• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Backpack Style Sling

Jack, what area of ND are you in? I've got a TAB Biathlon if you'd like to check it out.

I have been looking the TAB Biathlong as well. Would you mind if I get a look at it? Looking for something to help with packing a RC50 into MT this fall for an elk hunt.

I'm up in the far NE corner of ND. So it sounds like the TAB Gear sling is the way to go. What's the best place to get it?

If you go to tabgear.com their site takes you through riflesonly to place an order. They are really quick and do a good job taking care of things! Lisa has been very helpful to me in getting stuff out fast recently.

~Brett

Which biathlon sling do you guys have the EBS or RBS.I am thinking of getting one for my rifle for a elk hunt this year.Which one would you recommend.My rifle ways 13.5lbs

I use a regular biathlon sling on my .338 that weighs almost 19 pounds unloaded. I have no issues with the weight. The cobra buckles on the EBS are virtually indestructible but may be overkill. If under pressure they can be difficult to open/unsnap.

Hi guys,

I appreciate all the communications on the biathlon slings. I'll address a couple of questions and make some comments.

If you're going to be carrying a heavy rifle that you don't expect to be slinging up with I would recommend looking at the Simple Biathlon Sling, SBS. This sling is less expensive in that it doesn't have the added work in building the shooters loop etc. The SBS simply has the shoulder straps on each side for carrying a heavy rifle.

We currently have some of the SBS slings in use carrying .338 Lapua and .50 caliber weapon systems around the world and have received very positive feedback from the end users.

With the Elite Biathlon Sling, EBS, that uses the Cobra buckles, those buckles are designed to NOT release under a load. That is part of the safety feature of the buckles and why they're used in so many pieces of safety/rescue equipment around the world.

None of the biathlon slings have swivels sewn in. This allows the user to use his own swivels, or mix and match swivels to fit his particular system.

I'll be happy to address any more questions should they arise, thanks for your consideration.