• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Backing into parking spaces?

It’s a fast 1 point turn, pull up, stop, back in, takes no time, and if someone crazy/village idiot is riding your ass that close, you got other issues to sort before parking.
Why do you think you have a right to backup into traffic?

I back in to my parking spot at home.
That way at 3:30am I just drive out.
Anywhere else I rarely do it unless it facilities loading and unloading a dead hooker or bricks of cocaine.
I back in so after loading drugs and hookers I can exit quickly..

Smash N Grab.jpg

I back in to my parking spot at home.
That way at 3:30am I just drive out.
Anywhere else I rarely do it unless it facilities loading and unloading a dead hooker or bricks of cocaine.
Dig the hole first then just roll them out of the truck bed.

I also sit at a corner table in the back of a restaurant with my back to the wall. Goes along with backing into a parking space.

Sirhr
When a threat enters the restaurant, you can see him/her, but they’re between you and the door. If you sit in the front of the restaurant with you back to the wall the door is on, you’ll still see the threat- because they’re not going to stand in the door way, but now you have a potential exit that is not impeded by the threat…

Sheep follow sheep.
It's like that expirement with the people in the waiting room. A bell rings and one guy stands up. Very soon everyone is standing when the bell rings.
Just because everyone else is pulled in doesn't mean that you have to follow the other sheep.

I drive a 3/4 ton with a tailgate that's over 4 feet off the ground. It's good for hiding children and little old people. Had to pull in forward once in a directional lot. Came out, scanned the area, little old lady walking through the lot. Got in, started, looked around. No little old lady. Had to get out and look around again. Next truck will have a backup camera, but I'll still back in.

The things that get argued about here. tsk.
I'm going to start a thread about toilet paper: Folded or crumpled?
Or blowing one's nose: one tissue or two? Or paper towel?
And next we can debate whether it is better to have the TP roll off the top or from under the roll!

I pull through, or back in...mostly so I don't back over an old woman or a little kid when I leave. More importantly, to piss off people like the OP. :cool:

Reactions: W54/XM-388
I try to never back in and all ways try to pull through is just easier.
Plus as an added bonus you usually need to park farther away to pull through and my fat ass needs the extra walk.

Reactions: n0glock
Women have a hard time backing up period…. When my wife and I go somewhere and I very quickly just back into a spot using just my mirrors she says I don’t know how you do that. I tried to explain to her how to back the boat trailer down the boat landing one day….. I might as well been explaining Chinese arithmetic to her.

Growing up pre-shopping malls all shopping was "downtown" and you parallel parked. I'm about seven or eight and my mom drags me "downtown" to shop for school clothes. We get back to the car and someone has parked close behind her and she's afraid to move the car. She goes into a store and asks a guy to come out and move the car. Four seconds later it's on the street and she offers to pay him.

When it comes to parking near stores and such, I generally find the level of assholery increases the closer you get to the entrance, so I generally tend to park fairly far away as usually, the further away you go in the parking lot, the less drama and stupidity you have to deal with.

I grew up in MN, and driving FORDS...I back in cause when its below 30f I know I'm gonna need a jump start.....

Reactions: SBRSarge
Why do you think you have a right to backup into traffic?

Deep thought of the day - whether you back into a spot or back out of it, at some point you will be backing up into traffic :unsure:

• Wow
Reactions: NoDopes
While BU cameras have been required in new cars for several years, the stupidity of the driver using it is the same. So while that data and its conclusion should become obsolete, it will not.

Having parked both ways thousands of times, I don't buy it. When you're backed in your sideways visibility is restricted by what's parked on either side of you. Your eyes are several feet behind the front of a car and you're literally blind to the sides until you move fwd enough for your eyes to clear the cars that are blocking your view.

With modern BU cameras, I can see AROUND the cars parked either side of me without even turning my head. I have zero trouble seeing approaching cars on camera much earlier than I could if I was front facing out.

@E. Bryant and I must be the only people here who either have them or look at them.
While it is true that BU cameras have changed things, trust me, when Money is involved, the Insurance companies have the data.

Also all you youngins and backing your cars up. Try backing with a trailer.
Then try backing up with a 2 trailers.

Farm kids for lyfe yo!

2/3 of my cars don't have the backup camera yet either. Its nice, but you lose the excuse to put your arm around your girlfriend when backing up.

Reactions: W54/XM-388
For the pisscutters with the cameras good for you make sure you wipe that thing before you get up from peeing.

Here in Az & Nv it gets real hot & your battery can go dead without notice. Easier to jump start if you back in. But I've always backed in.

Back in, front in but no matter how you do it in AZ - don't leave a case of beer in with the windows rolled up!

just about every restaurant has 2 exits...

sitting in the back gives you time....and time gives you options.
What if the threat comes in through the back door? Or isn't evident until they have made it to the back?

I used to decide where I wanted to sit by making a quick scan of the waitress staff.

Reactions: NoDopes
It took 10 years for my wife to understand that I always wanted to watch the front door in a restaurant.....