• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Back when toys were cool.

Damn Maggot.
Was that a carbide cannon?
I had a smaller one. We'd take those rubber balls of the paddle-balls and shoot them for a helluva long way. Lucky we didn't blow our ass up.
Big fun.

Showing your age old man.

Not so. I remember flushing one of these down a service station toilet. Went off before we cleared the door. Then there was the Cherry Bomb that went int ethe outhouse while the old black lady was sitting on the pot. Im evil.

Not that I am claiming any responsibility......but I know for a fact that one of these, or a cherry bomb, will turn a mailbox inside out.......

1524613709916.png
1524613784300.png

A helmet! What a Nerd!

1524613833381.png

Any of you guys ever blow bubbles as a kid? ;)

There's got to be a way to weaponize that. Maybe use Hydrogen which will float better, but how to direct and ignite them?

250px-Mouse_Trap_Board_and_Boxjpg.jpg

I didnt think this game was all that fun.......until some friends of mine in San Francisco built a life size version.

Not so. I remember flushing one of these down a service station toilet. Went off before we cleared the door. Then there was the Cherry Bomb that went int ethe outhouse while the old black lady was sitting on the pot. Im evil.

If 'ya think THAT'S fun, try upping it to a grenade or arty sim and dropping that bad boy down the vent tube of a porta-shitter while you've got (preferably someone you can get away with doing this to) locked inside. Oh man, did that ever cause some shit... And that dude was blue the whole plane trip back!

Reactions: bigdaddydmd
The chemistry sets... Some of the bigger ones had some very dangerous chemicals. There was one that had radioactive samples and a Geiger counter! I didn't get to play much with toy guns, I had real ones by 8, and if we played with water guns, I usually just went and grabbed the hose! Most of our time was spent exploring the woods --armed, of course!

Did play with rockets and other stuff though. Had a chemistry set and it got well used too. Then there were GI Joes --which would be R rated today.

Speaking of cherry bombs, if you wanted to make a cool modification to them what you do is open then up because they are in fact just two sphere halves glued together. So split the halves. Pour out the powder and replace it with Armstrong's mix and then put a small pebble in the middle of the powder. Glue the halves back together. Remove the fuse and glue the touch hole closed. And you're done. All you gotta do is throw it on the ground and that's what sets it off. No more waiting for pesky long burning fuses. Instant gratification. :D

I grew up in the late 1970s. Cherry bombs and M80s were already banned by the time I was in grade school. With good reason. They would blow your fingers right off. People today don’t understand how powerful they were. They weren’t firecrackers. They were explosives.

Luckily I had a brother at U of Az, and he would bring back boxes of M80s, quarter sticks, and some off brand cherry bombs from Mexico.

People today don’t understand how powerful they were. They weren’t firecrackers. They were explosives.

LOL! Really? You're talking to a guy who worked on farms as a kid and learned about the joys of a certain mix of diesel and fertilizer at a young age. :D

I'm sure you've built some powerful N2H4O3 bombs that would blow up an M-Farmall. That's irrelevant. I still think you would be surprised how powerful those little red firecrackers with the fuse coming out the side are. Not that they would blow up a tractor, but that they would sell them to children at the $.5 and $.10.

I'm sure you've built some powerful N2H4O3 bombs that would blow up an M-Farmall. That's irrelevant. I still think you would be surprised how powerful those little red firecrackers with the fuse coming out the side are. Not that they would blow up a tractor, but that they would sell them to children at the $.5 and $.10.

Not surprised in the least since I know what flashpowder does inside a confined cardboard tube with clay or cardboard end caps.

Chemistry sets were great. I'll never forget my moms reaction when I did the paraffin and sulfur heated in a test tube thing. Boy the house did stink for days. :)

Chemistry sets were great. I'll never forget my moms reaction when I did the paraffin and sulfur heated in a test tube thing. Boy the house did stink for days. :)

Is that the thing where when it gets way too hot it all shoots upwards out of the test tube and hits the ceiling? My older brother had a chemistry set and I always wondered what the weird wax speckles on the ceiling of our dining room were from. I just remember my brother telling me he heated up wax and another chemical and it exploded upwards but didn't break the test tube.

We made our own cap bombs using a carriage bolt, a stack of washers, and a wing nut.

Forget the hammer, we'd use a railroad spike. Deaf, I tell you..., what? Huh?

We rolled our own rockets and played bazookas with them using discarded carpet core tubes.

Some of that stuff got a tad hairy... But no harm got done, and we all went to church together every Sunday.

Last edited:
Is that the thing where when it gets way too hot it all shoots upwards out of the test tube and hits the ceiling? My older brother had a chemistry set and I always wondered what the weird wax speckles on the ceiling of our dining room were from. I just remember my brother telling me he heated up wax and another chemical and it exploded upwards but didn't break the test tube.
Rotten egg smell.

Who's this Bubbles guy and why did you blow him ?

Bubbles was the stage name of Lowlight's ex-fluffer. I blew Bubbles because I was in need of money and I thought it was a good idea at the time because I had just got a new type of chapstick and wanted to try it out. We eventually got into a slap fight with double sided dildos in the parking lot of Lowlight's bunker and I won and I remain Lowlight bitch for life you fucking faggots! :D

Last edited:
Reactions: Alphatreedog
I grew up in the late 1970s. Cherry bombs and M80s were already banned by the time I was in grade school. With good reason. They would blow your fingers right off. People today don’t understand how powerful they were. They weren’t firecrackers. They were explosives.

Luckily I had a brother at U of Az, and he would bring back boxes of M80s, quarter sticks, and some off brand cherry bombs from Mexico.

When I was a kid....mid 60's we could buy M80's Cherry Bombs, Silver Salutes......American made, marked "For Pest Control Use Only"......if I remember right the Cherry Bombs were $10 for a half gross.......

IMG_2255.JPG

I found these bad boys at a "Flea Market" (junk shop) in MS a month or so ago. I got the set for $4 and the owner let me go immediately outside and throw them in his yard.

The missus thought I was joking when I explained how we used to take turns as kids laying on the ground in the vacant lot while your buddy threw them at you. My little brother STILL bitches about being used as a lawn dart target.

and you didnt bring them to tampa? man oh man, i feel cheated

Ya know man, I probably had them in the truck and didn't even think about it. I was still pissed that I'd forgotten to bring my Trumpy Bear for party pics. Had him sitting by my bag and walked out without him.

For those of y'all unfamiliar, here's Trumpy Bear. My girlfriend got him for me for my bday. He's got some Gulf fishing trips coming up soon.

http://www.gettrumpybear.com/

Reactions: lash
When I was in high school, we made some nitroglycerine and blew a huge hole in the bank of a local creek. Like a 5'x5'x5' divot.

"Yes officer, I saw them run that-a-way."

Ya know man, I probably had them in the truck and didn't even think about it. I was still pissed that I'd forgotten to bring my Trumpy Bear for party pics. Had him sitting by my bag and walked out without him.

For those of y'all unfamiliar, here's Trumpy Bear. My girlfriend got him for me for my bday. He's got some Gulf fishing trips coming up soon.

http://www.gettrumpybear.com/

probably better off left in your truck, like it happened

My brother and I used to shoot arrows straight up in the air, and dodge them when they came back down........target arrows, recurve bow......but it would still send them almost out of sight.....also BB gun fights......rules were no head shots.....

I remember bikes, bats, and BB guns as standard fare growing up with my cousins. Spotting cicaydas locusts buzzing up in the pecan trees and seeing who was first to shoot it down with Red Ryder’s was a fun challenge.

Had one of these when I was about 6 or 7.

mattel-m16-marauder-2.gif

And bought this by saving pennies and other sorted change around the same time. IIRC it was $2.99.

5c10_310.jpg

Might have something to do with my current obsession with guns and bullets. ?