• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

background checks - employees, etc

lariat

Two Star General
Minuteman
Feb 11, 2018
I need to do background checks on some potential new hires and the process I have used in the past needs an upgrade. What options are out there that would provide a thorough data set?

im in pa and we use the pa courts portal it gives a history off all arrests and current charges. you might check your state and see what they have.

Locally every company I interviewed with over the last 5 years has hired a local security company to do background checks - the potential employee fills out a questionnaire and the Security Company does all the leg work. Time consuming process - belongs in the hands of Professionals. I don't mind being vetted but I won't give finger prints or do lie detector tests. So many companies are begging for workers now that they aren't even checking references or doing drug testing or anything. If yer a warm body you got the job.

Never saw this coming.

VooDoo

Locally every company I interviewed with over the last 5 years has hired a local security company to do background checks - the potential employee fills out a questionnaire and the Security Company does all the leg work. Time consuming process - belongs in the hands of Professionals. I don't mind being vetted but I won't give finger prints or do lie detector tests. So many companies are begging for workers now that they aren't even checking references or doing drug testing or anything. If yer a warm body you got the job.

Never saw this coming.

VooDoo
That might be true in where you live but it absolutely is not true where I live. Background checks and drug testing is the normal routine, and you still have to be qualified to get a job (unless it's fast food). I've never had to do a lie detector or fingerprinting, but my career field isn't known for that. I don't know anyone outside of fed gov't jobs where that is required either.

Reactions: camocorvette