• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

B&T Importing SVD

Makeshift Mando

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Sep 3, 2020
New Hampshire
Saw this post from the TFB. Love to see a company bringing in more SVDs. Also curious to see what happened to copper custom importing them. What do you guys think the price will be?

Attachments

• 0B04938B-A093-409F-9FA2-24A7FC87E610.jpeg
    0B04938B-A093-409F-9FA2-24A7FC87E610.jpeg
    871 KB · Views: 175
Reactions: carbonbased
Saw this post from the TFB. Love to see a company bringing in more SVDs. Also curious to see what happened to copper custom importing them. What do you guys think the price will be?
Holy shit

Also, $1 million pesos. Because I haven’t typed “pesos” in a looonng time.

(I hope it’s way cheaper!)

They estimated on TFBTV a price of $6000. That includes scope, 2 mags, and apparently a flash hider that has to be pinned on later by a gunsmith.

At least these won't go on gun broker for a fake 10 mil a pop.

It's about 18,000 dollars if they are talking Philippine or Dominican Peso's, 25,000 if it's the uruguay peso. Best bet is the Argentine Peso, 5,500 bucks. Though there are others.
How much is that in fbitcoin? Asking for a friend.

They estimated on TFBTV a price of $6000. That includes scope, 2 mags, and apparently a flash hider that has to be pinned on later by a gunsmith.

At least these won't go on gun broker for a fake 10 mil a pop.
They mentioned in the B&T article that what the rep said in the video was wrong. MSRP will be $7500. And at that price, I'm out.

Rob's entertaining comparison of a Chinese SVD vs his M21 replica (testing out to 700 yards):

...for half the price of a Chinese SVD - you can get an American rifle made with twice the quality, and a much better vintage 3-9x optic system...

Last edited:
Reactions: Average guy
SVD’s remind me of the FRF2 French rifles a little. I just like that wood vibe. There’s a thread around the hide that has a lot of info about them.

Oh well. I like smaller calibers (6mmBR & lower) so both of these fine rifles will be for others.

A dealer here in So Cal had them on the site last week for $7500 for free states and a CA model for $7590 or some nonsense.

• Haha
Reactions: Huskydriver
Ugh, I need this like I need a hole in my head, but I've always wanted one!

I remember seeing advertisements for the Chinese NDM86 in 308 for $2k in Shotgun news around 20 years ago.
I started saving money for it, but got distracted and spent the money on other stuff.
Today I despise my younger, impulsive teenage self!

Would anybody honestly pay more than $9.95 for a rifle like this?
There was a time when AKs went for a few hundred bucks. I bought one, and promptly gave it to my father in law with ~980/1000 rounds of 7.62x39 I purchased when I picked up the rifle.

These are strange times for sure.

I remember SKS carbines and spam cans of ammo selling for $99 at gun shows.

If they were still that cheap I wouldn’t buy that shit. 😂

Reactions: vinniedelpino
Romanian PSL rifles are selling for $2500 now. I guess these are just the absurd times we are living in. I might pay $2000 for the SVD, but they are not worth more than that in my opinion.