• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

B&T APC 308

SneakyHenry

Private
Minuteman
May 26, 2020
Does anyone have any personal experience with this rifle? I’m specifically talking about the 14.5” model. However, any model, including the DMR 18.9” barreled option would also be welcomed.
I’ve owned my APC 308 for a few months and have several hundred rounds through it and it’s performed flawlessly and has to be the smoothest and softest 308 semi auto I’ve ever shot.
I’ve finally started to do some accuracy testing with this bad boy and it’s easily a 1MOA shooter with match ammo. I’m getting 1.5” groups consistently with radway green. I haven’t shot any farther than 100 yards on my private range but plan on thinning out some timber to be able to obtain a 300 yard range.
I just wanted to hear any testimonials from my fellow members on their experiences with the APC 308.

Reactions: JS8588
I'm going to reup this because the DMR version has caught my attention.

I don‘t have experience with the B&T APC308 version but I have shot the B&T APC300/556 version. I found the APC very front heavy. The handguard gets hot by the second magazine due to how the barrel attaches to the upper. The rear hydraulic buffer makes for a weird recoil impulse thats similar to a SCAR where the muzzle wants to go down when the bolt goes home. I thought of it like a boat - its fun to try your friend’s but not something I wanted to own. I also didn’t really like the SCAR or the Bren(2) so it could just be me.

D13D7E39-DFA3-4180-B5E2-52403B841813.jpeg

I had one. Pretty sweet rifle, only sold it to fund my bolt gun

I have the DMR variant. It's my favorite .308 rifle that I have owned and I've had AR-10s, SCARs (17 and 20), HK91s, FALs, and a Tavor 7. You are right on the money with how smooth the action is on them. Machining and build quality is flawless - definitely a step above a SCAR and I love SCARs. I replaced the Rotax II flash hider with a PWS brake like the SCAR 17 has and it shoots so soft and smooth it's ridiculous.

I've mostly ran irons on mine until just recently. I got a Razor Gen2 3-18 for it. I haven't done any accuracy testing with it yet and most of my ammo is Austrian surplus so I need to buy more .308 match ammo for it.

I don't have the 14.5" but I've heard the barrel on it is CHF/chrome lined, where-as on the DMR variant it is CHF/nitride supposedly to increase accuracy. I saw one guy on another site who has a DMR and he said his gun was consistently shooting sub-MOA with match ammo.

Here is a pic of my gun:
wo8yuuS.jpg

• Love