• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

B14r vs. BMR?

jeremydc

Private
Minuteman
Sep 1, 2021
Guam
Hi everyone anyone know the difference between the two rifles?
I feel im on the fence of buying a new gun to add to my collection and I was thinking of going Bergara because its a "poor mans vudoo" I feel this name came from the B14r because the BMR just came out.

Would anyone know if the accuracy or actions are the same? Maybe even the barrel? I know the mags are different.

On the fence because i see the B14 r carbon on Kygunco for $880 and the BMR on impactguns for $477.

Any info about both guns would be appreciated. I cant seem to find much about the BMR or its accuracy

Reactions: chemist1
Different magazines, smaller action, thinner barrel. Supposed to have the same match chamber. Only similarity is the usage of the Rem 700 pattern trigger.

My BMR is not as accurate as my B14R...about 50%-60% as accurate using the same ammo. You get what you pay for with the B14R....and get the steel barrel. The "carbon" barrel is not a true carbon barrel...it's just a hollow tube covering up a pencil barrel.

If accuracy is your goal, the B14R is what you want. I picked up the BMR for a walkin' in the woods gun, because it is half the weight. Not joking...my BMR with scope+bipod weighs just over 7lbs, while my B14R weights nearly 16 lbs.

Different magazines, smaller action, thinner barrel. Supposed to have the same match chamber. Only similarity is the usage of the Rem 700 pattern trigger.

My BMR is not as accurate as my B14R...about 50%-60% as accurate using the same ammo. You get what you pay for with the B14R....and get the steel barrel. The "carbon" barrel is not a true carbon barrel...it's just a hollow tube covering up a pencil barrel.

If accuracy is your goal, the B14R is what you want. I picked up the BMR for a walkin' in the woods gun, because it is half the weight. Not joking...my BMR with scope+bipod weighs just over 7lbs, while my B14R weights nearly 16 lbs.
Thanks! Nice to hear from someone actually having both rifles to get a real comparison from. If you don't mind me asking, how did your BMR group, if you ever tested groupings on them?

Also the B14R is compatible with Remington 700 (scope rails, chassis/stocks, triggers), the BMR is, apart from the trigger, proprietary. And the B14R comes with a nice, stock with integral aluminium "mini chassis" and adjustable cheek riser.

I can say that my B14R is pretty accurate. See attached images. I replaced the bolt knob with a Vudoo knob and developed
a trigger mod that brought the pull down to 11 once's. That cost me $20.00 and 20 minutes of my time. It's not as close to
perfect as my V22 is but it's a great value. The two targets shot were done with the factory trigger set to it's minimum 2 pounds
4 once's.

The factory bolt knob was too short giving it less leverage and it's knurling was too sharp. The Vudoo knob is longer, heavier,
and has a very comfortable contour. I also use them on my 3 457s. In that case you need to use an adapter like the Lumley.
It reduces the threads from 5/16-24 down to M6-1.0 and is only $10.00.

You may at least look into the carbon B14R as the all steel gun is a bit heavy and I only use mine on the bench.

What exactly makes the B14R " The poor mans Vudoo" ?? ;-) I married my Bergara to my Vudoo chassis and put the Trigger
Tech Diamond into her and decided that the Bergara was good enough that I don't need to spend a bunch of cash on her.
I use her for my factory class gun at our local shoots.

I really like the NRA blue on my V22 but I can Cerakote the B14R to any color I want. Maybe US Marine red. Truly I will likely
leave it as is.

Good luck in your choice.

Attachments

• 7-21-21-A.jpg
    7-21-21-A.jpg
    520.8 KB · Views: 481
  • VUDOO V22.JPG
    VUDOO V22.JPG
    326.3 KB · Views: 334
  • 20200926_115413.jpg
    20200926_115413.jpg
    746.5 KB · Views: 364
  • LUMLEY.jpg
    LUMLEY.jpg
    342.3 KB · Views: 327
  • VUDOO BOLT KNOB.jpg
    VUDOO BOLT KNOB.jpg
    500.8 KB · Views: 361
  • B14R TRIGGER JOB.jpg
    B14R TRIGGER JOB.jpg
    404.2 KB · Views: 415
  • 10 SHOTS @ 50 YARDS  .34 CTC.jpg
    10 SHOTS @ 50 YARDS .34 CTC.jpg
    371.8 KB · Views: 428
  • NEW TARGET.jpg
    NEW TARGET.jpg
    542.6 KB · Views: 437
Reactions: Ziloooo
I can say that my B14R is pretty accurate. See attached images. I replaced the bolt knob with a Vudoo knob and developed
a trigger mod that brought the pull down to 11 once's. That cost me $20.00 and 20 minutes of my time. It's not as close to
perfect as my V22 is but it's a great value. The two targets shot were done with the factory trigger set to it's minimum 2 pounds
4 once's.

The factory bolt knob was too short giving it less leverage and it's knurling was too sharp. The Vudoo knob is longer, heavier,
and has a very comfortable contour. I also use them on my 3 457s. In that case you need to use an adapter like the Lumley.

You may at least look into the carbon B14R as the all steel gun is a bit heavy and I only use mine on the bench.

What exactly makes the B14R " The poor mans Vudoo" ?? ;-) I married my Bergara to my Vudoo chassis and put the Trigger
Tech Diamond into her and decided that the Bergara was good enough that I don't need to spend a bunch of cash on her.

I really like the NRA blue on my V22 but I can Cerakote the B14R to any color I want. Maybe US Marine red. Truly I will likely
leave it as is.

Thank you for all your feedback! Appreciate the help. Now I'm pretty sure I want the B14r. I think a V22 would be overkill where I'm at as 22lr stuff is just starting out and theres nothing too serious or crazy where I need vudoo accuracy yet.

My B14R is just as accurate as my Vudoo is. It's just not the machining marvel that the V22 is. Everything that Vudoo does is top shelf
where as the B14R is simply very nice CNC grade. Still very good product.

Thanks! Nice to hear from someone actually having both rifles to get a real comparison from. If you don't mind me asking, how did your BMR group, if you ever tested groupings on them?
I’ve done the same ammo testing with both rifles. For comparison, Lapua Center-X 6x5 target at 50 yards (group average); B14R was 0.33”, BMR was 0.48”.

I use both for NRL22 competitions. BMR for base class, B14R for open class.

I’ve done the same ammo testing with both rifles. For comparison, Lapua Center-X 6x5 target at 50 yards (group average); B14R was 0.33”, BMR was 0.48”.

Do you run both classes the same match? If so, do you run both classes in the same squad, the way people do in Rimfire Challenge, when they run open/optic and iron...run one class, then later in the squad run the other class?

Do you run both classes the same match? If so, do you run both classes in the same squad, the way people do in Rimfire Challenge, when they run open/optic and iron...run one class, then later in the squad run the other class?
My local range doesn’t do squads. I shoot all stages with one rifle, then swap rifles and do it all again.

Reactions: Cowpokey

Were these lot tested rounds? Those margins don't seem that big given the price difference

Were these lot tested rounds? Those margins don't seem that big given the price difference
Lot tested for the B14R. Just used the same on the BMR. Also, that is an average of six 5-shot groups. It's an average of 37% difference. Keep in mind this is the best of the best ammo I tested. YMMV. I shot CCI Std, RWS Target Rifle, Eley Match, Eley Long Range, RWS R100, Lapua Center-X, and Federal Auto Match (for fun!). Lapua Center-X shot the best, with Eley Long Range coming in 2nd (6x5 average @50 was 0.52" with the BMR). CCI Standard was 3rd with a 0.54" average, which will be what I shoot in matches (it's good enough for base class shooting at a price point).

Here is the data for the Center-X...I don't know where the targets are at...I'll see if I can find them. I tend to keep data and discard targets.
B14R - .39, .35, .25, .31, .35.
BMR - .60, .50, .43, .47, .40.

The BMR is a great rifle for the money...but it's not a B14R. For one, I hate the BMR stock. I've gotten so used to having a nearly 90 degree grip on all my other rifles, that I absolutely hate everything else. It's a solid stock otherwise, nicely free floated and fits well. But....I hate the grip angle. As soon as Boyd's makes a Pro Varmint for the action, that's what it will be living in...fingers crossed for a KRG Bravo, but that's a long shot.

I ordered a B14R the other day. This thread mirrors what lots of hours of research I did told me as well as several members helping guide me. Glad I found this to reinforce my decision as well

Reactions: AZ Dan
Lot tested for the B14R. Just used the same on the BMR. Also, that is an average of six 5-shot groups. It's an average of 37% difference. Keep in mind this is the best of the best ammo I tested. YMMV. I shot CCI Std, RWS Target Rifle, Eley Match, Eley Long Range, RWS R100, Lapua Center-X, and Federal Auto Match (for fun!). Lapua Center-X shot the best, with Eley Long Range coming in 2nd (6x5 average @50 was 0.52" with the BMR). CCI Standard was 3rd with a 0.54" average, which will be what I shoot in matches (it's good enough for base class shooting at a price point).

Here is the data for the Center-X...I don't know where the targets are at...I'll see if I can find them. I tend to keep data and discard targets.
B14R - .39, .35, .25, .31, .35.
BMR - .60, .50, .43, .47, .40.

The BMR is a great rifle for the money...but it's not a B14R. For one, I hate the BMR stock. I've gotten so used to having a nearly 90 degree grip on all my other rifles, that I absolutely hate everything else. It's a solid stock otherwise, nicely free floated and fits well. But....I hate the grip angle. As soon as Boyd's makes a Pro Varmint for the action, that's what it will be living in...fingers crossed for a KRG Bravo, but that's a long shot.
Thanks for the input. Loving the data points and info shared. Especially happy to hear that CCI SV is a decent shooter. That's literally the only rounds I have locally in Guam

I have a BMR. Shoots really well with Center X, then SK in the red printed box, then TAC22 and CCI std vel. My wallet likes the TAC22 the best so that's what I shoot most.

I've got no complaints about how it shoots but if you're planning on doing PRS style matches, it isn't the right tool for the job. I've bodged a cheek riser on it for the Vortex Venom that I stuck on there when I figured out that the 4-12 scope I started with wasn't going to cut it.

I've got a bid on a CZ on gunbroker, so we'll see if I'm going that route next or not

M

4 once's.

leave it as is.

don't ever buy a carbon barrel

I picked up a demo BMR from euro optic for $400, can't say I'm disappointed at all.
Quick $10-15 for a 4-40 tap (had one, just wanted a spare) and a few 5/8 long 4-40 allen set screws for the trigger trick and it's a damn nice little .22.

Head shot a fast moving prairie rattler yesterday, 1 shot 1 kill @ about 30 yards.

I tried all of the Bergara .22s with a carbon barrel (BMR, B14, the 10-22 look alike?) and did not like the feel of them.
They are too light to swing on a moving target and just feel un-natural.
I don't shoot competition any more and never will again due to health....but I do take shots at fast moving critters pretty often.
You'd have to mess with the magazine stop (as I did) to get the action smoothed up.

I picked up a demo BMR from euro optic for $400, can't say I'm disappointed at all.
Quick $10-15 for a 4-40 tap (had one, just wanted a spare) and a few 5/8 long 4-40 allen set screws for the trigger trick and it's a damn nice little .22.

Head shot a fast moving prairie rattler yesterday, 1 shot 1 kill @ about 30 yards.

I tried all of the Bergara .22s with a carbon barrel (BMR, B14, the 10-22 look alike?) and did not like the feel of them.
They are too light to swing on a moving target and just feel un-natural.
I don't shoot competition any more and never will again due to health....but I do take shots at fast moving critters pretty often.
You'd have to mess with the magazine stop (as I did) to get the action smoothed up.
I had just realized it was a 22. Mine is a 300 WM. Carbon is a bad word, i don't know if they work in a 22. but for anything else. useless. they have a 3-5 max then your zero can go 6-8" to the left or right, absolutley useless for anything other than 1-2 game kill, the Sadest thing you'll ever see is a guy with a $6800 AR10 in 300WM not hit paper at 100 after only 3! shots.

I bought both the Carbon and Steel B14R's, planned to keep the most accurate. Long story short after about 500 rounds down both, no noticeable difference, both pretty solid 1moa 10 round groups at 50 yds (occasional fliers, blamed ammo) with SK Standard Plus and CCI Standard Velocity ammo. Out 100+ yards Steel barrel seemed to be a little better which I attributed to weight.
I ended up keeping the Carbon Barreled one since my main use is Quail and other small game and critter hunting. The guy that bought it says it is very close to his Kreiger/VuDoo that seems better at long range, which is once again heavier...........

Reactions: Paradox
20220607_201124.jpg
20220607_201136.jpg

5 Sighters....then 20 rounds fired consecutively. Two 96/100 scores.
Prone...rear bag. 50yds. Carbon B14R in AICS. Old Rifle Basix trigger. Secondhand Gen 2 Razor.
20220607_201638.jpg

I haven't seen a fucking shred of evidence that the carbons on average aren't every bit as accurate. People who keep saying they aren't as good better start showing some fucking proof. I have at least 7 steel barrel competitors near me. Not one of them given the chance is leaps and bounds ahead my carbon gun.
20220618_224942.jpg

Different day...same carbon gun. The shots for score are done concurrent after sighters. 97/100 at 50yds.

Reactions: 308pirate
View attachment 7894427View attachment 7894428

5 Sighters....then 20 rounds fired consecutively. Two 96/100 scores.
Prone...rear bag. 50yds. Carbon B14R in AICS. Old Rifle Basix trigger. Secondhand Gen 2 Razor.
View attachment 7894430
I haven't seen a fucking shred of evidence that the carbons on average aren't every bit as accurate. People who keep saying they aren't as good better start showing some fucking proof. I have at least 7 steel barrel competitors near me. Not one of them given the chance is leaps and bounds ahead my carbon gun.
View attachment 7894443

Different day...same carbon gun. The shots for score are done concurrent after sighters. 97/100 at 50yds.
100 percent fact, seen first hand, they're for weight reduction, period, I didn't say they weren't accurate either, i said they get hot under 10 rounds and lose all accuracy. Like most you probably don't realize they have a steal core, you can't rifle Resin!, further proving you don't know, or that Both Carbon and Fiber use the same epoxy resin, the matt is what makes i strong. they take stainless barrel and machine it down to just enough to hold the rifling. Next go find me a police sniper with one. first they want a 12-15 pound rifle, for a reasons of stability, with a .22 its slight less of an issue, but show me a 300wm or 338 lapua that anyone wanted to make lighter. Christ, my fucking DPMS 308 weighs 17.5 loaded.

Bottom line,, weight reduction, heat faster, but cool faster, and the true purpose so you can think you're cool. Leave the exotic materials to Race bikes and Formula one. Oh and one last thing, what's the purpose of that Bull Contour on your .22, Stiffness and Heat resistance. and while you may have those using them, but don't kid yourself is more ego, if they're .22 like yours why would they want it light, as yours look pretty hefty as it should and rigidity can't play much role with tiny calibers, so there's not one thing carbon will benefit them over what you, so the advantage is zero and while the Carbon has a shit ton more strength the fault is in the liner. Ask the guy I shot with that insisted on a 22" carbon against the advice of the manufacturer of his $6800 AR in 300WM. 3-5 rounds and that pig couldn't even hit paper at 100. Spent the whole day a few shots cool 10, shoot cool 10.

But hey don't believe me, i've just seen them, and told to stay away on any gun i every bought that had the option.

100 percent fact, seen first hand, they're for weight reduction, period, I didn't say they weren't accurate either, i said they get hot under 10 rounds and lose all accuracy. Like most you probably don't realize they have a steal core, you can't rifle Resin!, further proving you don't know, or that Both Carbon and Fiber use the same epoxy resin, the matt is what makes i strong. they take stainless barrel and machine it down to just enough to hold the rifling. Next go find me a police sniper with one. first they want a 12-15 pound rifle, for a reasons of stability, with a .22 its slight less of an issue, but show me a 300wm or 338 lapua that anyone wanted to make lighter. Christ, my fucking DPMS 308 weighs 17.5 loaded.

Bottom line,, weight reduction, heat faster, but cool faster, and the true purpose so you can think you're cool. Leave the exotic materials to Race bikes and Formula one. Oh and one last thing, what's the purpose of that Bull Contour on your .22, Stiffness and Heat resistance. and while you may have those using them, but don't kid yourself is more ego, if they're .22 like yours why would they want it light, as yours look pretty hefty as it should and rigidity can't play much role with tiny calibers, so there's not one thing carbon will benefit them over what you, so the advantage is zero and while the Carbon has a shit ton more strength the fault is in the liner. Ask the guy I shot with that insisted on a 22" carbon against the advice of the manufacturer of his $6800 AR in 300WM. 3-5 rounds and that pig couldn't even hit paper at 100. Spent the whole day a few shots cool 10, shoot cool 10.

But hey don't believe me, i've just seen them, and told to stay away on any gun i every bought that had the option.
The B14R carbon is different than, say, a Proof carbon. The B14R carbon barrel is almost pure gimmick, just a sleeve slipped over the pencil barrel core then compressed in place (and that compression changes when the barrel warms up and lengthens, hence the accuracy issues). Proof, Bartlein, and I believe Carbon Six barrels start with a pencil barrel, yes, but are wrapped with CF and resin that permanently bond to the steel in all dimensions; it’s a very different technology, with very different performance, and very different price point.

Attachments

• 55583551-A94F-4C27-AB8B-2E430D9A6E5F.jpeg
    55583551-A94F-4C27-AB8B-2E430D9A6E5F.jpeg
    18.4 KB · Views: 45
This Original DPMS Precision 24" Bull with Professional can manage .5 or under, So I'm not sure Carbon would serve any other purpose than fueling egos or wanting other to know it cost more than the whole gun.

Visit a range that has a 800-1000 yard lane, and you'll find somebody with carbon, then you can see for yourself. and in the end If a barrel manufacturer steers you clear on something they could make a bundle on plus seeing in person why would I make up a story? If I make a claim you can be sure i've got the pictures and T shirt to back it up.

Attachments

• unnamed (5).jpg
    unnamed (5).jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 49
4 once's.

leave it as is.

I have one in 300WM, and think its great, although theres always someone calling it a poor mans 700 because of the price point. They prove bargain price doesn't mean poor performance. But thats the same crowd that believes that $2500 AR15 Carbine actually buys them something over a $600 PSA. My only mistake is I should have gone with a 308, because the 300 Ammo right now is insanely priced, and the closes range to me at 975 yards is just too short with match 300wm going for $2.50 and up per round and the last match grade 308 i got for under .50 cents. Then again I paid just over $900 for it, so i might just buy another, and with a total of $1800 to own both its a bargain I don't think you could find with any other Brand.

This Original DPMS Precision 24" Bull with Professional can manage .5 or under, So I'm not sure Carbon would serve any other purpose than fueling egos or wanting other to know it cost more than the whole gun.

Visit a range that has a 800-1000 yard lane, and you'll find somebody with carbon, then you can see for yourself. and in the end If a barrel manufacturer steers you clear on something they could make a bundle on plus seeing in person why would I make up a story? If I make a claim you can be sure i've got the pictures and T shirt to back it up.
What is your point? Carbon barrels have no difference in accuracy between their steel counterparts. Between this site and the rest of the internet everyone is buying a carbon barrel for either a lightweight hunting rifle or some form of a NRL Hunter match gun. Both are buying for weight reasons and weight reasons alone. What’s the most a hunter is going to shoot? Twice? Maybe three times when he is zeroing? The most you will shoot in a NRL match is eight. What barrel manufacturers are steering people away from carbon?

What is your point? Carbon barrels have no difference in accuracy between their steel counterparts. Between this site and the rest of the internet everyone is buying a carbon barrel for either a lightweight hunting rifle or some form of a NRL Hunter match gun. Both are buying for weight reasons and weight reasons alone. What’s the most a hunter is going to shoot? Twice? Maybe three times when he is zeroing? The most you will shoot in a NRL match is eight. What barrel manufacturers are steering people away from carbon?

Pointe is there not worth a shit if you plan on spending for five hours actually shooting. I’m not talking about hunting I’m not talking about competitions. That said however if you plan on shooting a lot they don’t work. Therefore the point was geared towards those that think they’re going to gain something in there every day shooting with it, which you will not, and you cannot train with them. Do you have any law-enforcement experience? Do you know anything about how they train? I work for a big department, shock on training was 250 rounds of buckshot and slugs eight hours a day for five days. Pistol training was also hundreds of rounds over five day., And for marksman they may train twice a month, and if you’re gonna shoot 250 rounds a day car was just not quite going to make it. That said those with more money than information, buy an expensive rifle and then think they need an $1800 barrel on it because it looks pretty, along with a how strong carbon fiber is. Like I said before it’s best left for my race bikes, and Formula One drivers. And lastly I’m still trying to figure out how some people in competition still don’t even realize it’s a regular steel core. I was attempting to write a little information. Perhaps more people Did some research they might learn something, unfortunately on this page everyone seems to be their own expert and beyond further learning. I’ll diagnose you with DV Allison syndrome as well, and I’ll give you 100 bucks if you can tell me what that means

The B14R carbon is different than, say, a Proof carbon. The B14R carbon barrel is almost pure gimmick, just a sleeve slipped over the pencil barrel core then compressed in place (and that compression changes when the barrel warms up and lengthens, hence the accuracy issues). Proof, Bartlein, and I believe Carbon Six barrels start with a pencil barrel, yes, but are wrapped with CF and resin that permanently bond to the steel in all dimensions; it’s a very different technology, with very different performance, and very different price point.

Ignore that idiot

Reactions: TheBigCountry
Fuck you, Davie, how about posting something, instead of pretending to be a fucking expert, yeah I made a fucking contribution to anything anywhere on this fucking place. So fuck you, fuck your grammar, and fuck your imaginary fucking guns that you don’t have, unless you go back to your fucking basement in mommies house lol , I can fuck with you forever, have fun having to go to work tomorrow jerk off

Fuck you, Davie, how about posting something, instead of pretending to be a fucking expert, yeah I made a fucking contribution to anything anywhere on this fucking place. So fuck you, fuck your grammar, and fuck your imaginary fucking guns that you don’t have, unless you go back to your fucking basement in mommies house lol , I can fuck with you forever, have fun having to go to work tomorrow jerk off
@Bender I found a new glowie
0268D358-057E-41DC-9EE3-240D57D6D3C5.jpeg

Pointe is there not worth a shit if you plan on spending for five hours actually shooting. I’m not talking about hunting I’m not talking about competitions. That said however if you plan on shooting a lot they don’t work. Therefore the point was geared towards those that think they’re going to gain something in there every day shooting with it, which you will not, and you cannot train with them. Do you have any law-enforcement experience? Do you know anything about how they train? I work for a big department, shock on training was 250 rounds of buckshot and slugs eight hours a day for five days. Pistol training was also hundreds of rounds over five day., And for marksman they may train twice a month, and if you’re gonna shoot 250 rounds a day car was just not quite going to make it. That said those with more money than information, buy an expensive rifle and then think they need an $1800 barrel on it because it looks pretty, along with a how strong carbon fiber is. Like I said before it’s best left for my race bikes, and Formula One drivers. And lastly I’m still trying to figure out how some people in competition still don’t even realize it’s a regular steel core. I was attempting to write a little information. Perhaps more people Did some research they might learn something, unfortunately on this page everyone seems to be their own expert and beyond further learning. I’ll diagnose you with DV Allison syndrome as well, and I’ll give you 100 bucks if you can tell me what that means
Who said they are gaining anything besides weight savings on carbon barrels? Why in the world would any law enforcement agency buy a carbon barrel? No one doing anything high round count is purchasing carbon barrels. People thinking that the barrel is carbon fiber all the way through just can't read. Every company selling one has a description where it clearly states its a stainless blank turned down to a smaller profile. Digging into the weeds here but I can pick up a Proof carbon prefit for my gun for right at $850, not sure where the $1800 comes from.

Who said they are gaining anything besides weight savings on carbon barrels? Why in the world would any law enforcement agency buy a carbon barrel? No one doing anything high round count is purchasing carbon barrels. People thinking that the barrel is carbon fiber all the way through just can't read. Every company selling one has a description where it clearly states its a stainless blank turned down to a smaller profile. Digging into the weeds here but I can pick up a Proof carbon prefit for my gun for right at $850, not sure where the $1800 comes from.
This guy is so lost in his own mind it’s comical. He’s now made it into the pit with his dribble.

Reactions: Ubaderb
I just started to put out a new range in the side yard this weekend. It's 265 yards now. I have been using SK and
Center X with very good results. From the look of it, If I want to shoot before 10 AM, while the grass is still wet, I'm
going to have to install a side wall on the left side and rear.

I recently tried some ELEY Match ( black box ) and some TENEX. The B14R loved them both. I don't believe the difference
warrants the cost difference between the two ammo types. I put a Jewell HVR trigger in the B14R a few months ago and at
first it felt great. But now after some live fire and intense concentration on the blade, I will need to replace it with
something else. I suspect that 98 out of 100 people wouldn't even notice what I do but..... It's sliding
friction and it's near impossible to cover that up. I hope I can find someone at the LGC that has a B&A for me to try.

BTW.... do I feel the HVR trigger has any negative effect on POI ? NO I DONT ! I just feel it, it then it diverts my attention
and focus. I want to fucus on the target only ..... then I want the trigger to go off all on it's own as if by magic.
When that happens, it's almost always a TEN !

In the first image just high and right of center, there is a small blue dot. That is the 250 marker. ( No scale ) The other
targets will go down the left hand side. The sun shade blocks most of the sun based on the product you buy. The small holes
allow some water and air to pass so that your shade doesn't get torn out of the ground. And my favorite part, which is
the part that allows me to be comfortable enough to shoot is the battery fan !! If I'm miserable in the heat and humidity,
I'm not going outside. For now I'm looking into ELEY and may even send my B14R for testing.

I also tried some ELEY Club..... It didn't shoot very well and the shot went off like Baaanng. Bothe the Black box and
TENEX had a short crisp report. BANG!

Attachments

• 2A ~ 250 @ BLUE DOT.jpg
    2A ~ 250 @ BLUE DOT.jpg
    747 KB · Views: 46
  • 20220603_080820.jpg
    20220603_080820.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 38
  • FAN ON TABLE.jpg
    FAN ON TABLE.jpg
    548.6 KB · Views: 50
Last edited:
Wondering about your trigger. Could it possibly be a mental issue. In the days when I could shoot, and shooting perfect IHMSA scores was a given and expected (or I would lose any chance to win the match) when I got to the 10th ram (40th target) needing a 40x40 score, my 2.5 ounce Mike Dewey trigger felt like a hundred pounds. As you have made real progress with your rifle, might it be that the concentration has made the feel of the trigger unacceptable? Nothing wrong with replacing it, not critical of your thoughts, just wanted to throw that out for your consideration.

(XP-100 with the Dewey Trigger)
B887C658-EE6A-44C2-81E3-E46D1207A15B.jpeg