• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

B&T APC series

What I can tell you from an APC9 is that B&T's polymer (while effective) feels cheap, thin and has some sharp corners. Their metal/aluminum parts are precision craftsmanship that you'd expect from the Swiss.

B&T pretty much just borrows from other guns and puts their spin on it. If you want a AR18 derivative, SCAR-L type rifle that isn't the FN, the APC223 is for you.

Reactions: Forgetful Coyote
What I can tell you from an APC9 is that B&T's polymer (while effective) feels cheap, thin and has some sharp corners. Their metal/aluminum parts are precision craftsmanship that you'd expect from the Swiss.

B&T pretty much just borrows from other guns and puts their spin on it. If you want a AR18 derivative, SCAR-L type rifle that isn't the FN, the APC223 is for you.
Thats about what I figured.. a Swiss SCAR16/805 Bren

Yeah, but doesn't that .300BLK and 14" .308 look sweet? I'd like one but for $3k or so, it's not an easy decision and not one I can make sight unseen.

As for the plastic, I think it's a Swiss thing. The Kriss Vector is the same way. It's tougher than it looks though but I know what you mean. Not Glock or FN "plastic" for sure.

It does look an awful lot like the Bren but I'd like to see 'em taken apart side by side. Certain weapons I can buy sight unseen, this ain't one of 'em.

But one B&T product I figure is a must have is that USW kit for the Glocks (or Sig 320) --Form 1 a Glock 17 and make it into the smallest 9mm PDW period. Similar to the USW used in Gemini Man, dude on bike on the wall. It's more than a pistol, less than an SMG, probably just right for civilian PDW use and small enough to take anywhere. It's only $399, MSRP, so if you own a Glock and have use for one of these then it's a no brainer.

No experience with the 223, but the K sized 9mm is excellent.
No complaints here.
If I was in the market for a high end 5.56/.223 piston driven rifle, B&T would be first on my list to take a hard look at. The FN and Bren options don't seem too bad either though.

I have the apc300 and it’s the nicest rifle I currently own.
Quality Swiss workmanship. It shoots super smooth, and seems accurate enough. don’t shoot it much due to the Ammo cost on the 300 and I’ve contemplated selling it but it’s just too well made.
Something to pass down to the kids

One thing, in that video Garands big complaint is about the stock being too low, making it harder to manage recoil. However, that is done intentionally so you can use a low mount optic so you don’t have a lot of point of aim shift at close distances. His mount is too high for that rifle.

Funny, I have a apc9pro and both the proprietary lower and glock lower. The Glock lower seems to be much better quality, both polymer and ergonomics. The original it came with does seem cheaper, almost cz quality. Maybe they've made improvements

Funny, I have a apc9pro and both the proprietary lower and glock lower. The Glock lower seems to be much better quality, both polymer and ergonomics. The original it came with does seem cheaper, almost cz quality. Maybe they've made improvements

I'm talking more about the grip on the "PRO". The "sights" that come with it make the magpuls look tough, and the rails up front aren't top quality either. The lowers themselves seem OK. Their polymer game does not appear to be their strong suit if one thinks it matches their metalwerks.

I'm talking more about the grip on the "PRO". The "sights" that come with it make the magpuls look tough, and the rails up front aren't top quality either. The lowers themselves seem OK. Their polymer game does not appear to be their strong suit if one thinks it matches their metalwerks.
I agree with the polymer comments. But the important [upper receiver] parts of my APC are quality. The lower doesn't bother me so long as it holds the mags where they're supposed to sit and the FCG. I suppose it could be nicer, but I bought this as a SMG alternative to a MP5K.
I'm used to the MP5 clumped up welds, so this thing seems very nice by comparison.

I agree with the polymer comments. But the important [upper receiver] parts of my APC are quality. The lower doesn't bother me so long as it holds the mags where they're supposed to sit and the FCG. I suppose it could be nicer, but I bought this as a SMG alternative to a MP5K.
I'm used to the MP5 clumped up welds, so this thing seems very nice by comparison.

The gun itself is awesome. I dicked around with HK rollerlocks for 20 years, and while I'd love to have an SP5 or my 94's back, fucking around with roller lock maintenance and the bullshit HK market is not something I want. My B&T runs, and runs and runs. When I finally got down to disassembling it for the first time after 1000 rounds. I wiped off the bolt with a shop rag and it looks new again....no MP5 can say that...filthy things.

Another thing about the polymer, I'm noticing some depression in the feed lips of the mags; I had a few sit for a while fully loaded. I'm curious to see what the longevity of these polymer mags are, but they aren't horribly expensive for new. Not an issue one will see with the APC223.

Another thing about the polymer, I'm noticing some depression in the feed lips of the mags; I had a few sit for a while fully loaded. I'm curious to see what the longevity of these polymer mags are, but they aren't horribly expensive for new. Not an issue one will see with the APC223.
Me too. I'm keeping an eye on mine.
The Army's testing results comforts me a little but who knows in the long term.
The Glock lowers are always an option as well...

Me too. I'm keeping an eye on mine.
The Army's testing results comforts me a little but who knows in the long term.
The Glock lowers are always an option as well...

I’m a Glock mag for Glocks guy... it I get the appeal though.

am running the apc10 and apc9kpro - both form 1 spr with telescopic stocks. Have the G lower for the apc9kpro as well as the B&T. APC10 comes with G lower only. Have 6 mps (2x 9 std, 10mm , SD, K, reverse stretch). HKs cost me a lot more but the craftmanship of the B&T is incredible. Will be adding a APC300 to the safe soon.

am running the apc10 and apc9kpro - both form 1 spr with telescopic stocks. Have the G lower for the apc9kpro as well as the B&T. APC10 comes with G lower only. Have 6 mps (2x 9 std, 10mm , SD, K, reverse stretch). HKs cost me a lot more but the craftmanship of the B&T is incredible. Will be adding a APC300 to the safe soon.
Didn’t know B&T made a 10mm?
Anyway, sounds like you’re ballin bro.. posts some pics for us poors!

I picked up the APC 308 in 14” and 18 variants, and I can tell you it’s the most beautiful rifle I own. That’s when comparing to SCAR, KAC, Noveske to name a few.
the pros can tell you more about accuracy but this is definitely an incredibly well built rifle , and appears at first glance to be a much better value than the SCAR in my opinion.

Didn’t know B&T made a 10mm?
Anyway, sounds like you’re ballin bro.. posts some pics for us poors!

Just picked up the APC45 pro and APC 9SD PRO - thought i better get them in case. Will get some pics up on my Mp5 collection and apc collection here soon,

I picked up the APC 308 in 14” and 18 variants, and I can tell you it’s the most beautiful rifle I own. That’s when comparing to SCAR, KAC, Noveske to name a few.
the pros can tell you more about accuracy but this is definitely an incredibly well built rifle , and appears at first glance to be a much better value than the SCAR in my opinion.

100 percent agree. I’ve come to the conclusion that the Swiss make the highest quality military firearms.
If you think the Bt is nice get your hands on a San Swiss. They are all handmade and the attention to detail and quality is world class.

100 percent agree. I’ve come to the conclusion that the Swiss make the highest quality military firearms.
If you think the Bt is nice get your hands on a San Swiss. They are all handmade and the attention to detail and quality is world class.
This
Currently have a perfect functioning kidney for sale/trade for a SG 751(or 551 for that matter)

Reactions: Tonsofguns
I'm a big fan of the APC series of firearms from B&T. I think they are solid performers and about the only complaint I have is that I wish the quality of their current 9mm mags were a little more robust.

B&T group shot.jpg

i just picked up another APC - an APC300 --- so have the APC9KPRO, APC9SD pro, APC10, APC45 pro, TMP (gen 2) and APC 300 ... that rate up their with my MP5s (mp5/10, mp5, mp5sd, mp5 reverse stretch, mp5k, Sp5 (getting it converted)).

I sold my gen 1 APC300, GHM9, P26, KH9, two APC9SD's and just recently my APC308. I also plan on selling my APC 9, APC45, TP9 and GHM9C. That still leaves me with 4 HK PCC's... MP5, MP5K and two UMP's.. one in 9mm and one in 45acp. I've been trying to thin out recently due to the extremely negative political handwriting on the wall. I've finally gotten down to what I call my dirty dozen long guns. That is getting down to as low as I am willing to go. I have nothing against B&T and I love their APC series... I am keeping 3 B&T's... I just love my HK collection more.

i just picked up another APC - an APC300 --- so have the APC9KPRO, APC9SD pro, APC10, APC45 pro, TMP (gen 2) and APC 300 ... that rate up their with my MP5s (mp5/10, mp5, mp5sd, mp5 reverse stretch, mp5k, Sp5 (getting it converted)).
What do you like better APC10 vs MP5/10?

What do you like better APC10 vs MP5/10?

Shot the APC 10 last weekend - very nice, kicks less than the MP5 - handles a suppressor better also - but hey its an MP5 - 50 years difference between em. The best MP5 is the MP5SD and i have the APC9SD pro coming so will compare it soon. The hydraulic buffer in the APCs works so well. The 10/45/9 all kick about the same in the APC series.

I have both a B&T APC 45 can and a Omega45K .. I think the Omega45K on the APC 45 and 10 is very nice.

I have a APC223. It’s heavy but a very nice shooting rifle. I like it very much

I shot one a while back. Nothing about it was overly impressive. I still prefer the Robinson XCR.

I have APC9K pro, APC 10 pro, APC 45 Pro, KH9 SD , APC9 SD Pro, TP9, APC 300 ... i know your problem.

Are the tri lugs on the 9mm cut to H&K specs?

Ya that's essentially my question.

SilencerCo referenced a 'B&T spec' so it worried me my cans wouldn't work.

Thank y'all much!

Thank you! 3 lug? SilencerCo had a weird statements on their 3 lug system web page that I interpreted to mean you could not use their 3 lug mount on the APC 3 lug. I'm a silencer noob so that worried me since I have two in jail :(

Thank you!
Yup, I use a SiCo 3 lug adaptor and it locks on perfectly fine. B&T has really good QC on their lugs. I've never heard anything about sicos adaptor not working with an hk spec tri lug. I wouldn't waste any time worrying about it.

Reactions: ryllt
Ya that's essentially my question.

SilencerCo referenced a 'B&T spec' so it worried me my cans wouldn't work.

Thank y'all much!
I believe this is because HK never made a .45 tri lug. The UMP45 uses a conical thingy that latches to a proprietary can. So, B&T might be the group to have actually speced out the dimensions for the .45 3 lug.

Reactions: ryllt
APC 223 Pro series
Watched a number of vids on the APC 223 and noticed that at SHOT they announced updates (Pro) now with non-reciprocating charging handles, free-floating barrels and a number of other minor tweaks to eliminate the common though minor complaints about the current versions. Seems like waiting to buy the new ones makes the most sense. Does anyone have a feel for when they'll be hitting the market? Thank you.

APC 223 Pro series
Watched a number of vids on the APC 223 and noticed that at SHOT they announced updates (Pro) now with non-reciprocating charging handles, free-floating barrels and a number of other minor tweaks to eliminate the common though minor complaints about the current versions. Seems like waiting to buy the new ones makes the most sense. Does anyone have a feel for when they'll be hitting the market? Thank you.
The 'Pro' version also has an M-lok forend and new AR optic height friendly stock. I'll be looking at importing the 16" .308 version later in the year.
Screenshot_20220129-155522_YouTube.jpg

Screenshot_20220208-191529_Drive.jpg

Kind of looks like a Bren 2ms carbine

what's the trigger setup like in the AC300? AR compatible or APC compatible? (yes I'm asking because of a binary, some of us just like our range toys)

neat to hear the recoil on the APC10 is that light, makes the price easier to justify down the road

what's the trigger setup like in the AC300? AR compatible or APC compatible? (yes I'm asking because of a binary, some of us just like our range toys)

neat to hear the recoil on the APC10 is that light, makes the price easier to justify down the road

Trigger is supposed to be ar compatible, however, I tried to fit a triggertech trigger in it and it wouldn’t run correctly due to some clearance issue that I can’t remember now. Maybe with the bcg.
However triggers like geisseles shouldn’t be an issue

Spoke with the folks at Tarheel. They tried to exchange their APC223 orders for the newly updated versions, but couldn't be told by the B&T reps on when they will ship. Tarheel guys said that when it comes to B&T, a product could show up in a couple of days or a few months. No ability to plan. Regarding the new suppressors made in Tampa. Apparently they have supply chain challenges, so no ETA on those either. Just wanted to share a data point on this stuff.