• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

BA MOA guarentee

Dildobaggins

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 26, 2020
So I just finished an Aero M4E1 build. Has a gov profile 1/7 twist BA barrel. Before I bought the upper, I was searching the internet for this supposed "MOA guarentee." However, I've never actually seen it. I took mine out this weekend with about 8 different factory loads, after a 100 shot break in, and continuous cleaning. The best group I got was from Barnes precision 69gr OTM at about 1.25" The other was from a 6 dollar box of federal american eagle 62 grain fmj, at about 1.5". Tried Aguila, Hornady Vmax, Federal. I know its not me. I brought my brother out with me who is a far superior shot than I am, and he was getting the same groupings. Just out of curiosity, has anyone actually ever shot a sub MOA at 100yds with a BA? I have watched about 20 vids. Everyone says. "Oh i had a mirage, Oh I had a flyer, Oh it was the wind, etc. Thanks guys.

Yes. The 6.5creedmoor BA I have shoots very good. I had a 6.5grendel BA that didn’t perform. They replaced it without any fuss.

Do you have any other AR’s that shoot sub moa consistently? A lot of ppl think that it “isn’t me”, but driving an AR is different than shooting a bolt gun.

9299006F-A268-4D46-88CC-F25ADB6B766B.jpeg

Reactions: diggler1833
I own a Tikka t3x., a Ruger ar 556. stag varminter etc. Obviously not looking to get the same kind of accuracy from the tikka as this gun. I shoot off a bipod and sand bag while prone with a Nikon Prostaff 4-12x40mm scope. My Ruger will shoot .75 groups with 55gr hornady vmax consistently, and I got that gun for $450...and the trigger breaks at about 8 pounds haha. I've shot with many who thought they where a "good shot." I'm not saying i'm world class by any stretch, but I know for a fact i'm good enough with good ammo to get sub MOA. Also, not trying to be rude, but those are with a 6.5 creedmoor. not a 5.56

I’ve been able to get 2-2.5in 3 shot groups at 200yds with a 12.3 Hanson. I was pretty happy with that. I think the BA premium lines are a bit easier to get groups with. I don’t too caught up with group sizes or moa ability with a non-precision AR though. You could also throw on a higher power optic for testing.

Reactions: Dildobaggins
Also, not trying to be rude, but those are with a 6.5 creedmoor. not a 5.56
That thought did not escape me, but it was a BA Barrel, which was what your inquiry was about.

While I don’t have pics, because it wasn’t my barrel, I did shoot one of their 18” SPR barrels with IMI Razorcore 77gr and had back to back 5 shot groups that were under .8moa. I do think they use different blanks for their premium series barrels. In the past, most of the premium series blanks were reported as being Douglas blanks. I’m not sure what the other tiers use.

Based on my experience with the 6.5grendel that didn’t perform, I’d reach out to them to get an RMA and return it.

That thought did not escape me, but it was a BA Barrel, which was what your inquiry was about.

While I don’t have pics, because it wasn’t my barrel, I did shoot one of their 18” SPR barrels with IMI Razorcore 77gr and had back to back 5 shot groups that were under .8moa. I do think they use different blanks for their premium series barrels. In the past, most of the premium series blanks were reported as being Douglas blanks. I’m not sure what the other tiers use.

Based on my experience with the 6.5grendel that didn’t perform, I’d reach out to them to get an RMA and return it.
I have some night ops 77gr smk coming in a few days. If that does not give me the 1 Moa or under may have to. The highest gr I shot was 69. The thought of buying it and having to return and get a new one espeically right now with the pandemic is making me sick. Haha. I doubt they would give me my money back. We'll see. I'm lookong into a faxon flame and a criterion 223 wydle. Perhaps that will give me better results on my next build.

I’ve been able to get 2-2.5in 3 shot groups at 200yds with a 12.3 Hanson. I was pretty happy with that. I think the BA premium lines are a bit easier to get groups with. I don’t too caught up with group sizes or moa ability with a non-precision AR though. You could also throw on a higher power optic for testing.
That never crossed my mind. I know it's only 100 yards, but its not the easiest to see with a 12 power...for me anyway.

BA roulette...............

I think their "guarantee" is only on their premium barrels, 3 shot group with match ammo (Fed GM or equivalent.

Don't know if their "guarantee" actually goes so far as to say that they'll replace the barrel.

They are not on my approved supplier list................LOL ;)

MM

BA roulette...............

I think their "guarantee" is only on their premium barrels, 3 shot group with match ammo (Fed GM or equivalent.

Don't know if their "guarantee" actually goes so far as to say that they'll replace the barrel.

They are not on my approved supplier list................LOL ;)

MM
From what I read its on the barrel I got. Also, I think you're right. They give a guarnetee on sub MOA but back it with nothing. Looks like I'm probably stuck. I'm doing another build. Are a faxon flame or a criterion 223 wylde on your approved list? Lol Hopefully I'll get better results with one of those. Still researching though.

I have a BA in .223 Wylde that has been pretty finicky.

I haven't played with it enough to say that the rifle will never shoot well, but I did find a load for my Mk318 Mod 0 bullets over CFE 223 that shoots ~1.5 MOA. For a combat bullet that's good enough for me. Brass is LC, and in good condition.

I've got down around 1.3 MOA with 68gr Hornady BTHP, but I'm really hampering it by using pretty beat up RP brass. I'm not expecting match accuracy though using cases that have various little dings in them.

Range for these groups is also 160 yards (my shop to pond berm), so maybe they would shrink just a tiny bit if I moved the target to 100.

I have a BA in .223 Wylde that has been pretty finicky.

I haven't played with it enough to say that the rifle will never shoot well, but I did find a load for my Mk318 Mod 0 bullets over CFE 223 that shoots ~1.5 MOA. For a combat bullet that's good enough for me. Brass is LC, and in good condition.

I've got down around 1.3 MOA with 68gr Hornady BTHP, but I'm really hampering it by using pretty beat up RP brass. I'm not expecting match accuracy though using cases that have various little dings in them.

Range for these groups is also 160 yards (my shop to pond berm), so maybe they would shrink just a tiny bit if I moved the target to 100.
That's probably another issue. I dont reload. Id like to get into it. I am using it for home defense/plinking/varmint hunting. 1.5 inches probably wont matter too much on fox and coyote, with ballistic tips or soft points. I know I'm being picky, but they offered a guarentee, so I want to see it.