• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

B&C vs HS Percision

Re: B&C vs HS Percision

I have both and both are skim bedded. (B&C light tactical and a PSS clone HS) I have noticed zero difference in accuracy between them. I do find one more comfortable than the other though...

Same as stated above, havn't seen accuracy diffence between the two. But the B&C is alot more comfortable to me. And if you're buying one brand new, the B&C is also cheaper.

Once skim bedded, there shouldn't be a difference. Hell, without skim bedding you'll probably see the same results. I always skim bed the bedding block stocks I've had because they don't usually make full contact and in turn pull on the action when you torque it down. Buy the one YOU think you like best, skim bed it and be done.

I had my 10FP in a B&C Medalist. Never felt held back buy it or the $200 price tag. Rifle shot 1/2 moa in it easily. I am having a stock built by Kevin Rayhill at Stockade now. Just wanted something a little lighter and more friendly for hunting.

Didn't know the stocks shot bullets lol. I have em both and they are both good quality just really peronal opinion and what fits you best as a shooter.

Have 2 b&c stocks. A3 light tactical on a rem 700 and an a2 on a savage. That said its a coin toss between the 2 brands you mention.
Best advice I can give is watch the for sale adds and scoop up which ever you find a deal on.

The performance between any quality stocks should be nearly identical. I have seen that the block in the B&C stocks run all the way to the forend so the sling studs are threaded into it whereas the HS Precision studs are threaded into fiberglass and have been known to pull out under heavy use (loading bipods/slings). This is secondhand knowledge on my part, but I have heard it from reputable sources.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: predatornut</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The performance between any quality stocks should be nearly identical. I have seen that the block in the B&C stocks run all the way to the forend so the sling studs are threaded into it whereas the HS Precision studs are threaded into fiberglass and have been known to pull out under heavy use (loading bipods/slings). This is secondhand knowledge on my part, but I have heard it from reputable sources. </div></div>

I have seen it in person several times and is one of the reasons I don't use H&S Stocks.

I have three B&C Stocks and they have been exceptional. Some have reported having to relieve the barrel channel or bolt handle cutout where some of the coating built up, but I have not experienced this personally.

thanks for the heads up on the two. Sounds like B&C is the way to go if it is comfortable.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: para1505</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Does one stock shoot better than the stock or the other one </div></div>
Im sure one doesnt shoot any better, but I always buy H-S for some reason.

A lot will tell you HS isnt great, and others have other preferences. i can only speak to that which i have tried. there are a lot of good stocks out there. i own a remington 700 PSS, and it comes with an HS Precision stock. Point blank, i really really like it. its heavy, solid, my rifle shoots well with it, it seems to fit me well, i like the way it looks, and its a quality peice of gear.

If you are interested in one, look for a take off stock from one of the smiths on here like Mike @ TacOps or William Roscoe @ LA precision, or check the for sale section on here. Good peice of kit, and i'm really happy with it.

I've had a chance to shoot a friends rifle which wears a B & C medalist tactical stock. I like it, but it just doesnt seem to fit me or feel as solid as my HS stock does. In comparison, i am really happy with my HS and would not switch between the two.

-Paulus