• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing Back From the Riflemans Classic Africa 09

A10XRIFLE

Gunny Sergeant
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Mar 26, 2002
N Kansas City, MO
www.gaprecision.com
Had a Great Time. Greg of Global Adventure Outfitters put on another really great event. 8 hunters took over 60 animals in 10 days. 1 Elephant, 3 lions, a White Rino (dart) and a ton of Plains game.

here are a few that I took.

35" Eland
368504162.jpg

14.5" Black Springbok at 619 yards
368503295.jpg

Red Hartebeast 560 yards
368503771.jpg

Black Wildebeast
368503292.jpg

Blue Wildebeast
368503274.jpg

Black Jackel running 150 yard luck shot.
368503282.jpg

Re: Back From the Riflemans Classic Africa 09

Welcome home. Hope you've got a lot of spare wall...

Looks like you had a great Hunt. Congratulations. That is what some of us can only dream about.

Wow! Rifle specs, please.

Looks like you guys had a great time! Africa is a great place to go play, and hunting plains game is not as bad on the pocket as some people think.

Congratulations!!!!! Just seeing those pics makes me want to get on a plane tomorrow!

George, as always, looks like you did well.

I really dig the Eland and Gemsbok.

Which ones are you mounting, or are you mounting them all?

Not being an ass but its <span style="font-weight: bold">Gemsbok</span> or occasionally spelled <span style="font-weight: bold">Gemsbuck</span>. I thought you may use these photos in promotional material and didn't want you to have it spelled wrong.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gemsbok

Also were they Male or Female? In most cases Males have shorter and heavier horns where as the Female have thinner but longer horns. Based on the Pic I would say Male but I am just curious. Also in what area were you hunting. Just off hand and based on the terrain I would say Norther Province in noticing the 2 African Smelly Thorn Trees off your left shoulder.

38.5" Gemsbuc Twins. 220 yards shot on a 3 second countdown.
368503289.jpg
[/quote]

George, i think its absolutely horrible that you can kill those beautiful animals

Without me
smile.gif

sweet pictures...That Eland is one of the nicer ones i have seen. The jackel is something else

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: AverageJoe</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Not being an ass but its <span style="font-weight: bold">Gemsbok</span> or occasionally spelled <span style="font-weight: bold">Gemsbuck</span>. I thought you may use these photos in promotional material and didn't want you to have it spelled wrong.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gemsbok

Also were they Male or Female? In most cases Males have shorter and heavier horns where as the Female have thinner but longer horns. Based on the Pic I would say Male but I am just curious. Also in what area were you hunting. Just off hand and based on the terrain I would say Norther Province in noticing the 2 African Smelly Thorn Trees off your left shoulder.

38.5" Gemsbuc Twins. 220 yards shot on a 3 second countdown.
368503289.jpg
</div></div>

Corrected, thats from the 38 hours without sleep when I posted.

Both are Bulls, We were on the base of the Kalahari desert its filled with huge Gemsbok, the same guy in the picture with me shot a 40" Cow, and Greg shot a 44" Cow.

North West Province, Directly north of Vryberg on the Botswana border.

Very Nice looks like you had fun!! Plus we know you did a package check on each of them because figuring out the sex was your first priority bean bag checker.!!

No monkeys or anything else crazy this trip!!

How about a hippo!!

Nice pics. What calibers did you use?

The Spring Buck and the Black Wildebeast were taken with one of our Non-Typical Hunting rifles in 308 Win shooting Corbon 168 grain tipped tripple shocks.

The rest were taken with a 35 WSSM. (Yes a 35 Caliber Super Short Mag). Using handloads with 200 grain Barnes tripple shocks. Its a neat little wildcat that is Indiana Deer Legal.

Great pics and trophies, really like the Eland and Hartebeast.

Any pics of the 35 WSSM cartridge?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: A10XRIFLE</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The Spring Buck and the Black Wildebeast were taken with one of our Non-Typical Hunting rifles in 308 Win shooting Corbon 168 grain tipped tripple shocks.

The rest were taken with a 35 WSSM. (Yes a 35 Caliber Super Short Mag). Using handloads with 200 grain Barnes tripple shocks. Its a neat little wildcat that is Indiana Dear Legal.

</div></div>

F'in George! Congrats. I will try very hard to sit here and be happy for you. When Tatford and I get a chance to head to Africa, we will have to drag you along to show us the way.

Sean

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: xNF 9</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Which ones are you mounting, or are you mounting them all? </div></div>

Are you do head mounts or skull mounts? Awesome shooting George, esp. that black wildebeast w/.308.

No warthogs!!!
Looks like a good time. What all do you have in the reception area?

Awesome, Rino is Rhino.

Nice part of Africa too

Cheers

Wow, very cool pics, looks like an awesome hunt!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sendero_man</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I wonder if them little Jackals would come to my calls
laugh.gif
</div></div>

SM, the jackals would come, along with Lions, leopards, Hyenas, cheetahs etc
wink.gif

Scweeet hunt and awesome critters, be sure to update when you get them hung up. Congrads.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: A10XRIFLE</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Shoulder mounts on all of them. More Decor for the reception area. </div></div>

You suck dude, not only do you get to go to Africa on a sweet trip your going to use it as a business expense on your taxes!!!
smile.gif

What kind of speed are you getting with your .35wssm and the 200 TSX?

Those are some sweet animals. Hopefully one day I'll get a chance to get out to Africa. Heard there's nothing else like it. Also, got a buddy that shot an eland when he went. They make a nice looking mount. The one he shot wasn't at big as yours but its nice nonetheless.

Keep livin the dream.

george that is good stuff, I did not plan on going back to africa to hunt but things like your post could change my mind.

Baddass camo GA hat George when you gonna sell some of those and stop being stinjey with them. congrats on all the kills

Guys,

Some random answers to some of your questions:

1. There was plenty of beer. The bed of George's truck sounded like a bunch of wind chimes from all the bottles rolling around every time they stopped or turned a corner.

2. We were hunting in the Northwest Province - good eye.

3. No JRT in that camp, though I have 3 here in Texas for African stock that are great hunters. The one we hunted with last year was a badass little dog, too.

4. I arranged the trip. My company books hunting and fishing trip all over the world for just about everything. Africa and North America are our specialties because that's where most people want to go, but we hunt on 6 continents.

George has been on 3 safaris with me now, and we're planning another group hunt for next year. Drop me a line if you're interested at: [email protected]

here are some more, im related to this guy...i added anohter he sent me too!! the wood gun is a .35 HCR and the other is a 300WM
Lion-1.jpg

45" Gemsbok
GB-1.jpg

WB-1.jpg

best for last...the PH's gf
PHG-1.jpg