it, otherwise the cost puts it over my budget.

B&C:

Pros - No wait time

I don't have to sand/primer/paint.

Cons - Would need to purchase a Karsten cheek
Finding a Karsten cheek rest
Another $60+ for the cheek rest
Work I have to do to add the cheeck rest
$206 + $60 (last time I checked for the inletting) for DBM
Not as aesthically pleasing to have the karsten as opposed to the Stockade stock made with the adj. rest.

In the end I don't save much if I went with the B&C but the faster gratification is really selling me on it. Not only that, but the B&C I can slowly modify as needed where as the Stockade I have to have almost the entire $600 right now.

Opinions please?

Re: B&C Medalist vs Stockade

I looked at the Manners but in the end it comes close to 900 when I keep in mind the cost of the cdi bottom metal and its still a minimum 3 month wait.

dude......complete you profile

go to some good sporting goods store and buy a canoe paddle....mount you barreled action to it and call it good.....the B&C stuff will float too because it is low density FOAM in the core.......you would know this if you COMPLETE YOUR PROFILE AND SIT ON YOUR HANDS AND SEARCH AROUND FOR STUFF THAT DON'T FAIL.

Stockade for Savage is the only way to go. Here is an Elk Stalker on my Savage ML10.

003.jpg

002.jpg

Yeah Kevin added a 3rd action screw and pillar bedded the action too. It's a Hide approved muzzleloader....LOL.

I was spending $600+, I would have gone with a McRee. The reason I went with a B&C A5 is because I only had about $300 to spend. And its pretty solid.

417be5b03b02ad22c2d3cc2cdeabd258-d39memc.jpg

Get an xlr cheek piece for 31.00 delivered. I love mine and it looks much better then the kersten.... Jmo

IMHO Stockade is better than B&C, and I have both on my personal guns, either are a good "cheap" stock, way better than a factory Savage stock. That being said, they're still cheap stocks, foam filled, thin outer shell, slightly flexable, the B&C I have is kinda plastic like, w/ hollow voids to save weight... if you're already spending upwards of $600, get a non adjustable Manners for around $500, set up for YOU, then you don't need adjustments

Buy once.. cry once.. and have some patiencs. How bad is it shooting that you need a new stock NOW!? I have one of Kevin's stocks and it is nice.. but not as solid as my McMillans. I would get a fully loaded McMillan or Manners for a few hundred more even if I had to wait and pay more. But that's just me. Think of it as an investment.

I ended up with a B&C, I really had to remind myself that this was supposed to be a budget build. I think once I'm done with this 308 I'm going to place an order for a Manners for the 223 I'm planning on buying later. I know, I'm not even done with the first and I'm already planning a second. This stuff is addicting.