• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

B&C or Manners?

BoomStix

Private
Minuteman
Aug 23, 2009
Yukon, OK
I can't decide between the B&C A5 medalist or the Manners
MCS-T2A stock for remmy 700 V .308. I like the look of the B&C but not too sure about the wide forend. First off let me ask this because I still hav'nt been able to get a definite answer; will the MCS-T2A even fit the model 700? McMillan is out of the picture, just thought I'd nip that in the butt now
grin.gif

Re: B&C or Manners?

Tom Manners is great. I would choose his stock over a B&C all day. I am sure the MCS-T2A will fit a Remington. I would definitely call to see what he has in stock though. Most of his stocks, are about a 9 week wait, but well worth it.

Manners no comaparison..............B&C is the next step up from the Milk Jug stocks but not in same league as Manners Or McMillan IMHO

Manners stock hands down...Tom Manners really takes care of his customers. I don't think you can get anywhere near the service from the B&C.

no offense, but how can you type a question like that and really be serious? Manners stocks are hand built, tough as hell, and one of the best stocks money can buy. Tom is great to work with, first class service all the way. Get a Manners stock and don't look back, if money is an issue save up, you wont regret it.

Yet antother vote for Manners. I owned a B&C for my Savage 10FP a few years ago and it left me unimpressed in fit and finish, even for a $215 stock.

I run the MCS T1 (was the latest available at the time of purchase) and love it! Tom is good people & his products are 1st rate! No brainer in my book!

No comparison between a Manners and B&C. Definitely Manners.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: moccw</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Manners, all the way... </div></div>

<span style="color: #FF6600"><span style="font-weight: bold">+1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!</span></span>

Uhhhh, yeah, not even in the same galaxy. Manners all the way (has that been said?)

And it will fit, they will inlet them to fit anything, especially a 700.

Don't know why I am even posting this, but seriously there is no comparison. I would put Tom's stocks (manners) up against almost anything and nothing will beat his pricing vs the pricing for the one or two stocks that can compete with his.

<span style="font-weight: bold">Manners</span>

Buy it once and you're done. Dont skimp on a good stock or good optics. Ammo is whats going to cost you the big bucks anyway in the long run...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: adam boynton</div><div class="ubbcode-body">no offense, but how can you type a question like that and really be serious? </div></div>

Maybe because he doesn't know, and therefore asked for input. That is how people learn before they buy. It is not like anyone will be able to handle various stocks at most dealers.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DustyJacket</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: adam boynton</div><div class="ubbcode-body">no offense, but how can you type a question like that and really be serious? </div></div>

Maybe because he doesn't know, and therefore asked for input. That is how people learn before they buy. It is not like anyone will be able to handle various stocks at most dealers.
</div></div>

No harm in asking I guess.
What got me (and many of you I'm sure) was counting McMillian out from the start, then substituting that option for a B&C in comparison to a Manners?
Maybe he'll read this and put his options more into perspective.

Not that you should need another vote by now but definitely +1 for Manners.

He is a great guy to deal with, his stocks are top notch, and I love the T2A I have on my Rem 700.

I've used them both and my vote is Manners without a doubt. Oh, and have Todd paint it while its there.

The only reason for me to add to this is that I have witnessed many new shooters come to this site and become somewhat guided down the wrong path. Often in the optics section, but others as well.

Next, Manners Stocks, Tom and his crew. Outstanding job. Yep, I will say it. I have spoke with Tom several times, shot his stocks, bedded his stocks, and suggested his stocks in certain situations. I did this for the customer. They got what they needed. End of story.
There stocks are some of the best in the industry, hands down.

First of all, check out what you are going to buy. Stocks are not cheap, some take more work to prep prior to shooting (my opinion). Everybody has there own methods, likes, dislikes, and budget.

Tom's stocks do not incorporate an aluminum bedding system. Does this mean it is not as good? NO. B&C doesn't offer the outer shell that Tom does. Does this mean it is not as good? Nope.

It has been proven over and over that the aluminum bedding system is not required to make a gun shoot, (or should I say be consistant) but in any case, most whom are serious about it, install pillars and bed the rifle.

We have a couple different line of rifle stocks, the Medalist being the most popular. Even with the full bedding block, latest design, etc, we cannot match every receiver that comes from the factory. My opinion, the bedding block gives a solid platform, bedding ensures a perfect junction between the two.

B&C has stepped up over the last 4 or 5 years and filled a void for a lot of shooters out there that cannot afford "the best", or what's popular. We provide a very solid stock that is capable of competing with the best of them.

Manners started from scratch and exploded filling a gap there as well.

The stocks are not in the same class, they really are not. Manners and MCM are built similar, and B&C and HS are built similar. Two different methods all together.

The one thing that I really have been trying to relay to new shooters, or shooters that may have a problem getting behind a gun is that it has to fit you, the shooter. HS, B&C, MCM, Manners, etc, etc, have ther styles that some like, some don't. Personally, I think B&C needs some major updates.

Whatever you choose to go with, just do the research if you are not familiar with what you are buying. I have been down the road many of times and found what I like. That differs from what others like, dislike. I can admit, I have bought something that....many items due to popularity and in the end, just didn't work for me. I wasted time money and effort to be cool.

Get what "works" for "you" the first time.

Manners all the way. You couldn't give me a B&C stock. I have had too much negative experiences with them including a current rifle I am shooting. I switched the stock out at the earliest opportunity and haven't looked back.

You get what you pay for.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: GUNNER75</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

The one thing that I really have been trying to relay to new shooters, or shooters that may have a problem getting behind a gun is that it has to fit you, the shooter. HS, B&C, MCM, Manners, etc, etc, have ther styles that some like, some don't. Personally, I think B&C needs some major updates.

Whatever you choose to go with, just do the research if you are not familiar with what you are buying. I have been down the road many of times and found what I like. That differs from what others like, dislike. I can admit, I have bought something that....many items due to popularity and in the end, just didn't work for me. I wasted time money and effort to be cool.

Get what "works" for "you" the first time.

</div></div>
Well said Wade, Been a while since we talked, give me a buzz when you get time.

Being a guy who currently owns McMillan, Manners and B&C I can say that they are all nice stocks.

B&C is a nice stock for the money, I wouldn't discount them to quick, I've seen lots of shooters built on B&Cs and bought one for my dad's hunting rifle last year (thanks Wade).

If I was building an all out custom, yes I'd go Manners or McMillan. If I was upgrading an SPS varmint into something better and couldn't afford $600+ then I'd be fine with a nice B&C.

That's what I was thinking too. To each there own, as they say.

I'll add one more positive review of the B&C. Sure it's not a McMillan, but it doesn't have that price tag or lead time either. I bought a B&C Light Tactical for my project that fits my budget, and I have been very happy with it.

Sorry it took so long to check back, I had to go out of town for a little while. Well I definately got my answer on this one. This is obviously my first time to buy a custom stock but I agree, after all the searching around I've done I have come up with the same conclusion. The next thing I have been working on is trying to find a barrel that fits my situation. I'm trying to find a "happy medium" between target & hunting. I'm looking for something that is going to be accurate at the 600 yard range, but I dont want to lug around a 26" bbl either. Will Shilen make a 22" or 24" heavy contour fluted bbl because it looks like they only make 22" in feather weight. The only reason I ruled a McM out is due to my budget, I have a 3 month old son and money isn't exactly abundant right now. These are all things that I want to be able to teach him when he gets a little older blah blah blah, enough of the heart string story. Oh and I really appriciate everyone's insight on the matter!

In my humble opinion, the Manners T2A is one of the best stocks on the market. It would be heads and shoulders above anything B&C would produce from a fit/finish not to mention the strength.

Oneshot

The finish on the B&C stocks are very nice, but Manners gets the tope vote for a all around better stock.