• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Baby Glock

DoubleGobble00

Private
Minuteman
Jun 29, 2009
Brandon, MS
What are your thoughts on the Baby Glocks (26 - 9mm, 27 - 40cal, 29 - 10mm, 39 - 45GAP, 30 - 45ACP, and 33 - 357SIG)? I am thinking about getting a 26 or 27... This will be my first Glock and I want something for CCW and that is still pretty fun to shoot for practice. What are your opinions? Which would you get? I think the 9mm would be easier to shoot but the 40 cal does give you more whop.

DoubleG

Re: Baby Glock

If it's your first one and you want something you can practice a lot with a G19 might be a better choice. I have both, love the 26, it's the daily carry piece but a 19 can be carried almost as easily and makes a better place to start.

I say this because your scenario is how I saved about a hundred bucks on my 26 that the guy had only shot 50 or so rounds through and decided he wanted a better practice pistol.

Just something else to consider.

Try B4 you buy, I perfer the G26 over the G27, recoil is not that much more in the 27 v 26, but the 9 is easier to shoot.

The smaller model glocks are not target guns so dont be upset when you take it out to shoot a silhouette target. They are NOT that accurate. they are meant as a defensive tool, which is what a CCW is. I have carried a 27 for 3 years now. No complaints. My good buddy carries a 26 because it holds more and ammo is a little less, to him it was a personal preference. I prefer the harder hit of the 40, and its easy to carry an extra mag. but at 9 rounds of 40.... your not gonna have to reload!

By harder hit'...do you mean he will be more dead?...J/K
grin.gif

I just bought me a little KAHR MK9 ...Small,Slim,DAO,Accurate & It fits in your pocket! ....

pix309812.jpg

pix309546.jpg

use a pinky extension. i'd go for the 27 with a 9mm conv bbl.

9mm conversion barrels are bad juju. They don't work that well in anything that they're tried in. The breechface is different between the calibers.

Get the 26. There is no reason to even make a gun like the subcompact Glock in any other caliber.

I agree with the above comment about the Glock 19, though. I carry a Glock 19 and I can't think of any instances where the 26 would conceal better, for me.

Oh, and I will add that the comment that they are not accurate is a bunch of crap. A Glock 26 is every bit as accurate as a Glock 34. If you can't shoot it, fine, but don't try telling people that it's not accurate. That's a bunch of hogwash.

I have a 27 and it is every bit as accurate as my 22 and 23. The only thing it suffers in is sight radius.

Glock 27 for me. I have had it for several years, carried it ccw, shot over a thousand rounds through it and not a single problem. Replace the slide and magazine releases with extended pieces and get some night sites. Great gun for personal protection.

I have a 17 and a 26, both are great. The 26 is a great ccw gun, the 17 is a good ccw in the winter. My 26 is plenty accurate and fun to shoot. I use it to shoot cans all the time.

-dan

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bsp212</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have a 27 and it is every bit as accurage as my 22 and 23. The only thing it suffers in is sight radius. </div></div>
.\
+1
The mini glocks are accurate. I have a 27 and it shoots quite well especially for its size. So they will shoot no worries there. If your more comfortable with the 26 go that route. There are many excellent loadings now in the 9mm world.
An not that it would have an pratical application..but the fact that you can slap a 33rnd mag in that lil bugger makes it kinda cool too.

never had an issue with 9mm conv bbl ...only used LWD so far

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DoubleGobble00</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What are your thoughts on the Baby Glocks (26 - 9mm, 27 - 40cal, <span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="text-decoration: underline">29 - 10mm,</span></span> 39 - 45GAP, 30 - 45ACP, and 33 - 357SIG)? I am thinking about getting a 26 or 27... This will be my first Glock and I want something for CCW and that is still pretty fun to shoot for practice. What are your opinions? Which would you get? I think the 9mm would be easier to shoot but the 40 cal does give you more whop.
DoubleG </div></div>

Love my G29.

Just FYI: you can get at least 3 "caliber conversion" barrels for the G29, and only the extra tubes are needed. The stock 10mm mags and recoil assembly work fine with these other calibers: .40S&W; .357 Sig; & 9x25 Dillon.

Plus, IIRC, there's a .22lr conversion <span style="font-weight: bold">upper</span> unit (slide, barrel & .22lr mag) for G29/G30 frames.

It's a highly versatile pistol, like its primary caliber, the <span style="font-weight: bold">10mm AUTO</span>.

Ive had Glocks since 1991 when the Glock Gods finally came to America. I have also had and still had other pistols that cost 2 or 3 times as much but dont perform any better they just cost more and look pretty. As some others have said, the Baby's are just as good and accurate as the bigger ones. I have a G27 that I carry on me all the time. I renewed my CHL 2 years ago (having never fired it) right out of the box and qualified for my renewal with it. I have owned a 26 but my brother in law liked it and I sold it to him. Cheaper to shoot would be the only thing I would say is better on the G26 than the G27. The 36 is also a small pistol but in .45 that I like. You cant go wrong with any of them. If you hands are big like mine, I put a +2 extension on the mags and its great. They say its a +2 but in .40 its only 1. Good luck with your purchase, you're on the right track looking for a Glock.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 427Cobra</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Try B4 you buy, I perfer the G26 over the G27, recoil is not that much more in the 27 v 26, but the 9 is easier to shoot. </div></div>

Big old Puss!!!! I cant believe you shoot a pop gun....

I've been eyeballin a 33 in 357 sig for a while. I love the rrpund just havnt been able to shoot the gun yet

I'm with Steppenwolf, and I have a G29. It's teh same frame as the 30, with a round that packs equal or more punch than the 45 acp (depending what you load it with). I really like 10mm auto, and it felt good in my hands.

If you don't reload, it's not really worth buying a 10, since the ammo is expensive and neutered to about par with 40 SW.

It's definitely a CCW piece, I have a full frame 10mm for range time and IPDA type stuff, I keep practice on teh 29 just to stay comfortable, I don't expect to ever engage a target beyond ~ 25 feet with it.

Have been daily carrying a G26 for about a year now and am really happy with it. I don't notice much accuracy difference between it and my G21 (if any?). I've got pearce +0 pinky extenders on the 26 mags which really helps get a grip on it. I usually carry a G19 mag as a backup. That gives 26 rounds total which is nice. It's really tame to shoot... not sure I have anything negative at all to say about it.

It feels kinda blocky but that's a Glock I guess. In reality the grip is thinner than my 1911, it just feels clunky.

I like but don't love,(I prefer my XDM) my Glock 26. Get the pinky extention for at least one mag. Put several hundred rounds through it before you carry it to break it in (in my opinion these need more break-in than the mid/full size weapons).

Also give the Springfield XD/XDM, S&W M&P, and Kahr lines a good look. Try to shoot a wide variety before you make a purchase.

Before you start carrying get involved in some local IDPA (or similar) matches. There is a big difference between a mansized stationary target at 7 yards with perfect light and a moving or multiple targets in a dynamic (thing SUPRISE!) environment.

Best of luck!

Had a glock 26 as a concealed carry for ten years and the longer I had it and shot it the less I liked it.. To many jams when you should have none
I bought the beretta px4 storm and I like it much better.. Looks like a gun from blade runner

Theology was never a strong suit for me personally, so I couldn't tell you when the "Glock Gods" arrived on these shores
wink.gif
. I can tell you I bought my first Glock 17 in 1986 and carried it both on and off duty for almost a year...until an A-hole Captain had the, then controversal, Glock removed from the approved (slipped it in while he was at the FBI NA
grin.gif
) list. Moved up to the SP immediately thereafter where our brand new unit was allowed latitude for a few months while we selected a unit pistol. I used the same Glock 17 (as well as a BHP and a 1911) until settling on Sigs in early 1987.

Accumulated, traded and re-accumulated various personal Glocks over the years even though they were verboten for agency carry
wink.gif
. Fought that battle the whole time there though
mad.gif

Finally, upon "retiring" in 2000, I could once again carry my Glocks, or whatever floats my boat at the time, whenever I please. That worked out especially well, since shortly thereafter that is what the USG ended up issuing the foreign troops we were training. Used my personal G23 for everyday personal CCW CONUS at first, but soon settled on my G19 with 127+P+...after all, 9mm "Instructor Maintenance" ammo was unlimited
wink.gif
. In no time though, I decided to carry my G32 instead and just wear out USG Glocks instead of mine
wink.gif
. After all, shoot 'em enough and it becomes obvious, a Glock is a Glock. Familiarity with one goes a long way in developing familiarity with 'em all...

To the OPs question...During my Glock mania of the past 10 years, I also shot the snot out of my baby Glocks, the 26, 27 and 33, especially the G26, remember...unlimited ammo and multiple state of the art ranges right behind the classrooms
grin.gif
. I've come to the conclusion, for me anyway, that the best concealed carry Glocks are the mid sized 19/23/32 (full grip, longer sight radius, yada yada yada) and the only advantage to the baby Glocks is the ability to use the larger magazines of the mid and full sized models when the baby Glock is carried as a BUG. Not that the baby Glocks don't shoot, they do, I just believe the mid sized guns do the job better...faster.

I carried my LEO BUGs every day for 27 years in ankle rigs, so I'm no stranger to that carry mode and the baby Glocks are just a bit "thick" for me for that, and pocket carry. They print at the ankle of 5.11s and even boot cut jeans. The plastic Kahrs are more svelt and serve the baby gun niche much better...and still allow commonality of operation with the various belt sized Glocks. You just can't force a double stack mag in a single stack well
crazy.gif
, NBD to me anyway. Back in the olden days, my K frame speedloaders didn't work with my J frame BUG and my 1911 mags were a bit tight in my PPK BUG. I don't do BUGs much anymore though, if the area is that bad, I just don't go there
wink.gif
...Current LEOs might suffer the thickness for the mag compatability though, they get sent "there"...

Just another .02, OMMV
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif

Thanks for all the information... Right now (My thoughts changed about every 30 min.. ha) I am leaning toward the Glock 19. Seems that it is not much bigger than the 26 and most shoot the 26 with the pinky extension anyway... So then it only has a shorter barrel. The reviews of the 19 are great and 9mm ammo is plentiful. I think I would shoot it a good bit more and it should not be too hard to conceal since I am a pretty big guy (235lb). I hope to go rent a few at the range soon and give them a try.

DoubleG

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DoubleGobble00</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What are your thoughts on the Baby Glocks (26 - 9mm, 27 - 40cal, 29 - 10mm, 39 - 45GAP, 30 - 45ACP, and 33 - 357SIG)? I am thinking about getting a 26 or 27... This will be my first Glock and I want something for CCW and that is still pretty fun to shoot for practice. What are your opinions? Which would you get? I think the 9mm would be easier to shoot but the 40 cal does give you more whop.

DoubleG </div></div>

I have a 23, my 40 has a little pop and little muzzle flip, as I don't have a compensated barrel. It is a pleasure to shoot though. Get any glock 40 cal and you can buy an extra 357 sig barrel (around $100 give or take) and have two calibers (and use the same mags for both calibers).

The baby glock is thick. No different than the 23 just shorter barrel and shorter handle that you can get only 2 fingers around unless you have a mag extension.

Checkout Tarus slim if you don't mind a 9mm for concealed carry. Its a single stack that's lighter and thinner. I don't have one, but I want one since I've handled and shot one that my buddy carries. Might be hard to find though, I don't know?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: fast eddie</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Fellas, I do not mean to Hijack, but are there any G 39 toters out there? </div></div>

No.

Downzero, just wondering about how you are carrying? Being from Ill and all? BTW I carry a G26 everyday. Get the pinky extension or buy 19 mags and get the gap filler.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tomme boy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Downzero, just wondering about how you are carrying? Being from Ill and all? BTW I carry a G26 everyday. Get the pinky extension or buy 19 mags and get the gap filler. </div></div>

Despite being a self-proclaimed "law geek", Downzero has openly expressed that Illinois' "Unlawful Use of a Weapon" is comparable to "jaywalking" in that it need not be enforced. So he's either one of the 3 f's: a felon, a "fannypacker", or full of shit.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Downzero</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pointblank4445</div><div class="ubbcode-body">J-Ham, it's called sarcasm, buddy
wink.gif

And Downzero, please show exactly me where I state I am against the theory of CCW. Regardless of my feelings I must enforce state of IL law. I would love nothing more than for responsible citizens to carry responsibly.

If you are going to argue with me, please have the courtesy of actually reading my posts before putting words in my mouth. </div></div>

Well, the next time you see someone jay walking or hear about someone fornicating, I hope you don't use your discretion there, as both of those things are prohibited by Illinois statute. An arrest would be in order. </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tomme boy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Downzero, just wondering about how you are carrying? Being from Ill and all? </div></div>

Being from Illinois doesn't make CCW illegal. It's being IN Illinois that seems to create the problem. I was carrying my G19 in its MTAC at about 3:30, just as I usually do.

You see, in this wonderful country, we have this concept of liberty that allows a right to travel. I was actually IN Indiana because I was helping my father with some of the first steps in moving OUT of Illinois because of its oppressive gun laws. And there's this other doctrine called "federalism," where just because I'm FROM Illinois doesn't mean that it is illegal for me to carry in Indiana, because in these United States, it is legal for one state to have different laws than the others. Amazing fucking concept, isn't it?

I would also state that I have never made any statement to suggest that UUW was analogous to "jaywalking." Aggravated unlawful use of weapons is a felony in Illinois and the statute has identical wording to the unlawful use of weapons statute.

Pointblank,

Your post is libelous. I am neither a felon, a fannypacker, nor full of shit. Nor would I be, even if I had been carrying a loaded gun in Illinois, because a felon is someone who has been convicted of a felony, not merely someone who has committed one. In fact, the law is so broad that you likely committed several felonies today. And as I pointed out in the beginning of this paragraph, your statement is chock-full of false statements of fact, that if proven, could really help my bank account.

If you have any critical thinking skills left after that show of emotion, I suggest that you read the text you quoted. The key point is that lots of things are illegal in Illinois, including jaywalking, fornication, and unlawful use of weapons. And, as anyone with a lick of sense knows, how and even IF those statutes are enforced is nearly always a matter of discretion.

But you didn't use any discretion in running off at the keyboard with the first chance you got, so I wouldn't expect any less from you.

I love how everyone on the internet assumes that since I'm from Illinois, I'm not aware that CCW is illegal here. Considering how close Wisconsin is to passing theirs, and that would make Illinois the LAST holdout state, don't you guys think we're aware of the fact CCW is illegal here?

I mean, I live 30 minutes from the border anyway, so it's not like being in a state where CCW is permitted is such a big deal, but it seems like every time I talk about CCW, people on this site can't seem to stop jumping down my throat.

Back to the topic of mini-glocks... I own a G27 and have been VERY happy with it for four years. Never had a failure of any type in the 4000 or so rounds I've fired. I carry with the factory mag (don't see the point in an extended mag- why not just buy the larger pistol?). But carry the 11rd extended mag as my spare, and practice with both.

Sub-compact Glocks are as inherently accurate as any other Glock. Accuracy depends on the shooter more than the Glock.

I know I'm new but I'd like to offer an opinion. I carry a baby XD and I've found it to be more comfortable and when compared to a 27 it's actually smaller. The trigger on my XD feels less spongy than a Glock too.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Downzero</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: fast eddie</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Fellas, I do not mean to Hijack, but are there any G 39 toters out there? </div></div>

No. </div></div>

Well thanks for speaking for the masses, I am sure the sheep feel duely supervised now.

Glock 26 for my daily carry since they came out and I found one to buy. I am not a fan of the stock trigger so I have had mine worked and had the frame stippled a bit for a better hold. I honestly don't see me carrying anything else for the average daily grind. Its accurate, dead nuts reliable, carry's an appropriate amount of ammo and takes 17 mags for reloads, comes chambered in a great caliber. I really do not even notice its there with a good carry rig just as it should be.

My 2 cents.

Instead of a 26 or 27 i say go with the 19, stay away from the conversion barrels except(i owned one and wouldnt bet my life on it) I would however look into buying the Advantage Arms 22 convertor for the 19 and get all the trigger time you can.
I have had the 19 22, 23, and the 26.
Modern 9mm is pretty dam good, there seems to be and awful lot of gang punks in the ground from a round that so many people claim is ineffective.
Look into a glock 19 with the rti frame it is awesome no slip grip.The 19 shoots like a sewing machine and I would rather have two or three hits with a slightly lesser powered cartrige than a miss with a larger one because I flinched
All this is JMHO

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tenyearsgone28</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> The trigger on my XD feels less spongy than a Glock too. </div></div>

I strongly disagree with that comment. I had the chance to shoot an xd subcompact side by side with my g26 this weekend actually, and I thought the trigger was horrible, it was long, had an undefined reset, and a very "spongy" break, those liking their crisp rifle pulls will surely be disappointed.

I see many mention that the 19 carries just as well as the 26, I can only think of one cercumstance where that is not true. I didn't see anyone mention ankle carry. I actually ankle carry mine daily, my attire during most seasons doesn't allow any other method (My dress clothes are a somewhat tailored fit and without a coat it aint happenin' on my frame.)

I find the accuracy unbelievable at times and can keep up with my 1911 as closer ranges. Push back to 15-25 yards and you will start noticing a difference. Pinky add on helps with the fun shooting, so does extended mags. Overall I honestly love my 26, will never part with it, but if you are not in the position to own multiple handguns anytime soon then I agree with everyone, get the 19 for a better all around item, and fill the ultimate conceal niche later on.

Well...... Drum roll please...... I BOUGHT THE GLOCK 19!!!!!!!!!! I really like the pistol so far. I hope to get some practice with it this weekend. Thanks for all the help... I appreciate it!

The 19 seemed to fit better in my hands and is still pretty easy to conceal. It just fit me better than the 26. Now I just have to get to the range...

DoubleG

congrats man! Excellent choice, also if down the road you decide its not for you Glocks carry a hell of a resale value, and 19's are always in demand. Enjoy.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JML403</div><div class="ubbcode-body">...I didn't see anyone mention ankle carry. I actually ankle carry mine daily, my attire during most seasons doesn't allow any other method (My dress clothes are a somewhat tailored fit and without a coat it aint happenin' on my frame.)</div></div>

"Reading is Fundamental"
wink.gif
grin.gif

Love my 27. The .40 is a bit "snappier" in the little package, but manageable. Never had an issue with accuracy between it, my G19, G21, or G34.

I have a G26 and carry it every day. Love it. If you want to play with a bigger grip just stick a G19 magazine in it. VIOLA! You can even get one of those grip adapters for it to make it feel a little better. I have a bunch of G26 mags and a few G19 mags plus a G18 mag all for my G26. Easy peasy.

The G19 is a great gun though. I'm looking to get a Gen4 G23 soon.

I love my Glock 26. I traded in an XDm a few months ago for it. For some reason it fits my hands better even though I have small hands. I carry it almost every day in a Supertuck Deluxe and it has never failed. There will be more Glocks in the future for me.

As far as caliber goes I believe the 9mm will be cheaper to shoot and with the ammo of today it has a lot to offer for personal defense as well

Solid choice, the 19 is a versatile platform and once you learn the trigger and other controls there is little to no learning curve when switching to the other Glocks.